Teh Pizza thrad

TypeO

ITT it's all about teh pizza!

Come on!

Errybody loves pizza!

What's yer fave?

Currently, my latest pizza obssession is from Domino's - their Fiery Hawaiian Pizza.

Sliced ham, bacon, pineapple and roasted red peppers with provolone cheese on a parmesan crust.

Spiced up with hot sauce and jalapeños.

pizza1.jpg

Add to this my personal touch of Domino's Sweet Mango Habanero Sauce, which is normally served as a dipping sauce for their chicken.

208445_167411296646163_167411153312844_333876_1063146_n.jpg

To borrow from The Oatmeal, it's a Sweet Tasty Firestorm.

What about you?

What's your favorite pizza, and from where?

There's a local carry-out/dine-in place that makes the best spinach and tomato pizza :)

I don't like Domino's new crust; I can't pick the pizza up anymore because it's so messy. And it's too spicy. So for delivery I prefer Papa John's cheese.

I feel sorry for those who have to suffer with limited choice such as dominos...dominos pizza is perpetrating a fraud calling itself pizza IMO. Nothing like a fresh baked pie on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx NY. Take your pick on what you like...I like it Naples style...

pizza.jpg

Hi all,

Well Danny,Mum,pizza sounds perfect for an end of the world party! :P

KB(mmmm,...)

Yes Kev doesnt it just? and I like my pizza with a plate full of chunky chips as well, and dont spare the salt. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Very Kind Regards, Danny

OK, guys, I'm not a total hick.

Our area DOES have some non-franchise pizza joints, one of the better ones is actually called The Pizza Joint.

Brick ovens, the whole shebang.

We also have a couple Mellow Mushrooms as well, and although a franchise, it's definitely better than average.

So I'm not a complete pizza rube, thank you. lulz.

And definitely not saying I consider Domino's superior pizza (it's not), I just happen to really like that Fiery Hawaiian dealie I described.

That being said, I've always wanted to try one of those authentic New York-style pizzas.

Since I have free flight benefits from my wife's job with Delta, maybe I can arrange a day trip to the Big Apple for a pizza tryout!

OK, guys, I'm not a total hick.

Our area DOES have some non-franchise pizza joints, one of the better ones is actually called The Pizza Joint.

Brick ovens, the whole shebang.

We also have a couple Mellow Mushrooms as well, and although a franchise, it's definitely better than average.

So I'm not a complete pizza rube, thank you. lulz.

And definitely not saying I consider Domino's superior pizza (it's not), I just happen to really like that Fiery Hawaiian dealie I described.

That being said, I've always wanted to try one of those authentic New York-style pizzas.

Since I have free flight benefits from my wife's job with Delta, maybe I can arrange a day trip to the Big Apple for a pizza tryout!

My in laws live in rural western Kentucky where they have NOTHING, but when they come visit me they know good pizza! You don't have to be from a big city to have good taste. ;)

I'm biased being from Chicago, because I think we have the best pizza. Both traditional thin-crust and then deep-dish, our speciality. If you're in Chicago, you have to hit up Leona's for the thin-crust and Giordano's for the deep-dish.

Around here, Amalfi's and Elizabeth's are both very good for mom & pop type places. The only delivery chain pizza I'll eat is Papa John's. For toppings, I like spinach, mushrooms, artichokes, and tomatoes. I'm not a big fan of meat on pizza, but sometimes sausage and onion is yummy.

I've had pizza in New Haven, NYC and in Italy. It's completely different in Italy. A bit of cheese, sauce and a touch of basil to resemble the colors of the Italian flag.

Pepe's and Sally's in New Haven are great as a couple of my favorites in NYC being John's on Bleeker Street and Patsy Grimaldi's in Brooklyn (just off the Brooklyn Bridge). In Italy I've had it in Rome and in Assisi. The latter being the better of the two.

I hate people and establishments that smother pizzas with toppings. You lose the great flavor that way. For me it's just sauce and cheese and perhaps some peperoni at times.

