Zep in Bombay 72'

LedZep342

I'm sorry but I can't help sad.gif

But I would really like to see other photos of Zep in Bombay! ohmy.gif I have some music files of Zep performing in Bombay, and they're fantastic!!!

Good luck!! wink.gif

Jimmy took his beard off during the Down Under tour (February 1972). The Page/Jones camel ride pic, usually associated with the Bombay Sessions from March 1972 show James Patrick...with Beard :unsure:

My guess ? Frankly I think this particular photograph is from 1971 or taken before the down under tour 1972

Jimmy took his beard off during the Down Under tour (February 1972). The Page/Jones camel ride pic, usually associated with the Bombay Sessions from March 1972 show James Patrick...with Beard :unsure:

My guess ? Frankly I think this particular photograph is from 1971 or taken before the down under tour 1972

Well, he could have grown his beard back after the Down Under tour, I have some footage of them, I believe from Bombay.

I think that is an Australia pic... Just something about those clothes that makes me feel that way.

Yea, it does, they are wearing sorta the same clothing, but this was in March, the month right before February (the Down Under tour), so accually I'm almost positive it's from Bombay.

Yea, it does, they are wearing sorta the same clothing, but this was in March, the month right before February (the Down Under tour), so accually I'm almost positive it's from Bombay.

Seriously? March before February? hehehe.

But anyways. Are you sure that's bombay?

I believe only Page and Plant went. Might be a Down Under Tour shot, or late 1971.

According to the Zeppelin database:

MARCH 00 - EMI STUDIOS, BOMBAY, INDIA (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page with Bombay Symphony Orchestra conducted by Vijay Ragav Rao)

Your shot can't be Bombay, unless Page is clean of facial hair and no Jonsey.

Seriously? March before February? hehehe.

But anyways. Are you sure that's bombay?

I believe only Page and Plant went. Might be a Down Under Tour shot, or late 1971.

According to the Zeppelin database:

MARCH 00 - EMI STUDIOS, BOMBAY, INDIA (Robert Plant/Jimmy Page with Bombay Symphony Orchestra conducted by Vijay Ragav Rao)

Your shot can't be Bombay, unless Page is clean of facial hair and no Jonsey.

Well, I didn't mean it as if you were stupid! Haha :lol:

And yea, your probably right, cause Page and Plant are the only ones in the footage, so it may be from late 71 or a Down Under tour shot.

But I think that pic is also on a bootleg album cover and I don't think they would just put a random photo on it, so it may be from Bombay.

But does anyone know the exact date of the pic?

...I can give you this date...

Feb. 13, or 14th, 1972

Richard Cole - Stairway to Heaven Page 174 Bombay Visit 1972

....In early February I joined Led Zeppelin for the flight to Australia........The Plane made a stop over in Bombay where we had arranged in advance for a break in our trip - the chance to unwind for a few days before resuming the journey to Australia....

......Two days later we finally boarded an Air India jet taking us to Perth........

Source/Link - Jimmy Page Official Auto-Bio:

Santa Cruz Airport Bombay - Permitted to Land/Depart - Jimmy Page Original Passport Stamps:

IMG_9190.jpg

Air India Vintage Air Crew

airIndia1.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Again, that's not from Bombay, Page has a beard in that photo.

Yes it is, Page did have a beard, remember this was in March, right before the Australian tour, page shaved later in February, and the 8mm film shows that he has the beard, also I could tell that the people are from India right away.

Again, March before February? Did you skip kindergarten or something?

February 27th, 1972

led-zepplin.jpg

No, I was confusing myself, I meant Robert and Jimmy went to Bombay before the Australian tour, but I was incorrect... nvm, I just know these two pics are from Bombay, Page obviously grew his beard back in March/April, then in May he shaved again, before the 5/27 show, this is obvious, we have footage and these pics... If you find anymore pics from March/April 72' of Page he's going to have a beard.;)

No, I was confusing myself, I meant Robert and Jimmy went to Bombay before the Australian tour, but I was incorrect... nvm, I just know these two pics are from Bombay, Page obviously grew his beard back in March/April, then in May he shaved again, before the 5/27 show, this is obvious, we have footage and these pics... If you find anymore pics from March/April 72' of Page he's going to have a beard.;)

also you can see that Jimmy is holding a camera in the second photo, the 8mm footage clearly shows that they are having a photo shoot.

• 4 months later...

Archived