Any Cheech & Chong fans here?

Brad Hamilton

Haven't seen this documentary of their reunion tour but I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. I have lots of fond memories of those early albums, especially Big Bambu. Much to my surprise I found a copy of it in the used section of my local record store a few years ago and it still had that huge rolling paper inside completely intact.

51lYwwp50KL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I don't remember them per se from back then, but my older brother used to collect comic books and I think I remember them from his collection. My brother was always a fan of Crumb and most anything from High Times magazine. It used to give my mother fits. LOL

That comic strip looks great. I wonder if the creater was inspired by Cheech and Chong or visa versa?

Good question, as far as Wikipedia is accurate the first time the Freak Brothers appeared was in 1968, the first Cheech and Chong record dates from 1971.......but I am quite sure thet influnced each other both ways round.

Those were the days when drugs were cheap, haha.

Hey man, you wanna buy a watch?

No man, I'm not into time.

Cause if you had a watch you'd know it's night time and night time ain't no time to be in dis here neighborhood!

GETCHO MAMA TO PUSH THE CAR!!!!

:D

Haven't seen this documentary of their reunion tour but I'm sure I'll get around to it eventually. I have lots of fond memories of those early albums, especially Big Bambu. Much to my surprise I found a copy of it in the used section of my local record store a few years ago and it still had that huge rolling paper inside completely intact.

Wished I had left my Big Bambu intact with the rolling paper. I actually BURNED through two copies of Big Bambu back in the day, using the giant rolling paper both times to make Zeppelin-sized joints and smoke 'em with friends.

Oh well, at least I still got my Alice Cooper "School's Out" with the girl's panties.

And Jahfin found a used Big Bambu still intact, so maybe I'll find one, too.

Oh, and R. Crumb's Furry Freak Brothers definitely came before Cheech and Chong...but that doesn't make Cheech and Chong any less funny.

In the early 70's, it was Cheech and Chong, George Carlin, and Richard Pryor.

Then I discovered Monty Python. :D

You lucky sod. :notworthy:

Might I inquire where you found this(garage sale, swap meet, record store) and how much?

I found it in the used section of Schoolkids Records in Raleigh a few years ago. It was only $2-3. They have a copy of Alice Cooper's Muscle of Love on vinyl on sale for something like $15 that's also completely intact. For some reason I threw away the cardboard packaging my original copy came in many years ago. It also comes with a poster I'd totally forgotten about.

The rolling paper alone must be worth $2 - 3.

Anyway, this thread has reminded me of one of my favorite songs:

"My Scrotum" by Cheech from "Next Movie".

Of course that is followed by the famous scene where Chong scores cocaine and Cheech wants a sample, but Chong says it is just enough for himself. Then he proceeds to give Cheech a little sniff, shoves the bag into his face, only to find out it washing machine soap. But Chong was nice enough to give Cheech a drink to wash it out - his pregnant sister's clean piss for his drug test! I have to see that movie again sometime soon - too classic!! :thumbsup:

ONLY $2-3!?!?

Christ, you scored dude! I can tell you there's no way you'd find a Big Bambu w/ paper for that price in L.A.

Goes to show you that even something you'd think would be considered a collector's item doesn't even bring that much. Now, if I were to sell it on eBay that would be a different story but I don't plan on parting with it.

Goes to show you that even something you'd think would be considered a collector's item doesn't even bring that much.

It's like the real estate agent's mantra says...location, Location, LOCATION!

It's like the real estate agent's mantra says...location, Location, LOCATION!

Sometimes that may have something to do with it. I know that lots of folks think the flame cover of Skynyrd's Street Survivors is worth a lot of money and in some cases it is. Prior to eBay where you could drive the bids up, it was worth $35 at most and that was a copy that was in mint condition. I was listening to a radio show a few years ago when they had a memorabilia expert on and he said that copies of Street Survivors on 8-track are actually worth more since vinyl copies are much easier to come by because so many were pressed up on vinyl.

• 2 years later...

Archived