What celebrities did you spot last night?

I was wondering if any of the Grants were there

They really should have considered a Peter Grant Tribute after he passed in late 1995. They'd just toured the world and would have been primed. Another missed opportunity to reconcile with John Paul Jones. Now I think it's too late for them to tour the world.

Must say Im surprized McCartney made it. He has never given Zeppelin their just praise openly for reasons I dont know. Was Jagger there like he said he would be?

"What's that man moving 'cross the stage? Looks alot like the one used by Jimmy Page."

____________McCartney Lyrics from 'Rock Show' from Venus & Mars Album released 1975.

That's a pretty good tip of the hat if you ask me!

Must say Im surprized McCartney made it. He has never given Zeppelin their just praise openly for reasons I dont know.

Actually I've read McCartney say flattering things about Zeppelin. Only a few years ago when he was going on the road he said something like "well, weren't not exactly Led Zeppelin but we're still quite good".

John Bonham was Paul McCartney's favourite drummer not counting his buddy Ringo. He has openly said so and, quite clearly, the drumbeat in 'Let 'Em In' on one of his Wings albums was lifted from How Many More Times.

Bonzo played on his Rockestra thing. As did Jonesy.

"What's that man moving 'cross the stage? Looks alot like the one used by Jimmy Page."

____________McCartney Lyrics from 'Rock Show' from Venus & Mars Album released 1975.

That's a pretty good tip of the hat if you ask me!

Actually Mcartney respected Zeppelin and Zeppelin of course were in awe by the Beatles

Only recognisable famous person I saw was Brian May. That hairdo might as well be a giant arrow pointing at him. He was sitting in with general punters and I saw a fair few people make their way over and shake his hand and get pics taken and he seemed to be fine with it all.

Brian May the only one I spotted as well ! He walked right through the front door as I was going out for last cigarette before the show. It was the hair !

I was in the T-shirt queue next to Randy?...big tall guy, the pitcher, or ex-pitcher with the Arizona Diamondback's. I'm a Brit so not up to date with these things, but I did see him pitch at PacBell Park in San Francisco against the Giants a few years back.

He was talking with a young American and said he bought his ticket and would not have missed it for anything.

Sounds like a real fan

:D

I also saw Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky) in my hotel lobby. Don't know if he was at the show or not.

not to mention Nancy's his wife!

how sweet. what a great party there must have been afterwards with all the old gang. I can see Percy holding court now...

He didn't hold court, he didn't hang around and party with the guests, neither did Jimmy, though Jason and Jonesy made appearances. All the families were there - including Bonzo's Mum who was thrilled by it all.

It was a little surreal sitting in the middle of people like Jerry Hall and Mick's kids, Bill Wyman, Lulu, Jamie Cullum, Bob Geldof, Martin O'Neill, Jose Mourinhio, Ian McKellan, Pricsilla Presley, BP Fallon, Richard Cole, Joe Elliot, Noel Gallagher, Bobbie Gillespie, David Gilmour, Peter Gabriel, etc etc etc - but they all looked to be enjoying the show.

I enjoyed meeting several board members - it was quite a whirlwind few days and I'm sorry it's over, and that there were some I missed this time around - but wow - like everyone says the only celebs who mattered were right there on that stage. Just incredible night.

Hi Guys

I have been meaning to log in here for weeks.

Wow what a night, I was very luck to have a vip after party pass. I think most of the Celebs were hiding upstairs but I did meet Paolo Nutini and told him he sounded like Ray Charles on acid..... which I hope he took as a compliment (as intended) then his mates from Glasgow looked after me for of rest night, I ended up in a hotel somewhere in the middle of London till 5.30am.

Thanks Guys what a great night!

I was in the T-shirt queue next to Randy?...big tall guy, the pitcher, or ex-pitcher with the Arizona Diamondback's. I'm a Brit so not up to date with these things, but I did see him pitch at PacBell Park in San Francisco against the Giants a few years back.

He was talking with a young American and said he bought his ticket and would not have missed it for anything.

Sounds like a real fan

:D

I also saw Paul Michael Glaser (Starsky) in my hotel lobby. Don't know if he was at the show or not.

Randy Johnson...........that's the dude.

He didn't hold court, he didn't hang around and party with the guests, neither did Jimmy, though Jason and Jonesy made appearances. All the families were there - including Bonzo's Mum who was thrilled by it all.

It was a little surreal sitting in the middle of people like Jerry Hall and Mick's kids, Bill Wyman, Lulu, Jamie Cullum, Bob Geldof, Martin O'Neill, Jose Mourinhio, Ian McKellan, Pricsilla Presley, BP Fallon, Richard Cole, Joe Elliot, Noel Gallagher, Bobbie Gillespie, David Gilmour, Peter Gabriel, etc etc etc - but they all looked to be enjoying the show.

I enjoyed meeting several board members - it was quite a whirlwind few days and I'm sorry it's over, and that there were some I missed this time around - but wow - like everyone says the only celebs who mattered were right there on that stage. Just incredible night.

I was sat nowhere near you!!

;)

Archived