The chains are not that great. Domino's is ok, but Pizza Hut is just garbage. I'd take a frozen pizza over anything they have there, any day. No question!

I second John's on Bleecker! The coal fired oven really makes a difference.

Having grown up in the DC area, it's Ledo's for me. Square pizza with a slightly sweeter sauce. You love it, or ... you don't know what's good! :D

I second John's on Bleecker! The coal fired oven really makes a difference.

They really make some great pies there. Always a line out the door, but the wait is certainly worth it. The pizza is steaming hot when it is delivered to you table but they cool down way too quickly and are a bit cool before finishing. Wonder why?

I like almost every kind of pizza... in my city there are two italian restaurants where I usually go, one is like a little restaurants chain called "Tagliatella". It's very, very fine. But my favourite is a local restaurant called "Ciao" which is managed by an italian who comed here 20 years ago, all like home-made :) I love 5-cheese ones, those who have vegetables, basil... Every time I pick one different. They are big, with a very thin dough, and you get full but not in excess.

I feel sorry for those who have to suffer with limited choice such as dominos...dominos pizza is perpetrating a fraud calling itself pizza IMO. Nothing like a fresh baked pie on Arthur Avenue in the Bronx NY. Take your pick on what you like...I like it Naples style...

pizza.jpg

Those pizzas look friggin' amazing!!! :o

I'm a fan of all styles of pizza

Just having another of my obsession pizzas, another Fiery Hawaiian.

Between the pineapple, jalapeno and red peppers, plus the added hot sauce and sweet mango habanero sauce, it's this incredible mixture of hot and sweet.

This is good stuff for standard franchise pizza.

189532_10150441599615078_220779885077_17926827_2273594_n.jpg

How stupid can people be in this country to enjoy manufactured crap?

Is is so hard to express an opinion, especially something as benign as food, without being insulting?

BRB, stupidly enjoying some more manufactured crap.

ummm.... pizza. I enjoy pretty much any type of pizza. I've never been to NY to get authentic New York style pizza, want to some day.

Being from Chicago, I do enjoy deep dish on the occassions I have had it. 99% of the time have traditional thin crust though. I do like all the cheese and ingredients in deep dish, but it fills you up fast and I hate either wasting the crust or it filling me up.

I think the majority of non chain pizza places in the Chicago area, most people who like pizza, would enjoy. 90% of the time I ever ate from Domino's, PIzza Hut, or any other national chain was for lunch at work or during college. Never eat that stuff with famiily if we go out for dinner or have it delivered. My favorite in the Chicago area is Aurelio's. Sauce is slightly sweet and like the pepperoni which is a little spicy.

And deep dish wasn't invented in Chicago, it was done in parts of Italy. It was on one of the pizza specials on I think the Travel Channel. Maybe the Giordano's stuffed crust guy talks about his grandma making thick "pies" in Italy years ago. Can't remember which exact episode it was. Definitely wasn't Man vs. Food.

Is is so hard to express an opinion, especially something as benign as food, without being insulting?

BRB, stupidly enjoying some more manufactured crap.

Hey Type O. I wanted to apologize for my comment earlier. I realize that other people are entitled to their own opinions and that I shouldn't just hate on everybody who disagrees with what I think. I got carried away while typing that post.

Sincerest Apologies,

Starbreaker

Diversity...different tastes is one of the great things in life...I had a friend who lives in Australia...They love franchise (pizza hut, domino's etc) pizza, and thought I was full of it when trying to explain the huge difference compared to NY pizza. 3 years later they come for a visit. I take them to my favorite haunt, Trattoria Zero Otto Nove on Arthur Ave...Needless to say, they loved it. However, my in laws did not. But they loved the Sicilian pie (thick square pie) I got at home in Jersey lol, go figure...So everyone is different. Doesn't mean one is better than the other.

One thing I'd like to add...IMO, Pizza is an American dish from Italian decent. My grandparents were both born and raised in Italy (both passed many years ago) and according to them "pizzeria's" and pizza itself was something very different in Italy than in the US.

Archived