Bonham releasing 'Zepesque' track

gazz

It's really good :)

And I don't think it's "naughty", as it is something that he brought to the sessions himself.

The song is really good or the fact he done it is really good?

Is Save Me the track that was shown on the two BCC video previews from their site over the last few weeks?

The one they were recording shown on their site has a very eastern sound to it (reminded me of Kashmir; especially the key section and the straight ahead drums).

R B)

Is Save Me the track that was shown on the two BCC video previews from their site over the last few weeks?

The one they were recording shown on their site has a very eastern sound to it (reminded me of Kashmir; especially the key section and the straight ahead drums).

R B)

I haven't looked at their site but the track does have kind of an eastern feel and also owes a nod to another ex-colleague of a Zepp member :)

R B)

That's gotta be the one. It's one excellent piece of music from the sound of it and is definitely a member of that family of riffs and ideas that has grown out of Page's "Swan Song" motif. You can hear snatches of that on the 7-minute piece Page wrote for the 2008 Olympic ceremony.

me too

"I was very much under the illusion that we were going to write an album and we were going to put together a new project," Bonham says. "It was winter, like early December of 2008 when it kind of came to a halt, which was a hard thing for me to get over for a while. I had just played the concert of my life."

What ILLUSION is he talking about?? Jimmy and JPJ were serious about it... It fell apart... Shit happens. They owe you nothing Jason..

I hope Jimmy and John are ok with BCC doing this "Zepesque" track they helped create.

And now he's walking around wearing a derby ala Bonzo 1975.....

Sorry ... Maybe I'll regret posting this tomorrow.. But I'm a little tired of Jason and his sense of entitlement at the moment.

Don't think Jason really feels that way or has a big head about that or feels they owe him anything. I'm sure he's disappointed the project fell apart, but I'm sure he doesn't hold a grudge or have any angst against the others.

• 2 weeks later...

I hope my question doesn't open up a can of worms or start a frenzy but has anyone else read about or heard the rumor that it is Jimmy who asked for and is reviewing the tapes from the 2008 sessions and it is he who is making overtures to JPJ and Jason about working on this music and playing together again? I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere else so I am doubtful about the credibility of the source.

I hope my question doesn't open up a can of worms or start a frenzy but has anyone else read about or heard the rumor that it is Jimmy who asked for and is reviewing the tapes from the 2008 sessions and it is he who is making overtures to JPJ and Jason about working on this music and playing together again? I haven't been able to confirm this anywhere else so I am doubtful about the credibility of the source.

Whereabouts did you read this?

Whereabouts did you read this?

Tom, I've just sent it to you so you can read it yourself. From the responses we've received back to our questions about this my friends and I are doubtful about the validity of the rumor and the person who originally wrote about it.

Archived