and high winds of new songs

that will fill the air

and i will be there

to listen

and smile

:)

And right here as well:

http://www.musicrada...nnection-473649

I found this comment from a Page interview on the Guitar World website regarding the BBC sessions and found it quite hypocritical given the fact he testified against someone in court from selling bootleg live shows a few years back.

Guitar World: It's no secret that the Led Zeppelin BBC sessions are among the most bootlegged performances in rock history. They're kind of a hard rock version of Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes. To put it another way: if you're a serious Zeppelin fan, you've either heard or own some version of them. What's your view of bootlegging?

Page: It depends. If it's someone with a microphone at a gig, that's one thing. They paid for a ticket, so it's fair game. But things that are stolen out of the studio-works in progress, rehearsal tapes and things like that-are quite another. I'm totally against that. It's theft. It's like someone stealing your personal journal and printing it.

Regarding the BBC sessions, it doesn't bother me if they've been bootlegged extensively because, whatever version people own, it won't be from the original source like our version. Secondly, not everybody out there buys bootlegs, and the sort of fans that buy bootlegs will want this one for the packaging-and to see how I've edited the performances. I can't really lose. There's no way I'll lose!

Hello folks.

I can't remember the last time I was on here, but

my profile says it was some time in early 2010.

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking I ought to check in.

Good timing, it seems.

It's hard not to get pulled into a rant, though, after reading through the thread up to this point.

Of course I'll take this cameo as an opportunity to post the longest most irrelevant response

in the history of the board, and fail at that too, but

I have so many comments on the discussion thus far.

I might poke at a few points, but I don't mean harm, just a little sarcastic, perhaps.

Whatever happened to that old jimmypage.com

the one that handed out free, but useless

jimmypage.com email addresses?

At any rate, I bit and registered at THIS jimmypage.com too

(most likely to receive spam from now until eternity)

Somoene mentioned the site as a place to hawk books.

An online Equinox Book Store?

The site might not have anything to do with music at all.

I'm trying to keep my expectations to an optimistic minimum.

I would love to see Jimmy work on a small stage again. I want to see him experiment.

I'll second THAT!

and the comment, which I forgot to quote about looking forward to an unplugged album.

I don't think Page needs to prove that he can still rock, like he has seemed to feel over the last 15 years or so.

I want him to defy our expectations, the way Zeppelin must have done with each subsequent release.

RE: The media being relatively quiet:

The media generally only report on what they are invited to report on

via a press release. Investigative journalism is all but dead.

All of the Led Zeppelin releases this century have been preceded by

a deluge of Jimmy Page/ Led Zeppelin cover shots and stories

in every kind of magazine you could imagine.

It Might Get Loud, however, has not even been released

in some countries.

The two links leading to articles mentioning the site are something, however,

not much compared to seeing Zeppelin everywhere for recent releases.

RE: Zeppelin material and who's in charge of releasing it:

Aren't compilations released primarily to renew publishing rights?

(when contractual obligations aren't a factor, that is)

RE: O2

Surely there will never be an O2 DVD.

The fan produced download is already pretty dang good.

If it were released, I totally agree that,

wouldn't it be promoted on the Led Zeppelin site?

Check out the recent activity box (bottom left, Brenda Lee content) and click on BRENDA LEE is it true?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3iddSDW-l8

BRENDA LEE ...

This video is no longer available because the YouTube account associated with this video has been terminated due to multiple third-party notification for copyright infringement from claimants including: [sME], [sME], [sME]

IOW they got spammed by Sony. :-)

New Coverdale/Page album?

Lord help us! :dont:

Though, this and the Brenda Lee reference do point to Page's references to

doing an album with different singers and different guitars, IIRC.

ie:

I think it infers he is releasing a solo lp with different singers and possibly instrumentals. The Brenda Lee reference I take as that he is playing guitar for different singers. (possiblly very different ones that you may never picture him with)

One other link to July 13 is, of course... Live Aid 1985...

:lol: nice one. Their refusal to be included in the Live Aid anniversary charity DVD

kinda rules that one out, I'd guess. :-)

(though, actually, I don't find their performance a total disaster)

Look what else I found!

http://twitter.com/#!/jimmypagecom

Nice, thanks for that.

So far nothing, but these sorts of things have to be reserved in advance

before someone else takes it out from under your nose.

And, if the above wasn't enough, I took the trouble to type up some more hocus pocus,

since I'm happy to see that this forum is a place where people bring this stuff up openly now.

