I bought IV LP and.... surprise!

Laura_Page

Aw. I'm sad.

This evening I found a music street market, there were lots of cd's, LP's, singles, dvd's, etc with a great variety of music. Of course, I jump to the tables to find Led Zeppelin LP's (I only hace Presence and ITTOD from my father and I want the whole discography). First I had to take the hard decision to buy those which I could afford in that moment. Ok, I'm so excited because of the amount of LZ matterial, :lol: there were also bootlegs. One of the storekeepers tells me he met Jimmy Page in London some years ago. This is my face :faint1: I'm like a child in his birthday's party. But I think about it and decide that I have to take priorities. So I decide to buy LZ III and IV. Ok, I'm happy with my two loved LP's and my three-dvd pack of interviews and rare material ^_^

I go home, can't wait to play them in the record player... and that glorious moment in which sounds Stairway to heaven. Like a ritual, I'm looking at the hermit in the sleeve, and the lyrics. Oh, I feel in the seventies. There's something creepy in my cheap record player that makes all very realistic. The Jimmy's solo ends, and we are in the climax of the song... The tune will come to you at last....!! When all are on... when all are o.... when all are o... when all are o....

WHAT THE FUCK??

I see the needle. It's clean. God, all the feeling to the hell. Stop it. Look at the vinyl. There's not signs of scrapes. Play it again in the same part. I help the needle and move it a bit. The song continues... ok. I can pass it although it's not the same yet :( .... And... when the song it's about to finish... it remains 20 seconds... THE MUSIC STOPS!! THE NEEDLE STOPS!! There's not more vinyl recorded!!

Oh, why, why??

The LP seems original, with the serial number, the sticker, it's like the other original LP's I have.

Someone had the same problem?? Is it possible?

Jo :(

• 3 weeks later...

Aw. I'm sad.

This evening I found a music street market, there were lots of cd's, LP's, singles, dvd's, etc with a great variety of music. Of course, I jump to the tables to find Led Zeppelin LP's (I only hace Presence and ITTOD from my father and I want the whole discography). First I had to take the hard decision to buy those which I could afford in that moment. Ok, I'm so excited because of the amount of LZ matterial, :lol: there were also bootlegs. One of the storekeepers tells me he met Jimmy Page in London some years ago. This is my face :faint1: I'm like a child in his birthday's party. But I think about it and decide that I have to take priorities. So I decide to buy LZ III and IV. Ok, I'm happy with my two loved LP's and my three-dvd pack of interviews and rare material ^_^

I go home, can't wait to play them in the record player... and that glorious moment in which sounds Stairway to heaven. Like a ritual, I'm looking at the hermit in the sleeve, and the lyrics. Oh, I feel in the seventies. There's something creepy in my cheap record player that makes all very realistic. The Jimmy's solo ends, and we are in the climax of the song... The tune will come to you at last....!! When all are on... when all are o.... when all are o... when all are o....

WHAT THE FUCK??

I see the needle. It's clean. God, all the feeling to the hell. Stop it. Look at the vinyl. There's not signs of scrapes. Play it again in the same part. I help the needle and move it a bit. The song continues... ok. I can pass it although it's not the same yet :( .... And... when the song it's about to finish... it remains 20 seconds... THE MUSIC STOPS!! THE NEEDLE STOPS!! There's not more vinyl recorded!!

Oh, why, why??

The LP seems original, with the serial number, the sticker, it's like the other original LP's I have.

Someone had the same problem?? Is it possible?

Jo :(

When that happens, sometimes I take a slightly damp, soft, clean cloth and gently wipe the vinyl groove in the affected area, dabbing in the direction of the groove. It may be that some dust or a splotch of dried liquid settled into the groove in that section of the vinyl, but you can't see it.

Sometimes when vinyl sits in the sun too long or is stored in a stack, the grooves can warp.

I used to be an expert at fixing these. Here's what you should do:

1. Play it, and check approximately where it happens as it rotates, in relation to the label and the track position.

2. It can often be a very tiny pice of crap on the record, so use your fingernail to gently scrape the area. If that doesn't work:

3. Look very closely at the grooves in that area - maybe use a magnifying glass.

4. If you find the problem, take a very fine sewing needle and gently scrape the groove backwards, i.e. against the direction of play.

Alternatively, if you can disconnect the drive on your deck so that you can manually rotate the turntable and still hear the music, go past the skip and then rotate it backwards through the skip, repeatedly.

Under no circumstances should you apply pressure to the arm whilst playing it. You could end up with an even worse problem. When I got it back form a friend, my LZIII skipped just after the 5-note intro on SIBLY. I fixed the skip, but ended up with a second-long 'whoooossssssshhht' afterwards, like someone ripping a sheet of paper :angry:

I can understand you being disappointed... but you might have a collectors item...

oh yeh.......it's a collectors item

cuz we all love records that skip or are misprinted

i'll give you a million for it

not :slapface:

Archived