Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

This is being reported everywhere. Heard it first on ESPN, just minutes ago during the Mets/Phillies game.

He's supposedly been killed and U.S. officials have his body. Obama is going to make an announcement shortly regarding this.

No link is necessary, since you'll find it everywhere!

Edited by SuperDave

Well, kind of surreal, but... finally! Much will be made of where he was found in terms of international relations with some US friends (loosely termed), and how he was killed, but it's great that this chapter, at least, is closed.

Great news!

But we shouldn't get too carried away as the war on terrorism isn't over by a long stretch.

There will be a heightened awareness of security and intelligence agencies around the world will be watching for any sign of terrorist activity.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of fanatics who are capable of causing actsof violence against the west.

Great news!

But we shouldn't get too carried away as the war on terrorism isn't over by a long stretch.

There will be a heightened awareness of security and intelligence agencies around the world will be watching for any sign of terrorist activity.

Unfortunately there is no shortage of fanatics who are capable of causing actsof violence against the west.

Well said Reggie. Definitely agree with you.

To me it seems like he may have been dead for a few years, due to all those videos bin Laden was releasing on new threats against the U.S. and the West. Most were generalizations with very few specifics in these videos. This would be different if they were current. Just a way to look at it. Don't know this for sure.

Considering the MASSIVE planning that it took to send the Special Forces Unit to dispose of Bin Laden, I am more than sure that there are strategies in place to prevent retaliation. One thing that the President should add (sooner than later) is something along the lines of "whomever wishes to take Bin Laden's place, YOUR NEXT"

I just emailed the news to those I know that will not learn until morning. Much of the world is asleep and will awake to this. What in the devil will they do with the bastards body? did they ever really tell us the truth about Hitler? Dont the Russians have his remains? This is like the news of Hitler being killed.

RIP Osama Bin Laden. :o

It doesn't bring back the loved ones who so many people lost, but this news amazes me. This is an emotional time for the citizens of the United States. I hope this will be the last of the terror that he fostered.

msnbc.msn.com

Travel Alert

U.S. DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Bureau of Consular Affairs

WORLD WIDE

May 1, 2011

The U.S. Department of State alerts U.S. citizens traveling and residing abroad to the enhanced potential for anti-American violence given recent counter-terrorism activity in Pakistan. Given the uncertainty and volatility of the current situation, U.S. citizens in areas where recent events could cause anti-American violence are strongly urged to limit their travel outside of their homes and hotels and avoid mass gatherings and demonstrations. U.S. citizens should stay current with media coverage of local events and be aware of their surroundings at all times. This Travel Alert expires August 1, 2011.

travel.state.gov

Crowds outside of the White House in Washington D.C. singing the Star Spangled Banner and cheering after the death of Osama Bin Laden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmt8xYTBAs8

Crowds outside of the White House in Washington D.C. singing the God Bless America and cheering after the death of Osama Bin Laden.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bxC25YBxHg

Edited by Silver Rider

On CNN, Wolf Blitzer quoted a woman whose husband died on 9/11. She said "Its not right to celebrate a man's death, but tonight, it feels right to do so"

You know, as a religious person, I can't feel like its right in many ways, BUT this man killed 3000 people and now he has been done away with...so for that I AM PLEASED!

Well, according to what the Pres just said, he hasn't been dead for years.

I'm concerned about the possibility of reprisals . . :unsure:

Seriously? Over 3000 innocent people died at the hands of this bastard. We (the USA) just served justice.

On CNN, Wolf Blitzer quoted a woman whose husband died on 9/11. She said "Its not right to celebrate a man's death, but tonight, it feels right to do so"

You know, as a religious person, I can't feel like its right in many ways, BUT this man killed 3000 people and now he has been done away with...so for that I AM PLEASED!

Anyone's death saddens me. I always pray for my enemies in the hope they will some day find redemption and healing. But this man arguably would have killed innocents again. And I pray for the healing of his victims and a better understanding between all people.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osama_bin_laden

Osama bin Mohammed bin Awad bin Laden (Arabic: أسامة بن محمد بن عوض بن لادن‎, ʾUsāmah bin Muḥammad bin ʿAwaḍ bin Lādin; March 10, 1957 – May 1, 2011) was a member of the wealthy Saudi bin Laden family and the founder of the jihadist terrorist organization al-Qaeda, responsible for the September 11 attacks on the United States and numerous other mass-casualty attacks against civilian and military targets. As a result of his dealings in and advocacy of violent extremist jihad, Osama bin Laden lost his Saudi citizenship and was disowned by his billionaire family.

Edited by Silver Rider

I don't care what ANYONE says but I am very satisfied that Osama bin Laden is dead. I would like to think that almost every American is over-joyed with the news of his death. I know there are some people on this site who disparage people like me because I am very vocal about being a Proud and Loyal American. (You know who you are).

With that being said, I am also Proud of the CIA and the Special Forces (Navy SEALS) who carried out this 'historic' operation. Very Proud that bin Laden was killed by Americans.

Just like September 11, 2001 is an important date in American history, so is this new date, May 1, 2011.

LONG LIVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

I don't care what ANYONE says but I am very satisfied that Osama bin Laden is dead. I would like to think that almost every American is over-joyed with the news of his death. I know there are some people on this site who disparage people like me because I am very vocal about being a Proud and Loyal American. (You know who you are).

With that being said, I am also Proud of the CIA and the Special Forces (Navy SEALS) who carried out this 'historic' operation. Very Proud that bin Laden was killed by Americans.

Just like September 11, 2001 is an important date in American history, so is this new date, May 1, 2011.

LONG LIVE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!

God bless you.

PS: This just in...AP report says binloaden was burried at sea.