Carpe noctem - seize the night

Brad Hamilton

I thought I would start a thread for us nightowls. I rarely can sleep more than a few hours a night because of back pain. Usually I will spend a few hours checking emails and watching the news (recorded from earlier in the day). I also work nights, don't usually get off work until near midnight.

I'm just one of those people who loves the night. It's quiet and nobody to bother me. In the summer I even walk for miles, sometimes even catching the dawn. Usually around 5 AM I will go to bed, but I am up again by 9AM having coffee and sitting out on the patio.

Anyone else love the night?

You can count me in as a night owl!

It's nice to have the peace and tranquility the night brings with the cover of only starlight.

I always loved working 2nd shift more than the day shift too.

On the day shift I found people often in big a hurry and half of them in a bad mood :o

I think some of us are born as night owls. :)

............missy

Here's a clip of a great Carly Simon song (the audio is mediocre, best I could find!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6Pj_uJIPp0

Well, I am a "self-confessed" night owl! :lol: I am not at all a morning person. I become very grouchy when I am made to wake up sickeningly early in the morning. In fact, when my alarm clock rang once at 7 AM, I pretty much took it and threw it on the floor. Luckily, it was a pretty sturdy bastard, so, it didn't break but what a lecture I got from my dad about "self-discipline" :blink: Honestly, I rather wake up at about 9:30 AM rather than 7 AM and I feel really comfortable staying up till about 3 or 4 in the morning with my books! B) I don't know, but, somehow, to me, the world seems more peaceful and quiet at night. Mornings are freakin' full of distractions :wacko:

Brad, sorry to hear you've been suffering from back pain. I'm most defintely a day person though. I have a very strict body clock which usually kicks in around 11.00pm. I can rarely stay awake later than mid-night. I need at least eight hours sleep or I can't function the next day.

Archived