Bonham releasing 'Zepesque' track

gazz

I picked up a copy of BCC2 today and in the liner notes for each song by Glenn he mentions that Jason originally had the idea for 'Save Me' "kickin' around while he was working Jimmy, John Paul, and Robert". Interesting, to see that Robert is noted, and mentioned that the three were working. The words can be taken in all sorts of directions.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

I picked up a copy of BCC2 today and in the liner notes for each song by Glenn he mentions that Jason originally had the idea for 'Save Me' "kickin' around while he was working Jimmy, John Paul, and Robert". Interesting, to see that Robert is noted, and mentioned that the three were working. The words can be taken in all sorts of directions.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

That is interesting that he was mentioned.

Robert

www.behindthetoys.com

This makes sense. I was wondering how Jimmy and John could have allowed an unfinished song to be released, even by dear old Jason.

Jason Bonham on Rockline talking about "Save Me": "All it was was two riffs, it was the main(which you can hear 50 seconds into my previous post on this page, Anaheim), and then this other coming in, fanfare kind of vibe(which you can hear at 2:29 seconds into the above posted Anaheim) You can also hear this 5 minutes into clip four at this link:

http://www.rocklineradio.com/replay/replay.php

Other points of interest:

A caller asks Jason about the possibility of an 02 Reunion release, happens at 11:45 seconds into clip 3.

Jason talks a little about the history of "Save Me" and how BBC brought it together at 1:42 seconds into clip 2.

The main riff sounds a little like "Immigrant Song" IMHO, and the second riff grabs me like something Page&Plant might have done, or maybe something earlier than that even. Any thoughts?

Let me edit in and ask, Correct me if I'm wrong but weren't those riffs Jason's that he presented to Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones, so how much part did Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones play in the creation of these riffs? I wonder if it went through many changes...

Ok so if it's Jason's riff, then how can it possibly be "Zepesque"?

There are so many wannabe's who have tried to copy Led Zeppelin over the years, that the terms "Zepesque" or "Zeppelin like" are moot points.

Like I said before the only way a song could be considered "Zepesque" is of course, if it was conceived and played by either Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones.

No disrespect to Jason but as far as I know he isn't or has at any time become a full fledged member of Led Zeppelin, or did I miss that "official" announcement by the band?

I hope he finds continued success with BCC and if it ever happens may he be the one to drive the Ludwigs with you know who once again.

Ok so if it's Jason's riff, then how can it possibly be "Zepesque"?

There are so many wannabe's who have tried to copy Led Zeppelin over the years, that the terms "Zepesque" or "Zeppelin like" are moot points.

Like I said before the only way a song could be considered "Zepesque" is of course, if it was conceived and played by either Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones.

No disrespect to Jason but as far as I know he isn't or has at any time become a full fledged member of Led Zeppelin, or did I miss that "official" announcement by the band?

I hope he finds continued success with BCC and if it ever happens may he be the one to drive the Ludwigs with you know who once again.

I think something can sound "Zeppelin-esque" without the participation of any of the actual members of the band. Same way the terms "Dylan-esque" or "Beatles-esque" have been applied to countless artists over the years.

I heard a few Zepesque riffs on BCC2.

One song had a power chord "Wanton Song" thing going on, too.

Another song had a few chords played differently of course, but reminded me of "Misty Mountain Hop".

Great album. Get it!! It's out tomorrow in the US.

R B)

I think something can sound "Zeppelin-esque" without the participation of any of the actual members of the band. Same way the terms "Dylan-esque" or "Beatles-esque" have been applied to countless artists over the years.

That's what I said in the first part of my post.

That's what I said in the first part of my post.

I saw that but I feel like an artist can evoke the work of another artist (either consciously or subconsciously) without being a "wannabe". What caught my eye was when you said:

"Like I said before the only way a song could be considered "Zepesque" is of course, if it was conceived and played by either Jimmy Page or John Paul Jones."

Archived