John Paul Jones performing with Seasick Steve

sam_webmaster

• 1 month later...

There are rumors that JPJ will be joining Seasick Steve at Glastonbury 2013, but I'm not sure about it.

I've been thinking about this too, there's also the usual John Paul Jones collaborators playing this year's Glastonbury: Rokia Traoré and Robyn Hitchcock. Just seeing that line-up brought memories of last year's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass when he appeared with many different musicians besides Seasick Steve, I guess we'll find out soon.

There are rumors that JPJ will be joining Seasick Steve at Glastonbury 2013, but I'm not sure about it.

I've heard the same rumours, apparently someone backstage at a Seasick Steve show on his UK tour recently told someone. No proof of that though.

Yet another reason I'm lucky to be a Zeppelin fan - discovering these wonderful artists that I may not have (at least for a while) heard of otherwise.

I agree and discovering this wonderful website has resulted in too many discoveries for me to name.

I'm watching it now on BBC4, really good. "Here's a guitar I made from two hubcaps and a Christmas decoration", class...

and also nice to see JPJ playing a few different instruments.

Glasto crowd are loving it. Anyone else watch?

I think he played on all the tracks - he was certainly playing on all the ones I saw, not sure if the BBC showed everything though. Mark Radcliffe has just been saying they've played together quite a bit recently. Well worth seeing if you can.

it'll probably turn up on the BBC iplayer over the next day or two but I think there's problems accessing that from outside the UK - might be worth a try though. Hopefully someone will get the rest on YouTube soon though :) the track where he plated mandolin gave me shivers...

Archived