Favorite song off of Presence?

gvhbngh

185 members have voted

1. 1. What's everbody's favorite song off of Presence?

• Achilles Last Stand
    • For Your Life
    • Royal Orleans
    • Nobody's Fault But Mine
    • Candy Store Rock
    • Hots On For Nowhere
    • Tea For One

• 2 months later...

At this moment I would have to say Tea For One is my favorite because I think that the entire band is right at the top of their craft! If I were asked this same question tomorrow I may just answer Achilles Last Stand. There's really not much on that album that I don't like!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

6 month ago i would have voted Achilles Last Stand, but Presence was playing in my car every day and after that all i can say is Tea for One Jimmys best bluesguitarplaying that i have heard, and yes i have heard since i been loving you a miljon times, also a great song, but Tea For One is one of top five zep songs through all time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I have always loved Presence - IMO, this album is an extension of Physical Grafitti - the power, feel and groove is relentless!

Achilles Last Stand will always be my personal favorite. Tea For One is a close second.

It must be the sex-machine in me!

Ya, the angry sex machine.

Anyway, I have to go with Achilles Last Stand. Its not just a great song, but it is an epic song in its construction, and proficiency. Progressive, but heavy. Thematic and personal. Amazing guitar, and bass, with so many layers to peel away and enjoy. It truly is a song to be respected on many levels. I remember where I was, what I was doing, and who I was with, the first time I heard that intro, and that was about 35 years ago. Amazing.

I also love For Your Life, as a runner up.

Archived