Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BlackDog71

Bonham's Finest Performance

Bonham's Finest Performance  

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is John Bonham's finest drumming performance?

• How Many More Times
    • Moby Dick
    • Since I've Been Loving You
    • Four Sticks
    • When The Levee Breaks
    • The Song Remains the Same
    • D'yer Mak'er
    • In My Time of Dying
    • Kashmir
    • Achilles Last Stand
    • Fool in the Rain
    • Other

All of them are great, but without a doubt In My Time of Dying is by far Bonzo's best drumming track he ever recorded in a studio. That track is ALL Bonham, all 11 minutes of it. The stamina it takes to play that song the way he did with not only the speed, finesse, and power is amazing. And remember that song was one take. So he did that straight through for eleven minutes. I swear every time I hear, it doesn't even feel like 11 minutes lol. But yeah, the groove of the track to the climax of the last chaotic seconds where Robert's screamin "Take it, Take it, Take it" and Bonzo going crazy, makes that song both his best work and IMO Zeppelin's best track ever.

Edited by taker328

I vote for When the Levee Breaks. He has a funky double beat on the bass drum that really gets the song going.

I think it's safe to say that every performance Bonham ever gave was so powerful, and reached a new level of drumming, which no drummer has ever or will ever be able to imitate.

From the list, I'd go with The Song Remains The Same. I especially love his drum fill that propels the song onward at 4:05.

But all the selections are great and contain many of Bonzo's finest moments.

Good Times, Bad Times might be my all time favorite of his. Just amazing drum work.

Good Times Bad Times has got to be the most influencial drum track of all time. I mean, just listen to the druming!!

The first album and Presence are to me the best in terms of rythm section. If I had to choose I would have to pick every single song

from those albums.