Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

I guess some of us don't hear that he's been promising new music. But if he doesn't produce he gets a pass and his promises are ignored by the faithful

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been hearing for over 25 years about Jimmy's upcoming projects and his comments about them. People say a lot of things and either they pan out or they don't. There's no sense of indebtedness that Page owes me just cause he commented about his intentions to a reporter. As I said he's been doing that for years. If Page feels inspired to present new music I'd love to hear it. That's his decision as obviously he's no longer contracted to produce any new musical product. But, Page's career may be as final as Led Zeppelin's. Fine. Accept it.

yeah, i am beginning to think that we have already heard jimmy's last recordings.

but i just wish he wouldn't say he is going to put new stuff out if he isn't going to.

i would much rather hear him say that he is not promising anything new, that ok, maybe he may get inspiration down the track, one day, and put something out, or tour. i mean, i understand that he may not want to say he is retired, because he may very well not be. but i would really rather not get my hopes up for new stuff, if there really isn't anything planned.

I seriously doubt he is making it up, or purposely giving the wrong impression that he plans to make new music. What could possibly be the objective in that instance?

i really don't like to think that either, but maybe to keep people interested, and keep sales up?

I'm sure Jimmy could put together a killer album in like two weeks, no prob...., I think he is looking for the right reason to do it, he is always talking about being commited and things along those lines. obviously he is still into Zeppelin...the remasters...the new Led Zeppelin concert movie coming out soon. I think he is into preserving the legacy. He just did a new version of whole lotta love not too far back and recorded with Jerry lee l. He starred in a new movie last year and played new songs in that, now he is working on his website and im sure he has a song or two ready to go......

I just think that it has been a frustrating 10 years (and counting) for fans of Jimmy. I wish he would just get out there and play...album or no album. He doesn't need a new album as an excuse for a tour. And if he doesn't have the energy or popularity to do a major tour, why not do a handful of shows at a local theater in London, NY and/or LA...The Allman brothers always do a series of shows at the Beacon Theater in NY and I think that would be a great way for Jimmy to just get out there and play. He could easily sell out about 5-10 shows, create a great buzz in the city and most of all just play his guitar....you would think that at some point he would be itching to play somewhere live.

I think that was just suggested humorously as a "you never know." Still, you never know!

Actually some follow up posts have suggested that there may be a bit more to it than "you never know."

Fingers crossed!

It's being said on FBO that Jimmy might play tonight with Donovan at the Royal Albert Hall...Cross your fingers.

I think that was just suggested humorously as a "you never know." Still, you never know!

I heard this over a week ago - reported as a rumor/gossip, via an old friend (with ties/connections to those who are in the position to know). She lives in London and was quite serious (no humor intended), although she did stress to us that it was (at least at the time) just a rumor.

Actually some follow up posts have suggested that there may be a bit more to it than "you never know."

Fingers crossed!

Didn't see the follow up posts--hope this does turn out to be a manifestation, involving Jimmy doing more than holding the guitar, and a filmed one!! B)

(Boy, who looks better these days, Jimmy or Donovan? :wacko: )

According to a Twitter update to crabbygirl's link, Jimmy did play. :o

Also I just read another Twitter post that said "Donovan backed by Jimmy Page, Shawn Phillips, and a tabla player." Says that he played on Sunshine Superman, don't know if he played on anything else. But there were cameras filming the whole thing! :wub:

Apparently just Sunshine Superman.

Excellent work, Aqua! This deserves it own thread, methinks. Do you want to start it? That way we can put youtube clips and more pics as they come in.

You go ahead and start it, there doesn't seem to be anything new coming in right now! But yes, it does deserve its own thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived