Intelligent Design or Pure Chance.........

Walesdad

At this point, god is simply unbelievable.

If an all-powerful being were to appear before us, I would surmise it to be extra-terrestrial in nature.

Remember one of Arthur C. Clarke's law: any technology sufficiently advanced looks like magic.

If chance mutations explains the evolution of species; why did the great apes seem to get so left behind? Why don't they seem to have any of that "spark" that enables them to make tools? Wouldn't there be at least some intelligent apes by now?

You feel they are left behind? That's anthropomorphic reasoning.

Why don't they use tools? Do they need them to live and survive?

Aren't they already intelligent to a degree?

The "infinite monkey" theory is simply a way of illustrating the nature of infinity - given an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite amount of time, they'd eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare. They also write the manual for my refrigerator, the grocery list my wife wrote last week, the essay my neighbor wrote in freshman english class. That's just it, they'd type everything eventually, so by definition they'd type the complete works of Shakespeare. It's purely a way of describing the nature of infinity.

thankyou !

i can't believe some of the others can't grasp this.

and am i missing something here? why does steve keep going on about a car not be able to reassemble itself, no matter how long it's left to do it????

we are talking about the origin/evolution of LIFE, LIVING organisms.

and

i agree that steve was very rude in his comments to magic. it was uncalled for!

magic is a very intelligent lady, i wouldn't mind betting that she is more qualified in this field than steve.

If chance mutations explains the evolution of species; why did the great apes seem to get so left behind? Why don't they seem to have any of that "spark" that enables them to make tools? Wouldn't there be at least some intelligent apes by now?

there are.

us. well, some of us :)

And not everyone in this thread for sure...

trouble is, some think they are more intelligent than they actually are.

you can be extremely intelligent in an academic way, but be a complete buffoon when it comes to things like common sense, manners, empathy .......

...and did the lambs stop crying, Clarice?

There's not one bare breast nor bare bottom, but like I said before Ms. Rider, when you enter a man cave expect to find yourself in a man cave.

But that was probably the thread to which she referred, unless she was talking about the Beautiful Women or Hot Pics of Robert threads. And someone asked which one of the threads it was and that was my best guess.

You really should stop watching those scary movies; they will only give you bad dreams. I know it was critically acclaimed, but I never really wanted to see it. Whenever I watched part of it, I would walk away. Because there is something very wrong in that film. It's not a good film to open your soul to.

I just don't understand your defensive posture after you so kindly shared your favorite photos and videos. And not being one to lavish praise on someone unless it's spontaneous and I don't have to think too hard about it, I tend to be discerning or maybe even critical.

So, your man cave domain notwithstanding, I hope you will understand if I comment on the topic of intelligent design or pure chance. It seems to me that chance is an element of intelligent design, because it makes the design more interesting as it changes. As long as it's not too disturbing, like the multi-vortex F5 tornado in Joplin the other day, I enjoy chance.

Science is a constantly evolving discipline. People today take the evolutionary theory as if it were etched in stone with nothing left to explore. That's not true is it? Historically scientists have had a bad habit of being closed minded to their collective 'brilliance' until some maverick comes along and blows away the established scientific 'fact' of the day. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Personally speaking I do believe there's a God but I also believe in scientific theory and the discoveries that it has given to the world. I'm not sure why this has to be an 'either/or' agrument.

My point is that the "spark" I mentioned is not present in apes because it was not put there by design.

Yeah, but it's like what came first...."the chicken or the egg" ain't it man??!!:):):):)...I mean, who designed the design and who is the designer of the designed design...get it???!:):):)B) B)

Yeah, but it's like what came first...."the chicken or the egg" ain't it man??!!:):):):)...I mean, who designed the design and who is the designer of the designed design...get it???!:):):)B) B)

The EGG came first Spider. :o

Regards, Danny

It certainly could get out of hand...:lol:

It is one of lifes mysteries will it ever be solved..:)

Come on now, everybody knows that God made Woman out of one of Adams Ribs, thats why Women have one more Rib than Men, Isnt it? ;)

Regards, Danny

The "infinite monkey" theory is simply a way of illustrating the nature of infinity - given an infinite number of monkeys and an infinite amount of time, they'd eventually type the complete works of Shakespeare. They also write the manual for my refrigerator, the grocery list my wife wrote last week, the essay my neighbor wrote in freshman english class. That's just it, they'd type everything eventually, so by definition they'd type the complete works of Shakespeare. It's purely a way of describing the nature of infinity.

I would think the concept of infinity would go against the Big Bang (ie starting point) theory?

Archived