Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
LedZep342

Zep in Bombay 72'

Yes, 342 is refering to pictures of the jam with Page and Plant with the orchestra in 1972. Bootleg video (them sightseeing) and audio exists.

Yes, 342 is refering to pictures of the jam with Page and Plant with the orchestra in 1972. Bootleg video (them sightseeing) and audio exists.

Still?

Edited by LedZep342

Dude, what don't you understand about the fact that I didn't mention the photos of Page and Plant at the gig.

..... Yes, 342 is refering to pictures of the jam with Page and Plant with the
orchestra
in 1972. Bootleg video (them sightseeing) and audio exists.

They did NOT jam with an orchestra the other time they came.

..... Yes, 342 is refering to pictures of the jam with Page and Plant with the
orchestra
in 1972. Bootleg video (them sightseeing) and audio exists.

They did NOT jam with an orchestra the other time they came.

I know that they didn't jam with the orchestra.

i think date incorrect

it's their 3rd visit to Bombay in march '72, just after Australia

...so far Richard Cole's recollection is in agreement with Jimmy Page/Travel Documentation in his Official Bio...

...These photos are from October 1972 - I have posted an article from Bombay with these photos in Led Zeppelin in Bombay Thread; The article indicates "second visit", meaning '71 the first to Slip Disc "Club"?...The article was found in November 29, 1972 JS Issue...

...The Junior Statesman was personally searched by the Assistant Secretary who suplied these photos for March and thereafter....these are the ONLY photos - meaning the magazine JS and there are no photos at all in the daily publcation Official Newspaper The Statesman....

..there are other publications with lost Led Zeppelin Photos from that night of performance (Madhu Dhas informed me this via his Official Site). He was photographed with Robert Plant (and Plant possibly on a cover also)...that he has lost it, so far nothing...according to him "hundreds of photos were taken that night, and photogrpher and Led Zeppelin both returned 2nd night (no performance again)...the photographer was bit annoying and Robert Plant said to have thrown a drink as a bit of irritation...the photographer left.....so mostly the photos are from the first night...

...further, the performance was recorded beyond reasonable doubt, as Madhu has heard it many times soon after days of recording (they all listened to it in their circle)...He recollects some commentary from Robert Plant as Robert said "I...being mistaken for Kashmiri"...something to this effect... the musicians present that night took the recording to their residency and soon after "weeks, or a month" perhaps, the recording was lost..." there were no cameras at all for videotaping in the club that night...

...I will see if I can locate any further publications...although it is rather difficult to trace the lost publications...

...not edited for typing..