Bad or unfortunate cover songs

Virginia

Now, if only they'd stayed ON the powders, they'd have been just fine B)

Can't say that's true. I've heard some live recordings of theirs from the 70s when they sounded like absolute shit. I saw them on the Get A Grip tour in the early 90s and they were definitely on top of their game. I'm still not a fan of their latter day material but I have to give it to them as a live band.

I caught this on FB the other day and I thought it was awful (felt compelled to watch until the end to see Ce-Lo), but it's been off and on stuck in my head ever since. (Not that the original is a great song either, but I can't see anyone but Prince pulling that one off).

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I caught this on FB the other day and I thought it was awful (felt compelled to watch until the end to see Ce-Lo), but it's been off and on stuck in my head ever since. (Not that the original is a great song either, but I can't see anyone but Prince pulling that one off).

Man, the studio version of that song is 1000x better. They do the intro/verse guitars with volume swells instead of picking like in this vid. Seems subtle, but it adds alot. Think they slow it down a bit too much here too.

Man, the studio version of that song is 1000x better. They do the intro/verse guitars with volume swells instead of picking like in this vid. Seems subtle, but it adds alot. Think they slow it down a bit too much here too.

I sure hope you're right :unsure: I thought that one was unlistenable. It started out bad and got way worse with Ce-Lo; I had to stop it. :blink:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived