2011 NFL Football Thread

Bong-Man

no, the bills WON the game, the pats didnt hand it to them (21-7 at the half), pats D suck's and brady sucked too, but buffalo were better. as a patriots fan im glad this lose came so early, its time to do some things with our offense and defense. brady cant always pass the ball. (WES WELKER WAS GODLIKE)

good win by the bills...

nah......4 interceptions and you lose..........pretty simple

and yes......the defense sucks big time...hopefully they'll figure something out

Buffalo blows and is always gonna blow

plain and simple

Hi all,

Agreed.

NE @ Oakland,.......! Strider? :P

KB

Hey, if Oakland can pick Brady off 4 times then the Raiders have a shot. It's in Oakland, so that's another thing in their favour...long cross-country flight for the Patriots.

Still, the Patriots scare me...when their offense is clicking it is tough to stop them. In all fairness, Brady did not "suck" against Buffalo. It was more like bad bounces and freak deflections on some of those interceptions.

And had that Buffalo TD counted at the end, does anyone doubt that Brady wouldn't have marched the Patriots right down the field to send the game to OT?

I just hope the Raiders battle and don't get blown out. Patriots will be an angry and focused team this week.

Hi all,

Hey, if Oakland can pick Brady off 4 times then the Raiders have a shot. It's in Oakland, so that's another thing in their favour...long cross-country flight for the Patriots.

Oakland,along with the Bills,Lions have a team this year.I like that, because being a Pats fan,one had to eat salt for a looooog time.

Still, the Patriots scare me...when their offense is clicking it is tough to stop them. In all fairness, Brady did not "suck" against Buffalo. It was more like bad bounces and freak deflections on some of those interceptions.

No, but the D did,....

And had that Buffalo TD counted at the end, does anyone doubt that Brady wouldn't have marched the Patriots right down the field to send the game to OT?

Not so funny story on that,....

I just hope the Raiders battle and don't get blown out. Patriots will be an angry and focused team this week.

Should a great game!See you at 4 EST? :D

KB

So it's true...Al Davis is dead.

My feelings are conflicted...the man was legend, as I've previously enumerated his many accomplishments here before. But lately he seemed to hurt the team more than help.

Every day is a silver and black day when you're a Raider fan, but this weekend will be a little blacker than usual.

RIP Mr. Davis.

So it's true...Al Davis is dead.

My feelings are conflicted...the man was legend, as I've previously enumerated his many accomplishments here before. But lately he seemed to hurt the team more than help.

Every day is a silver and black day when you're a Raider fan, but this weekend will be a little blacker than usual.

RIP Mr. Davis.

I can't help but wonder if the Raiders got better the last year or so because Davis was too old or sick to be part of things. Maybe so, but it doesn't matter now anyway. Davis helped to build modern pro football and helped turn it into the game that it is today. For that alone he deserves cudos and praise. Old guys like me remember the old AFL....................

RIP, a live well lived.

I can't help but wonder if the Raiders got better the last year or so because Davis was too old or sick to be part of things. Maybe so, but it doesn't matter now anyway. Davis helped to build modern pro football and helped turn it into the game that it is today. For that alone he deserves cudos and praise. Old guys like me remember the old AFL....................

RIP, a live well lived.

Amen to that, brother. I'm only old enough to have seen the last couple years of the AFL, first watching a game in 1968...Jets @ Raiders, as it happens. Talk about a thrilling finish...whew. The AFL had some crazy, innovative offenses back then: Houston Oilers, Los Angeles/San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs...yes, kids, Kansas City used to be good.

Any football fan that hasn't, should read up on the history of the AFL...and watch the excellent 5-part documentary on the AFL: "Full Color Football", which is out on dvd, and reairings can also be seen on the NFL channel and Showtime.

Getting ready to watch Raiders vs. Houston Texans(we're coming for you, Miss Melanie ;))...all NFL games will have a moment of silence for Al Davis. Howie Long, Terry Bradshaw and the Fox guys had some nice words and stories about Al.

ESPN is full of ex-Broncos(Tom Jackson, Mark Schlereth) so it'll be interesting to see what their angle is on Al Davis' passing.

Any football fan that hasn't, should read up on the history of the AFL...and watch the excellent 5-part documentary on the AFL: "Full Color Football", which is out on dvd, and reairings can also be seen on the NFL channel and Showtime

That documentary should be required viewing. The AFL caught up to the NFL fast. They were innovative, they embraced black players faster than the NFL did, there's a lot of things still evident in todays' NFL that was directly attributable to the AFL really.

http://www.remembertheafl.com/AFL.htm

That documentary should be required viewing. The AFL caught up to the NFL fast. They were innovative, they embraced black players faster than the NFL did, there's a lot of things still evident in todays' NFL that was directly attributable to the AFL really.

http://www.remembertheafl.com/AFL.htm

Broadway Joe voiced his confidence the Jets would win Super Bowl III.The AFL caught the NFL fast indeed.

Strider, you remember the intensity of the KC and Oakland rivalry back in the day? I was born in KC and was an avid Chiefs fan as a kid. Those were some great games.

Strider, you remember the intensity of the KC and Oakland rivalry back in the day? I was born in KC and was an avid Chiefs fan as a kid. Those were some great games.

Oh yes, indeed I do, jabe. But it took a few years.

So while I started watching football...AFL first, then NFL...in 1968 and became a Raider fan, it wasn't until the 1970-71 seasons that I was old enough, and a regular reader of the sports pages, that I could understand and appreciate the nature of the division rivalries: Kansas City, Denver and San Diego.

Those were some good, and sometimes bitter memories. Sometimes my team came out on top, sometimes your guys in red were victorious. Always hard fought games with incredible atmosphere.

Hope your Chiefs get back on track.

WOO HOO! RAIDERS WIN ONE FOR AL!!! JUST WIN, BABY!

What a finish to that game! Take that, Houston!!!

Wasn't it a good win Strider? It was so emotional to see Hue Jackson break down after the game, as well as Mark Davis. I have faith in these guys, Cleveland at home will be a great game.

WOO HOO! RAIDERS WIN ONE FOR AL!!! JUST WIN, BABY!

What a finish to that game! Take that, Houston!!!

dry.gif The Raiders were just lucky that the Texans made such stupid mistakes. Why didn't he just run the damn ball through at the end instead of throwing it? Stupid, Stupid!!slapface.gif

dry.gif The Raiders were just lucky that the Texans made such stupid mistakes. Why didn't he just run the damn ball through at the end instead of throwing it? Stupid, Stupid!!slapface.gif

Thats what Matt was gonna do but if you notice, Raiders safety Tyvon Branch started to rush him. After the game they asked him about it and he said he isn't the type of QB that makes a DB miss, so he took a chance to win the game.

Archived