Pink Floyd to release unheard tracks

The tracks on The Final Cut were not "dance-oriented", but Another Brick in the Wall was labelled as "dance" or vey commercial in any case....."Money" was commercial too, but how can you even compare Another Brick in the Wall with Money.....it's like trying to compare chocolate and sh*t, where the sh*t is ABITW of course:):):)!!!! The Division Bell was another story.....much less WIMPY than The Wall:):)

This is why I consider Led Zeppelin to be the Greatest Band of All-Time and a true Class Act. Led Zeppelin (as far as I know), was a band that was never in financial straits at any time during Their 12 year reign. Jimmy Page and Peter Grant made sure that that never happened. Both men were clever and shrewd businessmen.

Jimmy Page was never as demanding or as self-centered as Roger Waters (and Roger is not even half as talented as Jimmy). Jimmy would never "threaten to pull the master tapes of everything they'd been working on". Led Zeppelin was a band of equals. Jimmy would never resort to "essentially blackmail" on Robert, Jonesy or Bonzo. Ever.

By the way, if Pink Floyd was in financial straits during this time in their history, that can only because they were grossly mismanaged and/or not too wise with the way they handled their money. "Dark Side of the Moon" was an album that was released in 1973 and stayed on the Billboard chart for years and sold millions of copies. How Pink Floyd could be in "financial straits" is beyond me.

Zep is GREAT and remained GREAT to date simply because they didn't "sell out" on their fans and didn't need to jump onto any trendy bandwagon to sell more....ZEP'S TALENT SOLD MORE, NOT THE "TREND":):)!!!!

Zep is GREAT and remained GREAT to date simply because they didn't "sell out" on their fans and didn't need to jump onto any trendy bandwagon to sell more....ZEP'S TALENT SOLD MORE, NOT THE "TREND":):)!!!!

Some people felt they did sell out when "Rock and Roll" was used in a Cadillac commercial.

Some people felt they did sell out when "Rock and Roll" was used in a Cadillac commercial.

"sELLING OUT" on the fans means when the artist in question VOLUNTARILY changes music, often radically, just to sell more, forgetting were they came from and thus their TRUE fans :):):). I couldn't care less if a song by Zep was used in an ad.....it's all legal and if the band makes money out of it, that's OK by me:):)!! What I can't accept is the bandwagoning of many overrated bands out there (e.g. Pink Floyd with The Wall:):))

"sELLING OUT" on the fans means when the artist in question VOLUNTARILY changes music, often radically, just to sell more, forgetting were they came from and thus their TRUE fans :):):). I couldn't care less if a song by Zep was used in an ad.....it's all legal and if the band makes money out of it, that's OK by me:):)!! What I can't accept is the bandwagoning of many overrated bands out there (e.g. Pink Floyd with The Wall:):))

That's your OPINION and I wish you would stop stating everything as fact. Artists changing the sound of their music is done for a variety of reasons - unless they have specifically stated they did it to sell more records, how do you know it isn't just to explore different styles? Maybe they don't want to just stay stuck in the same sound all the time - Zep grew musically. LZ III was a departure from what was "expected". It's fine if you don't like a direction but state it as YOUR opinion, not fact please. It's exhausting....

Well I don't believe any major musician has been as self-absorbed and myopic as Roger Waters has been, so that's not saying a whole lot there. The other three splitting away from him and using "Pink Floyd" for those two latter records and subsequent tours are proof of that I think. Specifics aside the very fact that that was done kinda shows the issues that Waters caused.

I never cared that much for The Wall either but considering what it sold worldwide I'm in the minority. Opinions vary.

I can't speak for US fans, but part of the reason The Wall sold well over here was almost certainly down to the success of the pre-released Brick Part 2 single, which sold a shitload cos it was their first single over here since 1968, and probably lured a bunch of stigs into buying the album cos after hearing Brick, they expected an upbeat dance album...:lol:

Bollox. Pink Floyd fans did not buy the Brick single, kids did. The fans bought The Wall double LP (day of release for me)

That's your OPINION and I wish you would stop stating everything as fact. Artists changing the sound of their music is done for a variety of reasons - unless they have specifically stated they did it to sell more records, how do you know it isn't just to explore different styles? Maybe they don't want to just stay stuck in the same sound all the time - Zep grew musically. LZ III was a departure from what was "expected". It's fine if you don't like a direction but state it as YOUR opinion, not fact please. It's exhausting....