Returning to the symbolism of the expected dates for the countdown to finish:

The 14th Chapter of Aleister Crowley's

"Book of Lies

which is also falsely called

BREAKS The Wanderings or Falsifications of the One Thought of

Frater Perdurabo (Aleister Crowley)

Which Thought is Itself

Untrue"

reads as such:

KEΦAΛH IΔ

Onion Peelings

The Universe is the Practical Joke of the General

at the Expense of the Particular, quoth FRATER

PERDURABO and laughed.

But those disciples nearest to him wept, seeing the

Universal Sorrow

Those next to them laughed, seeing the Universal

Joke

Below these certain disciples wept.

Then certain laughed

Others next wept.

Others next laughed

Next others wept.

Next others laughed.

Last came those that wept because they could not

see the Joke, and those that laughed lest they

should be thought not to see the Joke, and thought

it safe to act like FRATER PERDURABO.

But though FRATER PERDURABO laughed

openly, He also at the same time wept secretly;

and in Himself He neither laughed no wept.

Nor did He mean what He said.

The 13th chapter reads as follows

KEΦAΛH IΓ

Pilgrim-Talk

O thou that settest out upon The Path, false is the

Phantom that thou seekest. When thou has it

thou shalt know all bitterness, thy teeth fixed in

the Sodom-Apple.

Thus has thou been lured alon That Path, whose

terror else had driven thee far away.

O thou that stridest upon the middle of The Path, no

phantoms mock thee. For the stride's sake thou

stridest.

Thus art thou lured along That Path, whose fascina-

tion else had driven thee far away.

O thou that drawest toward teh End of The Path,

effort is no more. Faster and faster dost thou fall;

thy weariness is changed into Ineffable Rest.

For there is no Thou upon That Path: thou hast

become The Way.

Personally, I don't think those quotes have anything to do with anything at all to with

this.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Hi people, i've have something to tell!

I'm in London since yesterday and I had the fucking lucky chance to see Jimmy!! (I can't even believe it, it's wonderful!! I swear I'm not lying).

Apart from his kindness, his attention and all that things, I asked him about 'releasing new material' related with the new web and as far as I could understand him ( I was thrilled and it was a bit more difficult to me to remind his words exactly in a different language haha), he didn't told me anything about music but other things. Maybe he didn't wanted to say the surprise, maybe we shouldn't expect a new album so soon, I don't know, but I had the sensation that now there won't be very 'big' projects. Maybe later. But, I really don't know :) he told me he was busy and had to go.

I know that's not so much information but I think it can make us an idea

Oh guys, he's incredible!! :D

Hi people, i've have something to tell!

I'm in London since yesterday and I had the fucking lucky chance to see Jimmy!! (I can't even believe it, it's wonderful!! I swear I'm not lying).

Apart from his kindness, his attention and all that things, I asked him about 'releasing new material' related with the new web and as far as I could understand him ( I was thrilled and it was a bit more difficult to me to remind his words exactly in a different language haha), he didn't told me anything about music but other things. Maybe he didn't wanted to say the surprise, maybe we shouldn't expect a new album so soon, I don't know, but I had the sensation that now there won't be very 'big' projects. Maybe later. But, I really don't know :) he told me he was busy and had to go.

I know that's not so much information but I think it can make us an idea

Oh guys, he's incredible!! :D

Very cool Laura!! So what is the website about then?wink.gif

As I said, he didn't give me so much information (well, he didn't know me, it's logical) but I understood the web will keep us informed properly about his projects. He told me to keep looking at it, and finished: "you will see next week" with a grin :D

As I said, he didn't give me so much information (well, he didn't know me, it's logical) but I understood the web will keep us informed properly about his projects. He told me to keep looking at it, and finished: "you will see next week" with a grin :D

Well, that's Jimmy for ya.rolleyes.gif Were you able to get a photo or would that have been too rude? I understand if the chance encounter didn't allow for such a thing. Fair warning to the guys: girly questions!...Did he smell nice? wink.gif Does he look better or worse in person as he does in photos?

Yes, we got a photo :D not rude at all. I tried not to bother him, and he was nice and tender.

Hahaha girly questions LOL! Yes, he smells very nice, and I saw him as I expected, he's like the photos. I know it's so said but he's a gentleman.

(oops, this is a bit out topic)

Thanks for sharing this Laura. So great that you got to have a moment with Jimmy, get a photo with him and ask him a few questions. We all dream as dreamers do and have this experience happen to us. I'm jealous! :notworthy:

To continue: "V"

Thank you so much for this!! And I'm jealous too!! ;):(

And we will see next week! :D Oh, I can't wait to next Wednesday! :yay:

I know it's been a long time, and a lot of us have been frustrated including myself at times, but I really believe we will have new music coming from Jimmy. Not just a website to shop for tee-shirts, and Ross Halfin pictures...Please God, no more Ross Halfin pictures! :rolleyes:

Archived