Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

Everyones intitled to their opinion of course, but dang some folks here need to chill a little. Its the first day for crying out loud.

Jimmy himself said this is the just the START of things to come. Now hes got a web site up and he played live yesterday onstage (with the Black Crows). In other words hes kicking things off now lets see what else comes down the pike.

Everyones intitled to their opinion of course, but dang some folks here need to chill a little. Its the first day for crying out loud.

Jimmy himself said this is the just the START of things to come. Now hes got a web site up and he played live yesterday onstage (with the Black Crows). In other words hes kicking things off now lets see what else comes down the pike.

Agreed! 269.gif

RIGHT! Now Jimmy has start something and some others here can only beef.

has anyone submitted to the feedback section yet?

you guys who picked up errors could maybe put that in there?

i think it's a pretty cool site, but i hope he puts a video and ( new ) music section, too.

i knew there wouldn't be a forum as such, but a Q & A section might be cool.

hey, maybe i could suggest that! :D

you guys who picked up errors could maybe put that in there?

i think it's a pretty cool site, but i hope he puts a video and ( new ) music section, too.

i knew there wouldn't be a forum as such, but a Q & A section might be cool.

hey, maybe i could suggest that! :D

They fixed the dark text pretty quick...The vintage like paper background is very cool, and very easy to read off of.

It would be nice to have some interaction for fans even if it's just between ourselves. We do have many avenues to do so already though, so no biggie.

They fixed the dark text pretty quick...The vintage like paper background is very cool, and very easy to read off of.

It would be nice to have some interaction for fans even if it's just between ourselves. We do have many avenues to do so already though, so no biggie.

hi there

well, i just suggested my ideas :) yeah a forum would've been nice, but really i didn't expect it, and we can talk about it here.

I woke up to my notification email, but I had to register for the site separately.

ie, I registered to get the email, then I had to register again to get into the site.

Or, did I just love it up?

What's this "A Degree of Murder" soundtrack?

Have people already been discussing it in another thread?

Very pleased to see he's included his work with Roy Harper. Definitely goes right onto my "Favourites" list.

Sadly, I've never been able to see Jimmy live. Only once was I in the same town when he was playing, but

well... life has its ups and downs ("and we've been a part of a lot of ups and downs") ...

and sometimes you just can't make it happen.

I see how I'm going to waste a chunk of my Friday morning now. :rolleyes:

My little pipe dream would be that Jimmy would go back to his 1977 idea of taking a truck with a drop-down stage around the country and just turning up and playing. Heaven.

That would Rock!

Thank you Jimmy, this is my actual birthday today

Happy (belated) Birthday!

Aye ;) In Shepherd's Bush.

That's SHEPHERD'S BUSH.

Were they playing a free show out on the street :P

Great vids, thanks for those posts.

Who's actually in the Black Crowes these days?

Was that Rich Robinson playing (wish I were Derek Trucks) slide guitar next to Jimmy?

There's no entry for Death Wish II...

That's one I'd want to see. I'm sure eventually. Just wish it would be released in the U.S. on cd. I think it was released in Japan several years ago, but it's selling at a king's ransom from what I've heard. Will stick with my original lp for now from 1982.

That's one I'd want to see. I'm sure eventually. Just wish it would be released in the U.S. on cd. I think it was released in Japan several years ago, but it's selling at a king's ransom from what I've heard. Will stick with my original lp for now from 1982.

I have the Japanese cd ( don't remember what I paid for it though) but to me it seems like the volume level that the cd was recorded at is very low. I would buy it again if there was a remastered release.

i

Yep , I sent a correction of a concert date. Received an email back saying... thanks loser :D

Do you know what the live tapes were?

Yes but I'm not really at liberty to say. Sorry to be cryptic but the people involved do post here so if they want to say more I'll leave that to them. Cheers.

Do you know what the live tapes were?

I remember Page saying in an interview that it was some live Zeppelin, and quote "Demo tapes of Zeppelin which covered all the pre-writing and construction of those early songs we did", as well as detailed demos for what Outrider was supposed to be, a double album that was going to be a rock side, blues, instrumental and experimental, and that after those were stolen he basically started over from scratch in the studio, and Outrider was born...If my memory serves me correctly...

Look up the October 1988 issue of Guitar World with Page on the cover promoting Outrider. It's no big secret when it comes from the man himself in print.

Look up the October 1988 issue of Guitar World with Page on the cover promoting Outrider. It's no big secret when it comes from the man himself in print.

I think you mistake me. I didn't call it a big secret, I simply showed respect to the people involved by not speaking for them, and allowing them to say as much or little as they thought appropriate.

I woke up to my notification email, but I had to register for the site separately.

ie, I registered to get the email, then I had to register again to get into the site.

Or, did I just love it up?

What's this "A Degree of Murder" soundtrack?Have people already been discussing it in another thread?

Very pleased to see he's included his work with Roy Harper. Definitely goes right onto my "Favourites" list.

Sadly, I've never been able to see Jimmy live. Only once was I in the same town when he was playing, but

well... life has its ups and downs ("and we've been a part of a lot of ups and downs") ...

and sometimes you just can't make it happen.

Degree of Murder was a German movie from 1967-8 that starred Anita Pallenberg. The music was written by Brian Jones before she went off with Keith. Jimmy and Nicky Hopkins play on the soundtrack with Brian. Jimmy includes about 3 pictures from these sessions in his book before he was fully with the Yardbirds. I mention Degree of Murder in the other thread. The picture that is shown is a supposed bootleg cover that has been on line. There is no soundtrack avaliable. I have been looking for one for a long time for Brian too. The movie is sort of avalible as a bootleg DVD and has been in public domain. The only version that has been avalable is dubbed in English. Perhaps it being right on his site, might generate some interest to the movie for Jimmy and Brian and either restore the movie and or the soundtrack, because right now the only way to hear the music is straight from the movie. I am not surprised no one has talked about this. The movie is small and not easy to find.

I am also happy he included everything with Roy.

No mention of Stephen Stills Right By You album either, or unless I'm missing something (I admit to not having had a really good hunt around the place) the tracks he played on on Robert's solo albums, or Maggie Bell's Suicide Sal. What exactly is the criteria for the discography?

Archived