Jimmy Page Says...

If it is legit it'll just be the person running the site running the twitter ,I doubt jimmy will use it and I have no reason to believe it is real so I'm just going to hope it is real :D.

I also expect that font used for the Numerals to be a running theme in whatever he releases herein as it is the same or similar to the font used on the cover of his Genesis book.

Edited by TheStairwayRemainsTheSame
  • Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is legit it'll just be the person running the site running the twitter ,I doubt jimmy will use it and I have no reason to believe it is real so I'm just going to hope it is real :D

:)) I know, Twitter DOES really take any shred of privacy and mystery away from it's users.

So contrary to the Jimmy we have been accustomed to all these years.

We will soon see.

Being an official Jimmy Page twitter doesn't mean he has to use it, maybe there's one person in his management office who has the task of tweeting news and relevant things of him. It's something usual in some artists :)

Well, of course I would prefer he did it, but the first time I saw the account I though the first option was the most likely to happen

Edited by Laura_Page

Keep in mind - Jimmy Page has been the sole keeper of the Zeppelin Flame. Period. Not Robert, not JPJ, and even Jason has not been the Guardian that Jimmy has.

If Jimmy decides to release any Zeppelin material on his new web site then he would certainly be the rightful member to do so. Yes, he may and will confer with the others, but he is the man and will make any final call on un-released Zeppelin property.

I believe that there will be Zeppelin stuff on his new site. Actually, it may be awesome things that have never seen the light of day. It will be a surprise - maybe the

multi- gatefold album that was due right after ITTOD. Rumour has it that they had songs recorded for it that were never released. We'll see.... 444

What exactly is the Zeppelin Flame and how and where is it kept? Whatever the case, they have all shared in the responsibility and all must concur with any future releases. I've never heard of a multi-gatefold album due right after ITTOD and if it was recorded please explain not only when but also why they would have elected not to use it and instead scrounge up the material on Coda, an album released solely to fulfill their contractual obligation with Atlantic Records.

Edited by SteveAJones

I've never heard of a multi-gatefold album due right after ITTOD and if it was recorded please explain not only when but also why they would have elected not to use it and instead scrounge up the material on Coda, an album released solely to fulfill their contractual obligation with Atlantic Records.

Great rhetorical question Steve. :-)

What exactly is the Zeppelin Flame and how and where is it kept? Whatever the case, they have all shared in the responsibility and all must concur with any future releases. I've never heard of a multi-gatefold album due right after ITTOD and if it was recorded please explain not only when but also why they would have elected not to use it and instead scrounge up the material on Coda, an album released solely to fulfill their contractual obligation with Atlantic Records.

Steven, Steven, Steven...as someone with the Tag name "The Alchemist Archivist" you should know that the term "Zeppelin Flame" is an allegorical phrase for their body of work and the "Light" that it has

brought to the initiated. Sometimes I think you just play with us...

Yes, all the members must concur with whatever Zeppelin material is planned to see the light of day. However, Robert has stated that he lets Jimmy handle Zeppelin matters as he has distanced himself from

the Past, and quite well might I add. As for JPJ and the Bonham estate I'm sure that they are happy with the way Jimmy has equated himself with all things Zep. If Jimmy decides to release some archival

material - JPJ and Jason would welcome it while Robert would be non-pulsed either way.

As to the multi-gatefold release that was talked about just after ITTOD - there were some reports at the time just before their planned USA Tour of a "Physical Grafetti" type project that the Band was working on.

It's been quite a while since I read the reports obviously but I recall being excited about this rumour. What I remember was that it had some special art work by an artist that Jimmy and Robert knew and liked his/her style.

The songs were to be based on some readings of old manuscripts and documents that Jimmy was privie to. Robert was kinda holding back on the project due to the nature of the songs. Jimmy wanted a very

powerful, epic approach to erase what he saw as a "softening" of Zep due to Robert's mis-fortunes; aka "All of My Love" type songs. Jimmy wanted to up the ante of Zeppelin and prove that they can summon extreme

power with their music. That was the basis of what the "Project" was rumoured to be. It's been a long, long time (NPI) but it was something to that effect. Surely you must recall the press reports to this direction...

Correct, CODA was Jimmy's answer to full-filling a contractual agreement with Atlantic. I sense Jimmy was un-happy with how everything ended and just "tossed" out CODA as a release that did have its moments

so it wouldn't seem as just a token gesture to the fans. He could care less about Atlantic execs. As for the release of the "Project" - John's passing obviously ruled out its full completion as well as confirmed Robert's

hesitation to its material and direction. The 1 million dollar question is : Would now be the right time for Jimmy to proceed with the final phase and give it its proper debut? God knows he has had plenty of time to

see to the completion of any old projects! Maybe he has been very active in all the years that we wondered what the heck he was doing...

