Teh Pizza thrad

TypeO

Hi all,

Pepperoni or plain cheese for me. Don't like to drown pizzas with toppings. Takes away from the flavor. Actaully, never had white pizza, but sounds good. It's topped with ricotta cheese and without sauce if I'm correct?

Yes,it does mean no sauce(tomato based) and can be topped with veggies and other cheeses-feta,etc.,

Some of the best white pizzas around these parts are made by Greek-Americans.

KB

Hi all,

Yes,it does mean no sauce(tomato based) and can be topped with veggies and other cheeses-feta,etc.,

Some of the best white pizzas around these parts are made by Greek-Americans.

KB

Kojac, now he was a Great Greek-American, as was Telly. ;)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

• 1 year later...

OK, I'm truly not a Domino's fanboy, other than because a friend delivers there part-time, I get to eat it fairly often.

And yes, they are a standard franchise pizza, but their new Pan pizza in the special black box is actually very tasty.

I'm normally more of a thin crust kinda guy, pan pizza always seems too doughy.

But Domino's has struck a nice balance between traditional Pan and normal hand-tossed.

The crust is very soft and seasoned really well, and though I'm not positive, i believe my friend said they use a different sauce for the new Pan pizza.

Definitely recommended for those who aren't too la-de-da to enjoy a nice, hot pie from the chain pizza guys.

I have not, however, changed my position on the Fiery Hawaiian pie from Domino's - and the new Pan crust makes it that much better!

Dominos-Pan-Pizza-Box.jpg

When it comes to pizza, I'm a pretty standard guy; cheese, pepperoni, sausage and bacon on a plain crust. And mostly, I order from Dominos although I do enjoy Pizza Hut at times (I'm a big fan of their "meat lovers" pizza). Never had anything from Papa John's, may have to try them some day.

We have a small pizza joint in the next town over makes the most amazing white pizza! So good!

We have a tiny pizza shop in my tiny town, they make excellent pizza from scratch (dough twirling through the air and all that).

I worked for pizza kitchens in the 70's and learned alot while there. I was a head cook at many restaurants back then before I got in the County. So I make a pretty good pizza and sure, I know how to throw it up in the air. The quality of the dough and sauce and of course cooking it correctly are all key to a good pizza. I also make white pizza's. Get yourself one of those pizza pans with the holes in it. Use olive oil to grease the pan. Restaurants will not. You want to flour your surface, and the dough and pound it from the outside rim inward. You can use a rolling pin if you are not experienced at tossing or pounding it. You should let the dough reach room temp and rise first. Use a ladel and start from the rim and spread the sauce evenly. Then sprinkle parmesan or romano and oregano or whatever you like. basil is good too. Then your shredded Mozzerella. Then your toppings. Put it in a 500 degree oven and it will take anywhere from 17-19 min or less depending on the oven

I like a combination -everything on it-no anchovies though. I like it thin crust or thick-pan etc.

Not too many americans can eat anchovies. I like them if there is basically everything on the pizza. when I cooked at Pizza kitchens, read my arcticle above, I did not get alot of orders for them but of course had them fresh on hand. In old Italy, a poor mans pizza was sauce and anchovies and that was it. In Japan they use squid. Anchovies can be used in other dishes too. Man up. Get your next pizza with anchovies and just have some beer to chase it with. :lol:

Not too many americans can eat anchovies. I like them if there is basically everything on the pizza. when I cooked at Pizza kitchens, read my arcticle above, I did not get alot of orders for them but of course had them fresh on hand. In old Italy, a poor mans pizza was sauce and anchovies and that was it. In Japan they use squid. Anchovies can be used in other dishes too. Man up. Get your next pizza with anchovies and just have some beer to chase it with. :lol:

Sushi doesn't interest me either and I remember when I would go fishing with my grandpa he would eat those sardines out of a can- yuck- with the head still on them.

I can eat tuna fish out of a can and of course what we fished for catfish along with most other fish and I have had calamari but the fish with a head still on it -no way along with liver. Yikes haha

I feel bad for the folks who have to eat Poppa John's, Dominos, Little Ceaser etc. Living in NY comes with great pizza privileges. Although we can't get great inexpensive burritos like you can in California.

Great pie in NYC,did you look for a great burrito? :huh: Holy salsa! Make your own!

Great dogs off the NYC vendors too,...

I feel bad for the folks who have to eat Poppa John's, Dominos, Little Ceaser etc. Living in NY comes with great pizza privileges. Although we can't get great inexpensive burritos like you can in California.

I've eaten some decent pizzas in NYC, though it was several years ago.

To be fair, where I live, there are plenty of family owned ethnic restaurants that create pizzas that would blow you totally away. That's not to say I have a problem with the chain pizza joints either.

I'm pretty easy when it comes to pizza.

Archived