Favorite color?

gvhbngh

I like a man confident enough to wear hot pink. Good for you.

My favorite color is blue, specifically azure and Alice blue, which is a shade that was favored by Alice Roosevelt Longworth, Teddy Roosevelt's daughter. As a FYI, the color is specified by the Navy for use in insignia and trim on vessels named for Theodore Roosevelt.

^^^

Well, whaddyaknow...pink is my favourite colour, too. And in that exact shade, too...goes well with my blue eyes. ;)

Been known to wear hot pink on occasion as well.

I have this pretty cool badge which says "Only Real Men Wear Pink". I happen to agree ;) Anyone who likes Pink is most certainly a friend of mine! ;) Good on you! :gimmefive:

I like a man confident enough to wear hot pink. Good for you.

How do you feel about a man confident enough to like musicals? And is a major fan of Judy Garland? :thumbsup:

To be honest, I've never understood the supposed aversion to pink men are expected to have, or any of the silly gender stereotypes. I presume the whole "men shouldn't wear pink" thing stems from the custom of newborn babies being assigned their own colour: blue for boys and pink for girls.

Well, if that's so, why don't people freak out if a girl wears blue the way they do if a man wears pink? Like I said, it's all too silly.

Kiwi, that's a good motto you have. :thumbsup:

But my favourite comes from the movie "Funny Face", starring Audrey Hepburn :wub: and Fred Astaire. There's a great scene with Kay Thompson(the author of the Eloise books) sings the song, "THINK PINK!"

FYI, my top 5 colours are:

1. Pink...with my blue eyes and tan skin, when I wear my pink shirt with faded blue jeans, the effect is devestating.;)

2. Blue...all shades but especially cobalt and sky blue.

3. Black...goes with everything and has a slimming effect.

4. Green...makes a good combination with pink.

5. Purple...Go Lakers!

I have this pretty cool badge which says "Only Real Men Wear Pink". I happen to agree ;) Anyone who likes Pink is most certainly a friend of mine! ;) Good on you! :gimmefive:

Hi Kiwi :wave:

'Only Real Men Wear Pink' is the Slogan for 'Joop' Aftershave here in the U.K.

Pink used to be for Boys as it has Red undertones which is a strong colour so there for more Masculine.

Blue was for Girls as it is a more Delicate,Dainty Colour.

IMO if a Man looks good in any Pastel Shade they should go for it.

PS I must say Strider is sounding Quite 'HOT'! :blush:

PS I must say Strider is sounding Quite 'HOT'! :blush:

Now you got me blushing. :blush:

I thank you kindly for the kind words, Foolintherain, but to be honest, I'm pushing 50 and my hair is turning grey.

Hi Fool! Hi Strider! :wave:

Here is a photo of that badge I was referring to B) I purchased this about 7 months ago for $ 3.

Photo0462.jpg?t=1305373042

And what's even better about this badge is the fact that this badge happens to be official "Pink merchandise" of The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation. That's why I haven't removed the packaging :lol:

Photo0465.jpg?t=1305373786

It was the best $ 3, I ever spent! B) Anything for a good cause! ;)

Sadly, cancer has been pretty rampant in my family. My grandfather (from my mom's side) died of prostate cancer in 2004 and my great aunt died of stomach cancer in 2002. Also, about 1 and a half years ago, we were falsely led to believe that my mom had breast cancer. Luckily, we got a second opinion and things turned out alright, but, nevertheless, it was such a traumatic time for my mom and I was just so scared out of my mind thanks to the rather erroneous diagnosis made by a complete a*hole dry.gif. That's why the colour Pink means something to me. It is to me, more than just a colour. To me, it signifies hope :)

My favorite color is BLUE. However, I do prefer PINK because when I see this color it always reminds me of a certain Female... I cannot name anything else on the Planet Earth that is better than that color of Pink!!!

Here is a photo of that badge I was referring to B) I purchased this about 7 months ago for $ 3.

And what's even better about this badge is the fact that this badge happens to be official "Pink merchandise" of The New Zealand Breast Cancer Foundation. That's why I haven't removed the packaging :lol:

Sadly, cancer has been pretty rampant in my family. My grandfather (from my mom's side) died of prostate cancer in 2004 and my great aunt died of stomach cancer in 2002. Also, about 1 and a half years ago, we were falsely led to believe that my mom had breast cancer. Luckily, we got a second opinion and things turned out alright, but, nevertheless, it was such a traumatic time for my mom and I was just so scared out of my mind thanks to the rather erroneous diagnosis made by a complete a*hole dry.gif. That's why the colour Pink means something to me. It is to me, more than just a colour. To me, it signifies hope :)

Hi Kiwi_Zep_Fan87!