Anyway, it's always a pleasure shaking off the dusty memories with you Steve. You keep us old fans sharp and take us all to task whenever we slip in something "suspicious"...I mean no harm and it is a great Journey

we are about to go on....hold tight!

Edited by nirvana

Never heard this one before. If this material does exist, I would think if it was quality stuff, it would have been released already. Or perhaps it was just a plan for the next phase of Led Zeppelin to take them into the 1980's and no recordings ever happened with these plans due to Bonham's death. This is quite new to me, so not sure about the validity of it. It may have just been a big rumor that came about after they disbanded in December, 1980.

Edited by SuperDave

Steven, Steven, Steven...as someone with the Tag name "The Alchemist Archivist" you should know that the term "Zeppelin Flame" is an allegorical phrase for their body of work and the "Light" that it has

Yes, all the members must concur with whatever Zeppelin material is planned to see the light of day. However, Robert has stated that he lets Jimmy handle Zeppelin matters as he has distanced himself from

the Past, and quite well might I add. As for JPJ and the Bonham estate I'm sure that they are happy with the way Jimmy has equated himself with all things Zep. If Jimmy decides to release some archival

material - JPJ and Jason would welcome it while Robert would be non-pulsed either way.

As to the multi-gatefold release that was talked about just after ITTOD - there were some reports at the time just before their planned USA Tour of a "Physical Grafetti" type project that the Band was working on.

It's been quite a while since I read the reports obviously but I recall being excited about this rumour. What I remember was that it had some special art work by an artist that Jimmy and Robert knew and liked his/her style.

The songs were to be based on some readings of old manuscripts and documents that Jimmy was privie to. Robert was kinda holding back on the project due to the nature of the songs. Jimmy wanted a very

powerful, epic approach to erase what he saw as a "softening" of Zep due to Robert's mis-fortunes; aka "All of My Love" type songs. Jimmy wanted to up the ante of Zeppelin and prove that they can summon extreme

power with their music. That was the basis of what the "Project" was rumoured to be. It's been a long, long time (NPI) but it was something to that effect. Surely you must recall the press reports to this direction...

Correct, CODA was Jimmy's answer to full-filling a contractual agreement with Atlantic. I sense Jimmy was un-happy with how everything ended and just "tossed" out CODA as a release that did have its moments

so it wouldn't seem as just a token gesture to the fans. He could care less about Atlantic execs. As for the release of the "Project" - John's passing obviously ruled out its full completion as well as confirmed Robert's

hesitation to its material and direction. The 1 million dollar question is : Would now be the right time for Jimmy to proceed with the final phase and give it its proper debut? God knows he has had plenty of time to

see to the completion of any old projects! Maybe he has been very active in all the years that we wondered what the heck he was doing...

Anyway, it's always a pleasure shaking off the dusty memories with you Steve. You keep us old fans sharp and take us all to task whenever we slip in something "suspicious"...I mean no harm and it is a great Journey

Honestly, this idea of Jimmy somehow being in ultimate control of Zeppelin releases etc is quite wrong. The surviving members (and lawyers) have regular meetings to decide on all these matters.

No-one washes their hands of this and no-one just leaves it to Jimmy.

CODA was not "Jimmy's answer" - it was the band's.

As for this "double album" you are discussing here , never ever heard of it - or the press reports you say were around at the time. Could you maybe produce them?

I am sure in some alternate universe 3% of this may make sense. In the meantime, enjoy the wait...It's what Jimmy Page/Led Zeppelin fans do best. :rolleyes:

As for the release of the "Project" - John's passing obviously ruled out its full completion as well as confirmed Robert's

This is total bullshit, and you are either a fantasist or a casualty. Possibly both.

There were no reports or rumours of such a project, neither at the time nor since. The only thing I recall being reported was JP saying he wasn't comfortable with ITTOD, and that he and JB wanted to revert to a harder sound for the next album.

As for the 'softening of Zep', this was more a result of JP and JB's self-inflicted 'misfortunes'.

There weren't and no releases were planned aside from 'Wearing And Tearing' as a 45 rpm single to coincide with the 1979 Knebworth Festival.

Even that release never happened, due primarily to time constraints.

Honestly, this idea of Jimmy somehow being in ultimate control of Zeppelin releases etc is quite wrong. The surviving members (and lawyers) have regular meetings to decide on all these matters.

No-one washes their hands of this and no-one just leaves it to Jimmy.

CODA was not "Jimmy's answer" - it was the band's.

