Osama bin Laden DEAD

SuperDave

Funding from the IRA came from all over the globe. It's very feasible US citizens did send funding. You cannot blame a government or a country as a whole for a few. This is a completely irrelevant debate as you can literally point the finger at anyone and make a strong case. Now, saying the US (Government) knowingly funded IRA terrorists up until 9/11 and then stopped is an interesting observation made by a small minded group of people who cannot see past there own face. You cannot hold an entire nation responsible for a small few with political/emotional ties back in there homeland...You don't think American Muslims send monies back home? IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?

One could but the difference is whom shall control North America has been decided. This is not the case in Northern Ireland.

Steve I told you to brush up on your British History, I should have said Irish History as well, that there will be a Northern and Southern Ireland was decieded in 1921 when a pease settlement was signed by both sides.

Now when are the Redskins gonna get their land back? :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_War_of_Independence

Kind Regards, Danny

Funding from the IRA came from all over the globe. It's very feasible US citizens did send funding. You cannot blame a government or a country as a whole for a few. This is a completely irrelevant debate as you can literally point the finger at anyone and make a strong case. Now, saying the US (Government) knowingly funded IRA terrorists up until 9/11 and then stopped is an interesting observation made by a small minded group of people who cannot see past there own face. You cannot hold an entire nation responsible for a small few with political/emotional ties back in there homeland...You don't think American Muslims send monies back home? IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH?

Mr Zoso, I dont hold your country guilty alone, I thought I made that crystal clear a few posts ago, as I told Steve, you need to brush up on your History if you are going to debate me because I know what I am talking about, I have also spoken to people from both sides of the fence and I have a lot of sympathy for both sides.

But if you want to circle the wagons and deny your country contributed to the troubles that is your perogative and your IGNORANCE of a very complicated matter, which is in all probability beyond you to understand. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? GUILTY AS CHARGER

I dont think, I know Muslims send money back home,here they do the same and call it a Religious Tax but I know much of it goes to Terrorist Activities, same as Money Collected in the USA which is destined for the IRA, you may not like it but that is how it is, there is blood on many hands whether you like it, admit it or agree with it, its a bloddy mess and we are all to blame in some way or other.

12% of Americas population is from Irish stock, 36 million in total, the best thing they could do is keep their noses out of what is an Irish problem, let the Irish sort it out, and if the North wants to stay with England then thats their perogative isnt it? its what you guys fought a civil war over isnt it?

Regards, Danny

Not that this has anything to do with this thread that will not die.... but as I have a lot of NATIVE American Indian in me from my Dads side of the family , I must say what was done to them was disgusting!! I went to a Native Indian college just north of me two years ago to hear them talk about the Trail of Tears and what was done to the Cherokee Indians and I literally wept during the talk. I have always wondered what America would be like if they would have been left alone and only they were living in this part of the world. :peace:

I come from the Mississippi Choctaws...but loved this song as it stated the truth IMO

Edited by Deborah J

Mr Zoso, I dont hold your country guilty alone, I thought I made that crystal clear a few posts ago, as I told Steve, you need to brush up on your History if you are going to debate me because I know what I am talking about, I have also spoken to people from both sides of the fence and I have a lot of sympathy for both sides.

But if you want to circle the wagons and deny your country contributed to the troubles that is your perogative and your IGNORANCE of a very complicated matter, which is in all probability beyond you to understand. IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH? GUILTY AS CHARGER

I dont think, I know Muslims send money back home,here they do the same and call it a Religious Tax but I know much of it goes to Terrorist Activities, same as Money Collected in the USA which is destined for the IRA, you may not like it but that is how it is, there is blood on many hands whether you like it, admit it or agree with it, its a bloddy mess and we are all to blame in some way or other.

12% of Americas population is from Irish stock, 36 million in total, the best thing they could do is keep their noses out of what is an Irish problem, let the Irish sort it out, and if the North wants to stay with England then thats their perogative isnt it? its what you guys fought a civil war over isnt it?

Regards, Danny

Danny, again pointless. You have absolutely NO proof other than some lame wiki links. A wise man uses wiki for reference, a moron uses it for fact. History? That was not your statement Danny...You are constantly backtracking. You issues was Why did America fund IRA terrorists. For some reason, you want to ignore a factual statement. They did not. You have issues my friend far beyond my capabilities I must admit.

Former POTUS Bill Clinton in 2000 makes huge progress for peace in Northern Ireland. This is a fact Danny, and it's before 9/11.

