After show party?

Did anyone manage to get into the after show party? Just wondering what the old soulsters like Solomon Burke, etc, were like?

Aftershow was in IndigO2 club.

Started with a rock band, Paper Thin Walls.

Sound crew set up the stage for Bill Wyman and his band, and they were then the backing band for the other acts. Albert Lee on guitar.

It was a real feast of Atlantic soul:

Sam Moore (as in Sam & Dave) was incredible... what a voice!!!! He then did a duet with Paul Rodgers.

Percy Sledge played all the old hits (When a Man Loves a Woman, etc), and was then joined by his wife.... she can really sing.

Ben E King came on to sing old Drifters tunes.

Solomon Burke... he's one large guy (and the father to twenty-one children, with 87 grandchildren!).

He was good, but Sam Moore was certainly the highlight.

All finished around 3am.

Most of the celebs in the upstairs section spent their entire time in the bar chatting or e-mailing on their Blackberry, and missed all the acts. Sad.

Sound crew set up the stage for Bill Wyman and his band, and they were then the backing band for the other acts. Alvin Lee on guitar.

Sam Moore (as in Sam & Dave) was incredible... what a voice!!!! He then did a duet with Paul Rodgers.

Percy Sledge played all the old hits (When a Man Loves a Woman, etc), and was then joined by his wife.... she can really sing.

Solomon Burke... he's one large guy (and the father to twenty-one children, with 87 grandchildren!).

He was good, but Sam Moore was certainly the highlight.

All finished around 3am.

Most of the celebs in the upstairs section spent their entire time in the bar chatting or e-mailing on their Blackberry, and missed all the acts. Sad.

Did any of the zep members attend the postshow party or they did their own private thing?

Sound crew set up the stage for Bill Wyman and his band, and they were then the backing band for the other acts. Alvin Lee on guitar.

I belive that was Albert Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Sound crew set up the stage for Bill Wyman and his band, and they were then the backing band for the other acts. Albert Lee on guitar.

Sam Moore (as in Sam & Dave) was incredible... what a voice!!!! He then did a duet with Paul Rodgers and Maggie Bell.

Percy Sledge played all the old hits ("When a Man Loves a Woman" was Atlantic's first ever gold record), and was then joined by his wife Rosa.

Solomon Burke... an Atlantic legend. He's one large guy (and the father to twenty-one children, with 87 grandchildren!).

....and here is the video:

This is freakin amazing. I love those Stax/Atlantic soul acts. Great job to whoever shot t his!

Thanks. I wish I'd taken more footage now, but I was saving battery power, holding out for an appearance by Zepp / Stones etc.

more videos here:

Jason and Jonsey attended and spent some time chatting with all and sundry.

They actually didn't attend the Indigo aftershow - none of the band did. Jason and Jonesy made an appearance in the backstage Artists Bar, for which you needed a different pass - a stick-on red one. The Indigo party required a wristband (and a clear head to deal with some particularly jobs-worth doormen).

I thought Ben E King in particular was wonderful.

There were also a couple of other after-show parties in other places in the O2 - held by record companies and the like. So the "aftershow party" idea is a little misleading, as there were several going on at once and not all of the celebs who attended were mixing together. I was amused to read about the Gallagher brothers supposedly enjoying the free drinks - that must have been at a record company bash, as there were no free drinks in the Artists Bar or Indigo - in fact they were bloody expensive. (But no I'm not complaining. Helped avoid the hangover too.)

They actually didn't attend the Indigo aftershow - none of the band did. Jason and Jonesy made an appearance in the backstage Artists Bar, for which you needed a different pass - a stick-on red one. The Indigo party required a wristband (and a clear head to deal with some particularly jobs-worth doormen).

I thought Ben E King in particular was wonderful. Totally agree, it was a fantastic evening and just right to 'come down' to after the concert.

There were also a couple of other after-show parties in other places in the O2 - held by record companies and the like. So the "aftershow party" idea is a little misleading, as there were several going on at once and not all of the celebs who attended were mixing together. I was amused to read about the Gallagher brothers supposedly enjoying the free drinks - that must have been at a record company bash, as there were no free drinks in the Artists Bar or Indigo - in fact they were bloody expensive. (But no I'm not complaining. Helped avoid the hangover too.)

There was free drinks, you just had to have an extra wristband on. :ph34r: I paid for my first before it was pointed out to me that I could drink for free, but yes they were bloody expensive!!

There was free drinks, you just had to have an extra wristband on. :ph34r: I paid for my first before it was pointed out to me that I could drink for free, but yes they were bloody expensive!!

Goodness gracious. Those early backstage days of eating chicken out of a cardboard container on the table really are long gone.

Whyalla,how enjoyable and when did you get back ?

Whyalla,how enjoyable and when did you get back ?

Hi Ross, I got back early hours on the 14th. We spent the rest of the week down in London doing 'stuff'. Managed to get food poisoning though!! Certainly seeing Led Zeppelin play live is the highlight of my life and I'm still totally numbed by the occasion (and still pretty emotional too). The after party was great and despite all the rumours that the Stones would perform or a Page/Clapton/Beck jam, the artists who performed were just right for the occasion and to see such legends in front of me was a incredible bonus. I spent all the night in front of the stage, just 'bopping' away :lol:

Whyalla - sorry to hear about the f.p. By any chance did you attend the before show party at the Indigo as well? My husband also became ill with f.p. the morning after the show and thought it might have been the dinner served. Didn't matter though, it was well worth it to enjoy Led Zeppelin and all the parties (such a great time). We didn't have to pay for drinks either - the wristband to get in the party included the drinks :D

Your a lad old mate :)

I was there pre and after party at the Indigo2

chatted with Noel Gallagher about music and Siddy's match that day

and mostly took in the crazy happening of celebs and big wigs and got a lot people free drinks with my all freebie wristbands... I had I think four of the bleeding things on. I had all access all freebies...

I was there pre and after party at the Indigo2

chatted with Noel Gallagher about music and Siddy's match that day

and mostly took in the crazy happening of celebs and big wigs and got a lot people free drinks with my all freebie wristbands... I had I think four of the bleeding things on. I had all access all freebies...

I'm pretty amused that I didn't know my wristband got me free drinks in Indigo. I didn't even attempt to buy one there after paying 6 quid for a glass of wine in the artists bar. Saved me from a glorious hangover I'm certain, but I think the guys with me would have liked to have indulged! :rolleyes:

I'm pretty amused that I didn't know my wristband got me free drinks in Indigo. I didn't even attempt to buy one there after paying 6 quid for a glass of wine in the artists bar. Saved me from a glorious hangover I'm certain, but I think the guys with me would have liked to have indulged! :rolleyes:

Oh i think we would Knebby :D

Ouch.. wish I could have been there; Percy Sledge is one of the all-time greats. It's a pity most people only know one song by him -- he has a truckful that are just as powerful.

I bet the Sam and Paul duet was smokin' too!

Archived