As for this "double album" you are discussing here , never ever heard of it - or the press reports you say were around at the time. Could you maybe produce them?

No one said that Jimmy was in "ultimate control" at all. I concured that it was a group decision when it comes to any new Zeppelin release. However the various members have different

degrees of interest in said material. Robert has other diversions let's face it. His lawyers probably handle most of his waning interests in Zeppelin. JPJ has his "people" voice his opinions although

from a musical point of view he wants the better material to be re-mixed and a high production value. Bonham estate has their say and Jason keeps his thumb-print on any Zep matter when

he can. Jimmy drives this bus in all things Zep. No one can say that Jimmy isn't behind every new Zep effort. He just is. Jimmy is the god-father and the others, lawyers and all, look to him

for Zeppelin;s historical value.

Just because YOU never heard of the "Project", doesn't mean that it wasn't being planned in some way, shape , or form. However, the next time you have lunch with Jimmy I suggest you

ask him personally and then report back to this forum. If it were 1979 - 1980 the articles would be available for your review. Try Creem or Circus archieves.

Oh, and btw ask Jimmy about the artist from Toronto that he knew and his sketches of the album covers - over a glass of wine of course.

There weren't and no releases were planned aside from 'Wearing And Tearing' as a 45 rpm single to coincide with the 1979 Knebworth Festival.

Even that release never happened, due primarily to time constraints.

Steve, are you sure there were no other releases planned to coincide with the US Tour 1980? I was going to the scheduled Philadelphia Vetrens Stadium show before the Tour got cancelled due to John's passing. Everyone was buzzing about this EP that had five songs on it including Wearing and Tearing but not Darlene and Ozone Baby. This EP was the prelude to the bigger "Project" to come.

Are you positive that you never heard of this? Really? Think hard...

Edited by nirvana

Steve, are you sure there were no other releases planned to coincide with the US Tour 1980? I was going to the scheduled Philadelphia Vetrens Stadium show before the Tour got cancelled due to John's passing. Everyone was buzzing about this EP that had five songs on it including Wearing and Tearing but not Darlene and Ozone Baby. This EP was the prelude to the bigger "Project" to come.

Are you positive that you never heard of this? Really? Think hard...

So now you claim there was no double-album, but instead an EP serving as a prelude to a bigger project? Mentally I'm drawing a complete blank on all of this, but I'm willing to look into it further if only out of curiousity. However, awfully hard for the band to release an EP of non-ITTOD songs when none were recorded, let alone take on a bigger project when Robert was still very much just easing back into live performances.

Perhaps all the posts to this thread on this particular topic can be moved to the Zeppelin Mysteries thread. Certainly any further posts on it are more appropriate there then here.

Edited by SteveAJones

No one said that Jimmy was in "ultimate control" at all. I concured that it was a group decision when it comes to any new Zeppelin release. However the various members have different

degrees of interest in said material. Robert has other diversions let's face it. His lawyers probably handle most of his waning interests in Zeppelin. JPJ has his "people" voice his opinions although

from a musical point of view he wants the better material to be re-mixed and a high production value. Bonham estate has their say and Jason keeps his thumb-print on any Zep matter when

he can. Jimmy drives this bus in all things Zep. No one can say that Jimmy isn't behind every new Zep effort. He just is. Jimmy is the god-father and the others, lawyers and all, look to him

for Zeppelin;s historical value.

I don't know how many other ways to say this - Jimmy does NOT "drive the bus", ALL of the surviving members of Zeppelin attend the meetings and have equal input AND interest, and yes, I know this for an absolute fact.

I won't bother responding to the childishness of the rest of your post other than to say this "multi-gatefold" album and the reports of its release appear to exist only in your head.

Edited by Knebby

If it were 1979 - 1980 the articles would be available for your review. Try Creem or Circus archives.

There's little need for her or anyone else to do so as I have personally archived more than 5,300 press articles and have a running want list of 5,000 more I'm seeking. All with publication, date, title of the article, author, and origin. There is nothing in those nor the more than 120 Led Zeppelin books I own mentioning a multi-gatefold album to coincide with their 1980 North American tour. You recall a rumor - fair enough - but I do find it excurciatingly tedious the way you repeatedly revise the main points of your posts to avoid being, for lack of a better term, dead wrong.

Specific recent examples:

..."Jimmy is the sole guardian of the Zeppelin flame"...is miraculously revised to..."no one said Jimmy is in ultimate control at all".

..."a multi-gatefold album"...is miraculously revised to..."an EP as prelude to a larger project".

You are entitled to your own opinions but not your own facts. Regardless, please demonstrate some consistency in either.

Edited by SteveAJones