I am so sorry for your losses. Cancer is an insidious disease. I work in an Oncology practice and an infusion center, and I can't tell you how awe struck I become by the families of these patients. My hats off to you!

And, I am glad to hear your Mom is ok.

We get a mix of patients who either love pink or go out of their way to avoid it. I get it. Which ever it is, it's impossible not to think about cancer when you see pink these days. Not a bad thing, IMHO. These people need all the help they can get.

Peace.

Hi Kiwi_Zep_Fan87!

I am so sorry for your losses. Cancer is an insidious disease. I work in an Oncology practice and an infusion center, and I can't tell you how awe struck I become by the families of these patients. My hats off to you!

And, I am glad to hear your Mom is ok.

We get a mix of patients who either love pink or go out of their way to avoid it. I get it. Which ever it is, it's impossible not to think about cancer when you see pink these days. Not a bad thing, IMHO. These people need all the help they can get.

Peace.

Hi Planted! :wave:

Many thanks for the kind words! It really means a lot! :friends: I personally consider my mom to be a very lucky lady honestly :) As for my great aunt and grandfather, well, it is hard not to think about what they went through in the last stages of their lives, but on a positive note, they did live life to the fullest :) My great aunt was 82 and my grandfather was about 79. I've heard of so many cases where young mothers (some even in their late 20's :( ) lose their battle to breast cancer, leaving behind young children! It's such a sad state of affairs! For those families who unfortunately have loved ones suffering from this wretched disease, it takes so much of guts and determination to pull together and try to overcome something like this. I felt mentally exhausted just watching my mom being subject to all those mamograms and tests. It really pains me to think what those families who aren't as lucky as mine, have to witness day in and day out! I don't blame certain patients for associating pink with the disease itself. It is rather natural, given all the suffering they have to undergo. But, on the flip side, I do think Pink itself is a rather happy colour and it has this certain charm to it which is rather infectious, even in the grimmest of circumstances! B)

Hi Kiwi,

Sadly Cancer affects most families I lost my mum to lung Cancer in 2005, Danny's Mum was Diagnoised with Breast Cancer in the same year,

her treatment was successful, but left here with needing to have Dyalasis Treatment as the chemo left her with Kidney damage, she past away in 2009.

I think the Pink ribbon is a worldwide Cancer symbol, the reference to 'Real men wear pink' maybe because men think Breast cancer only affects women, sadly this is far from the truth.

As you say more than just a colour.

On a happier note I must admit to liking most pastel colours,

Black is a big yes for clothes...Hides a multitude of sins LOL

Green is my all time fav in all shades.

May have to start a Topic on Colours that we dislike.... :wave:

^^ Hi Fool! :wave:

I'm so sorry for your losses! :( Cancer affects so many lives and families irrespective of age and gender, that's for sure! And that really sucks! :(

On a happier note, I must admit, Black is one of my favourite colours too! I also like a bit of Purple B) My mom sometimes describes my wardrobe as "exceptionally gothic", because I have so many black, purple and brown t-shirts and not many brightly coloured stuff, honestly! :lol: Green is a cool colour too! It reminds me of natural landscapes like a meadow in the countryside! :D I don't particularly care for orange though! :wacko:

My condolences to Kiwi...and anyone who has had someone they know affected by breast cancer.

Breast cancer hasn't hit anyone in my family, but it has a couple friends of mine. It's no walk in the park, that's for sure...but then, no form of cancer is.

As for colours I hate...beige would be one. Pea soup green would be another...you know, the kind so many hospital rooms are painted.

My condolences to Kiwi...and anyone who has had someone they know affected by breast cancer.

Breast cancer hasn't hit anyone in my family, but it has a couple friends of mine. It's no walk in the park, that's for sure...but then, no form of cancer is.

As for colours I hate...beige would be one. Pea soup green would be another...you know, the kind so many hospital rooms are painted.

So many hospital rooms are painted those putred colors!! We have a room that's all memorabilia from 1969. There are posters from Woodstock on the hallway walls, etc. Our infusion center is maroon and off white, stained glass, and a beautiful patio filled with flowers and birdfeeders. Off topic, I know, but I had to chime in about beige and pea green. Why is that?

My fave is green...like Kelly, and lime green. NO SEAFOAM!!!

:)

Archived