Nope, it's debating:):):)!! If it's exhausting to debate, what are forums run for??!:):):). ZEP NEVER changed their style from rock to queer dance music...NEVER....they touched up their sound true, but never radically changed anything and this formula is/was succesful THRU the YEARS :):):).

Labelling my posts as only "my opinion" is UTTERLY BORING :):)!!!

Bollox. Pink Floyd fans did not buy the Brick single, kids did. The fans bought The Wall double LP (day of release for me)

SurE, those kids and fans who started to listen to PF when all the psychedelia was gone and don't even know who Syd Barret was....BOLLOX MY ASS :):):):)!!!!!:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Bollox

Nope, it's debating:):):)!! If it's exhausting to debate, what are forums run for??!:):):). ZEP NEVER changed their style from rock to queer dance music...NEVER....they touched up their sound true, but never radically changed anything and this formula is/was succesful THRU the YEARS :):):).

Labelling my posts as only "my opinion" is UTTERLY BORING :):)!!!

More Bollox

SurE, those kids and fans who started to listen to PF when all the psychedelia was gone and don't even know who Syd Barret was....BOLLOX MY ASS :):):):)!!!!!:hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

An arrogant ASSumption.....Yet more Bollox.

Look, can you be argumentative somewhere else? This thread is for talking about Pink Floyd and these new releases coming up. If you don't want to talk about that anymore, go start a thread in Ramble On for whatever it is you're spewing now.

Why must a thread about unheard Pink Floyd tracks turn into a "Pink Floyd Vs Led Zeppelin" argument?

The same thing happened in the Black Sabbath thread a few months ago, it's pathetic. :rolleyes:

Ever wondered why 'Comfortably Numb' is so popular? Cos it's the only decent song they've done since 1977.

I couldn't disagree more.

High Hopes from 1994 is one of my favourite Floyd songs.

Look, can you be argumentative somewhere else? This thread is for talking about Pink Floyd and these new releases coming up. If you don't want to talk about that anymore, go start a thread in Ramble On for whatever it is you're spewing now.

Yes, You're so right.....But I just hate bollox.

.......and CN is the only track I can bear to listen on The Wall:):)......NO I mean, how can anyone who knows Floyd well ever listen to The Wall after having listened to masterpieces like See Emily play, Careful with that axe Eugene, Arnold Layne, etc. I think poor Syd would be turning in his grave:(:(

I think about 75% of The Wall is excellent and I'm a big fan of early Pink Floyd.

I couldn't disagree more.

High Hopes from 1994 is one of my favourite Floyd songs.

The Division Bell is the best album they did after Animals. With David, Nick, and Rick all participating in the making of the songs (unlike the previous albums) it sounded much more like "Pink Floyd" than prior offerings. What I enjoyed most about those last two albums though, was how they never had any designs to re-create the success they had with Roger without him. They just wanted to prove they could make and tour a successful record, and not need Roger skulking around, as talented as his skulking was.

They did that, and as a fan, I am more than satisfied.

The Division Bell is the best album they did after Animals. With David, Nick, and Rick all participating in the making of the songs (unlike the previous albums) it sounded much more like "Pink Floyd" than prior offerings. What I enjoyed most about those last two albums though, was how they never had any designs to re-create the success they had with Roger without him. They just wanted to prove they could make and tour a successful record, and not need Roger skulking around, as talented as his skulking was.

They did that, and as a fan, I am more than satisfied.

Yeah personally I always enjoyed Gilmour's music more than Waters concepts and lyrics in isolation although I think Dave's solo album from 78 is the best post Animals Floyd related release. I don't think theres anything on the Division Bell as good as Comfortable Numb or Run Like Hell(although both were much improved live in the post Waters Floyd IMHO) but its alot more consistant were as the Wall has always felt like it was at least 2-3 quality tracks light to me.

The disapointing thing for me about The Wall isnt that its a bad album, its best moments are better than anything on ITTOD or indeed pretty much anything the other late 60's/early 70's rock gods were putting out by that stage for me. Its more that I feel the band could have done better, unlike say the Stones the creative juices did still seem to be flowing and could have delivered another album or two up to there previous standard with more favourable circumstance and Waters being more reasonable.

The disapointing thing for me about The Wall isnt that its a bad album, its best moments are better than anything on ITTOD or indeed pretty much anything the other late 60's/early 70's rock gods were putting out by that stage for me. Its more that I feel the band could have done better

MUCH........MUCH......BETTER :):):)!!!

Archived