Jimmy Page Says...

MrZoSo

I think it infers he is releasing a solo lp with different singers and possibly instrumentals.

You may not be too far off. As I recall, when news of his new solo record first surfaced several years ago it was reported that he would play a different guitar on each track.

No, but my point is neither Brenda Lee nor that song has anything to do with the website.

You could probably chose almost any hit single that came out of the UK during the early to mid 1960's and there's a pretty good chance that Jimmy Page played on it.

Oh Jimmy. Thank God you decided to grow older gracefully.

I was thinking the same thing. Except that Jimmy needs to tame those caterpillars on his face.tongue.gif

And I agree that there is too much over thinking with respect to the new developments on his site. Just enjoy the anticipation and the eventual surprises in store for us.

BTW, has anyone who signed up on the website, received any sort of feedback from the site?

It's all in good fun...at least, unlike on another site, no one here has tried to raise the possibility that the numeral XXII was actually a sigil, connected in some way to ZOSO.

XXIII isn't a sigil it's a numeric which began the countdown during the symbolically significant Summer Solstice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solstice

Chapter XXIII of Aleister Crowley's last book, Magick Without Tears, is Improvising A Temple

http://hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/mwt_23.html

Perhaps worth mentioning No Quarter - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded was released on October 12th - Crowley's birthday and the title of Jimmy's only solo album thus far - 'Outrider - is specifically mentioned in Crowley's 'Diary Of A Drug Fiend'...Swan Song, etc...overt connections to Crowley when releasing new music is not at all unprecedented for Jimmy.

Hi maven :wave:

There's no harm in having fun speculating until we know the truth. And the truth can only come from Jimmy Page. So let's have fun!

I'm proud of everyone "reading into" the mysteriousness. Because at the end of the day, what's the harm? I like that we as a forum are doing research into astrology and the occult and esoterica. So what if we end up being wrong?

It is fun :D I did not know that Jimmy played on that many records. I always thought Brenda Lee was made in America, so to speak. Its fantastic to learn something new. I think the name of the song says it all. "Is it true?" as in good things are about to happen.

One other link to July 13 is, of course... Live Aid 1985...

I was thinking about that one too.

It would be cool if they made some minor changes to the website each day during the countdown, to make it more interesting.

In these GIMME GIMME times of instant gratification, I think it's great that he's using a countdown & creating some intrigue & excitement over who-knows-what. It's almost how it used to feel waiting for a LZ album release date, although they were rarely adhered to...

My 2p's worth: I doubt it will be a new album, or at least not an imminent one. If that were the case, I'm sure news would've slipped out by now, possibly even the album itself as well, or a leaked track or two.

I'd guess part of the deal will be a subscription-only online version of his book. The countdown will give Genesis time to flog the few remaining 'recently discovered' extra hard-copies, after which he/they can continue with their price-skimming policy to reel in a second tier of punters...

My 2p's worth: I doubt it will be a new album, or at least not an imminent one. If that were the case, I'm sure news would've slipped out by now, possibly even the album itself as well, or a leaked track or two.

Improvising a temple - the website is the temple within which his magick can be transmuted. The actual manifestation? All will be revealed.

He only has 10 followers lool

Ooh, I'm lucky #13 now 14, somebody edged me out. Story o' my life!!

MissMelanie, when you register on the site, you eventually get a confirmation email with an attachment that creates a contact thingie in your Outlook address book w/ Jimmy's management info. And then a '666' mark appears on the back of your left hand, magical-like. Well, *I* think it's cool.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but just to think that maybe we could see JP playing some shows later this year! The awesomeness...

Ooh, I'm lucky #13 now 14, somebody edged me out. Story o' my life!!

MissMelanie, when you register on the site, you eventually get a confirmation email with an attachment that creates a contact thingie in your Outlook address book w/ Jimmy's management info. And then a '666' mark appears on the back of your left hand, magical-like. Well, *I* think it's cool.

I don't want to get my hopes up too high, but just to think that maybe we could see JP playing some shows later this year! The awesomeness...

Thanks FireOpal.

Yay! A second tattoo for me. Thanks Jimmy!

In these GIMME GIMME times of instant gratification, I think it's great that he's using a countdown & creating some intrigue & excitement over who-knows-what. It's almost how it used to feel waiting for a LZ album release date, although they were rarely adhered to...

I'd guess part of the deal will be a subscription-only online version of his book. The countdown will give Genesis time to flog the few remaining 'recently discovered' extra hard-copies, after which he/they can continue with their price-skimming policy to reel in a second tier of punters...

...We'll just have to wait and see...

My turn. JP is now launching his website to have complete creative and distribution control of his solo material (music in whatever format(s), books, etc).. Maybe, it will be the vessel to ,first, launch a compilation cd of JP's career studio work (before and after LZ), later followed by a series of remasters of each album from his career, including a remastered version of Outrider (1988) with bonus unreleased/live tracks and/or a bonus dvd. Perhaps, he's worked out a new distribution deal with someone for physical product (music), too.

It's also interesting to note that 1988 happens to be XXIII years ago...

R B)

XXIII isn't a sigil it's a numeric which began the countdown during the symbolically significant Summer Solstice

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_solstice

Chapter XXIII of Aleister Crowley's last book, Magick Without Tears, is Improvising A Temple

http://hermetic.com/crowley/magick-without-tears/mwt_23.html

Perhaps worth mentioning No Quarter - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded was released on October 12th - Crowley's birthday and the title of Jimmy's only solo album thus far - 'Outrider - is specifically mentioned in Crowley's 'Diary Of A Drug Fiend'...Swan Song, etc...overt connections to Crowley when releasing new music is not at all unprecedented for Jimmy.

Hi Steve, I'm sure your comment wasn't directed specifically to me as a few pages ago some others and I already talked about the numeral XII being part of the count. I was only reporting what I read on another site as another example of how some fans were interpreting what they saw on Jimmy's website. ~MSG

With all of us paying attention to this countdown do you think we misinterpreted it just a bit? According, to the Roman numeral change each day (on Jimmy's website), it's been occurring at around 7pm (1900 hours) EDT. In that case "All will be revealed" on July 13th. But then again, this may not be going by this time in reality. In fact, I think it may be set to GMT in the UK (and some of Western Europe). So the countdown would end not on July 13th, but the 14th at around midnight. What do you think and how does the 14th situate in the Crowley readings and his overall history? Is this something completely different now and were we misconstrued with the information that was provided and searched upon (by many of us) or perhaps we were right all along (when the countdown is final)? :unsure:

Does anyone have any comments as to why none of the media has reported on the updated site and countdown? They do seem to keep up with most of his activities to a degree.

I have my own theories, but would love to know what others think.

Archived