Led Zeppelin will reportedly be heard on American Idol

The Pagemeister

Led Zeppelin will reportedly be heard on American Idol as one of the choices for the show Wednesday night. The parents of Haley Reinhart were at the Monday council meeting of the Village of Wheeling, Illinois and gave some suprise details of the Led Zeppelin song to be used on Wednesday night’s Idol performances

Continue reading on Examiner.com....

Initially I'm opposed however I'll give it a view and go from there. It seems if this is even true which I'm kind of hoping it's not, then they should do a whole show of nothing but Zep songs or the whole week. Either way thanks for the heads up Pagemeister.

From the article:

Jimmy Page and Robert Plant has never given any permission to use a Led Zeppelin songs to Idol.

I am not a fan of the show but didn't Adam Lambert do Whole Lotta Love last year?

When they heard Haley do ‘House of Rising Sun’ they contacted Idol and said if she wants to do one of our songs she can,” explained Haley’s mom to the city council. “When you get that kind of offer you do it.”

This only part that would have to be verfied . After what happen with STH , I'm not inclined to believe either one would reach to idol to have a another song but anything is possible!

I can't believe I practically ruined my friday night by tunning into American Idol just to hear Hayley Reinhart's take on "What Is And What Should Never Be"! :slapface: Even after having 3 beers, it sounded awful to me! I also didn't like her growling! I think that performance deserves a spot on the "Bad Cover Songs" thread :P

Wow...tough crowd here! Come on, she's a 20 year old amateur thrust in the spotlight of a "reality" show where every note and dance move (including the silly one around the judges table) is choreagraphed. Vocally I thought she did fine with it. Give her a break!

Although having Pagey come out from the side of the stage with his Les Paul during the "heavy" portion of the song or having Haley wear one of Plant's tied in the front shirts wouldn't have hurt! :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

my reply about this is obviously late. im just new. but it is what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CyNQyR0MwQ

No one can say it was overly bad..

IMO she did great. i dont watch that show period but i wish i watched her performance.

she can get it. obamadatazz.png

( i looked for a smiley here but couldnt find any that will fit my post about her. i borrowed that from another site).

Archived