Now when are the Redskins gonna get their land back? :lol:

THAT is a RACIST word and is not allowed per board rules. Again danny is using Racism. It offends me and my dear Native American friends.

YOU are not funny. I know you think you are though. <_<

THAT is a RACIST word and is not allowed per board rules. Again danny is using Racism. It offends me and my dear Native American friends.

Well hell, if he's going to use the term "redskin" to refer to Native Americans, he should just go all out and call black people "colored", Asians "Orientals", and Jews "Hebes". I mean, if you're going to do it, go for the gold.

if the North wants to stay with England then thats their perogative isnt it? its what you guys fought a civil war over isnt it?

When was the last time you cracked open a history book?

Edited by Electrophile

WHAT? Washington Redskins are using a Racist Name, if anyone is TROLLING its you Hotplant, i've been watching you forsome time now and all your contributing to any topic is shit stirring, what do you think Admin will say to than then?

http://www.redskins.com/

Regards, Danny

PS, You need to look in the mirror before you start to point the finger, you and a few others, all my posts are informative or funny if I insult someone it personal to them NEVER to a RACE, so I'll have an appology or I'll report you for SLANDER. ;)

You know, just because a football team uses the word doesn't mean it's okay. Native American groups have been petitioning them to change their name for years. They only recently got the Braves and the Indians (MLB) to get rid of their cartoonish caricatures of Indians as mascots.....and both of those teams have been around a lot longer than the Redskins have been in the NFL.

It's anachronistic, and while maybe many people at large might not find the word "redskin" racist, Native Americans do.

Danny, again pointless. You have absolutely NO proof other than some lame wiki links. A wise man uses wiki for reference, a moron uses it for fact. History? That was not your statement Danny...You are constantly backtracking. You issues was Why did America fund IRA terrorists. For some reason, you want to ignore a factual statement. They did not. You have issues my friend far beyond my capabilities I must admit.

Former POTUS Bill Clinton in 2000 makes huge progress for peace in Northern Ireland. This is a fact Danny, and it's before 9/11.

Its over between us, I'm sick of your Ignorance and I do not wish to debate with you any more, YOU GOT IT?

Regards, Danny

WHAT? Washington Redskins are using a Racist Name, if anyone is TROLLING its you Hotplant, i've been watching you forsome time now and all your contributing to any topic is shit stirring, what do you think Admin will say to than then?

http://www.redskins.com/

Regards, Danny

PS, You need to look in the mirror before you start to point the finger, you and a few others, all my posts are informative or funny if I insult someone it personal to them NEVER to a RACE, so I'll have an appology or I'll report you for SLANDER. ;)

Me "trolling" hahaha

FUCK off. no apology

Its over between us, I'm sick of your Ignorance and I do not wish to debate with you any more, YOU GOT IT?

Regards, Danny

It's over??? I love you too Wiki-boy. And he didn't even buy me dinner! :o Brilliant observation on the civil war BTW...You must have talked with both sides of the fence on that one also... :rolleyes:

Me "trolling" hahaha

FUCK off. no apology

Just on the news, IRA bomb threat in London, thanks for your support guys. ;)

Regards, Danny

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-13412871

Hotplant, is that kinda talk allowed? you had better check the rules before you insult me like that again, I wouldnt want your banning on my concience. :o:lol:

Not Very Kind Regards, Danny

The Injuns have brown skin actually, but that moniker/description is already taken by the Cleveland NFL franchise.It's actually the IRISH who have redskins. Not even sunblock helps that.Mad dogs and Irishmen ! :lol:

The Cleveland Browns do not reference Native Americans.

The Cleveland Browns were founded in 1946 as a charter member of the All-America Football Conference, under businessman Arthur B "Mickey" McBride.[4] Not long after gaining the franchise, McBride named Ohio State Buckeyes coach Paul Brown as vice president, general manager and head coach. The franchise conducted a team naming contest in 1945. The most popular submission was "Browns" in recognition of Paul Brown, already an established and popular figure in Ohio sports. Brown at first objected to the name and the team selected from the contest entries the name "Panthers". However, after an area businessman informed the team that he owned the rights to the name Cleveland Panthers from an earlier failed football team, the name was finally changed to Browns. How they decided on the name Browns in the end remains an occasional subject of debate. The Cleveland Plain Dealer and The Official NFL Encyclopedia of Pro Football both credit Paul Brown himself. On the other hand, the franchise's media relations office credits the nickname as a shortened version of Brown Bombers (the plural of boxer Joe Louis' nickname), the result of a naming contest in 1946.
[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns#cite_note-4]