Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

No one said that Jimmy was in "ultimate control" at all. I concured that it was a group decision when it comes to any new Zeppelin release. However the various members have different

degrees of interest in said material. Robert has other diversions let's face it. His lawyers probably handle most of his waning interests in Zeppelin. JPJ has his "people" voice his opinions although

from a musical point of view he wants the better material to be re-mixed and a high production value. Bonham estate has their say and Jason keeps his thumb-print on any Zep matter when

he can. Jimmy drives this bus in all things Zep. No one can say that Jimmy isn't behind every new Zep effort. He just is. Jimmy is the god-father and the others, lawyers and all, look to him

for Zeppelin;s historical value.

Just because YOU never heard of the "Project", doesn't mean that it wasn't being planned in some way, shape , or form. However, the next time you have lunch with Jimmy I suggest you

ask him personally and then report back to this forum. If it were 1979 - 1980 the articles would be available for your review. Try Creem or Circus archieves.

Oh, and btw ask Jimmy about the artist from Toronto that he knew and his sketches of the album covers - over a glass of wine of course.

Your probably confused, "The working title for the project was Look, until Page decided on In through the Out Door, as he felt that was the hardest way to get back in the public spotlight."

Just because YOU never heard of the "Project", doesn't mean that it wasn't being planned in some way, shape , or form. However, the next time you have lunch with Jimmy I suggest you

ask him personally and then report back to this forum. If it were 1979 - 1980 the articles would be available for your review. Try Creem or Circus archieves.

Oh, and btw ask Jimmy about the artist from Toronto that he knew and his sketches of the album covers - over a glass of wine of course.

Do you have any proof of any of this?huh.gif

Hammer of the Gods hinted at something called the Black album that was supposedly recorded after Bonham died but I believe rumors of it's existence have been shot down here (and elsewhere) since the publication of that book. Page also mentioned a chronological live album many times over the years but that finally came to fruition with the release of the Led Zeppelin DVD project. I was a very avid reader of Creem and Circus back in the day and still have tons of old issues of them (though they're not at my disposal at the moment) and I don't recall a single mention of a multi-gatefold album.

I don't know how many other ways to say this - Jimmy does NOT "drive the bus", ALL of the surviving members of Zeppelin attend the meetings and have equal input AND interest, and yes, I know this for an absolute fact.

I won't bother responding to the childishness of the rest of your post other than to say this "multi-gatefold" album and the reports of its release appear to exist only in your head.

I don't think he even drives a car, or even have a drivers licence... :D

Well we're halfway now!

Halfway to what, launching a website? B)

I'm waiting for all the negative feedback that will surely come from those who were expecting so much, if in fact those expectations aren't fully realised. :angry:

Interesting how "those in the know" don't seem to know anything, yet post cryptic messages written by a deceased drug addict or obscure photo's then totally negate any suggestions about what or where Jimmy is going to perform or provide. :P

I suppose they have consulted their Ouija Boards while wearing their Crowley tin foil hats!? :blink:

I'll be logging on to check it out regardless.

The forum (presuming there is one), should make for interesting reading.

Halfway to what, launching a website? B)

I'm waiting for all the negative feedback that will surely come from those who were expecting so much, if in fact those expectations aren't fully realised. :angry:

I think we can pretty much guarantee that. But to what extent and will these posts rival the "Robert's Fault" ones? Just hope most here can act civil.

I think we can pretty much guarantee that. But to what extent and will these posts rival the "Robert's Fault" ones? Just hope most here can act civil.

Hey they'Il blame Robert for it anyway!

Civil? I wouldn't bet the farm on it!

Page, 60, said he was planning an autobiography chronicling the group's years of rock'n'roll excess.

"There are a lot of stories to be told about what went on and insights to give into things that people don't really know about," he said.

"So there's a good book to be written and I'm thinking about writing it."

- Something Jimmy told the press in 2004 while he became the first artist to be immortalised in the British Walk of Fame.

Page, 60, said he was planning an autobiography chronicling the group's years of rock'n'roll excess.

"There are a lot of stories to be told about what went on and insights to give into things that people don't really know about," he said.

"So there's a good book to be written and I'm thinking about writing it."

- Something Jimmy told the press in 2004 while he became the first artist to be immortalised in the British Walk of Fame.

Seven years ago. It always comes back to this: his level of ambition.

Seven years ago. It always comes back to this: his level of ambition.

That's unfortunate for this and as far as creating new music, touring etc. Maybe things will change a bit now. We'll see.

Archived