How would you describe Zeppelin

McSeven

If you were assigned to describe Led Zeppelin how would you describe them in a few words/How would you say they influenced Rock?

I want to say the right description so I will hold off on my answear for the time being. I would say at this point. I would say that Listening to Led Zeppelin is like taking part in a wild and groovy Safari.

• 2 weeks later...

The band itself: just plain awsome

This is how I explain the sound to my friends (they won't actually listen to it)

Loudest guitar nosie youv'e ever heard, multiply by four

Freight Train (Bonham is AMAZING)

nice groove

Somone screaming like their having their entrials ripped out while orgasming

In the most amazing way possible

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Addictive hooks and tunes and often quite intelligent and well written lyrics. 8 Albums full of some of the best rock songs ever recorded. Brash yet melodic, some of the best guitar sounds ever played coupled with wailing vocals in a combination that makes every song stick in your head.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The words that I would use are majestic, sublime, magical, mysterious, and powerful. For me, the word "majestic" comes the closest to describing Zep--particularly their best live performances. Page and Plant standing together on stage--I'm thinking specifically of some of the classic scenes in TSRTS--is the greatest, most majestic vision in rock history.

• 2 weeks later...

witching hour rough sex morning light bird song

^ the continuum from the darkness of "Dazed and Confused" to the sweetness of, say, "Bron-Yr-Aur"

How did they influence rock music? They negotiated a deal that allowed them considerable artistic freedom and then they maximized that freedom. I don't think many bands today have so much artistic freedom except the ones on small labels or independent labels. They were punk before punk, in the sense of being very "DIY" and hands on with every creative decision.

• 1 month later...

Archived