Intelligent Design or Pure Chance.........

Walesdad

We're just planetary mold. Our function in the Universe is to do exactly what we're doing....use up every resource available. Once those resources are gone, so are we....just like mold. We aren't unique. We are made of stardust just like everything else that exists.....the product of massive ejaculations from our galactic core. We aren't even the most dynamic form of life to ever exist on this tiny planet, let alone anywhere else. In the end, you'll turn back into stardust, just like that little ant you may have just stepped on.

And just so you know in advance, this latest batch (electric blueberry) is way too good to share. :P

We're just planetary mold. Our function in the Universe is to do exactly what we're doing....use up every resource available. Once those resources are gone, so are we....just like mold. We aren't unique. We are made of stardust just like everything else that exists.....the product of massive ejaculations from our galactic core. We aren't even the most dynamic form of life to ever exist on this tiny planet, let alone anywhere else. In the end, you'll turn back into stardust, just like that little ant you may have just stepped on.

And just so you know in advance, this latest batch (electric blueberry) is way too good to share. :P

I hear ya :):):)!!

We are "made of stardust just like everything else that exists", but it's up to us if we choose to become "just planetary mold".

And just because most people might think that "our function in the Universe is to do exactly what we're doing....use up every resource available" doesn't mean that everybody feels - or should feel - that way.

No doubt that "In the end, you'll turn back into stardust, just like that little ant you may have just stepped on" - but where will you go?

I've had dreams of much better places than the world we live in right now, but was told I had to "go back to this world" and finish my assignment to be able to deserve to go to the "better world" ...

Funny thing is, many people would probably perceive the "better world" as less interesting - one didn't have to eat (there was no need to - no feelings of thirst to quench or hunger to satisfy either), there was no change of seasons or drastic weather, there was no illness, there was no aging, the people were all very nice, and there was no growth (no growing babies, children, teens, etc.). It was basically a world of "singles" who would hang around from time to time, exchanging partners and friends freely, feeling good and helping others feel good too - but nobody could ever produce children.

So anyway, when I woke up I realized the true beauty about this world - the beauty of growth, the beauty of the children.

B)

We are "made of stardust just like everything else that exists", but it's up to us if we choose to become "just planetary mold".

And just because most people might think that "our function in the Universe is to do exactly what we're doing....use up every resource available" doesn't mean that everybody feels - or should feel - that way.

No doubt that "In the end, you'll turn back into stardust, just like that little ant you may have just stepped on" - but where will you go?

I've had dreams of much better places than the world we live in right now, but was told I had to "go back to this world" and finish my assignment to be able to deserve to go to the "better world" ...

Funny thing is, many people would probably perceive the "better world" as less interesting - one didn't have to eat (there was no need to - no feelings of thirst to quench or hunger to satisfy either), there was no change of seasons or drastic weather, there was no illness, there was no aging, the people were all very nice, and there was no growth (no growing babies, children, teens, etc.). It was basically a world of "singles" who would hang around from time to time, exchanging partners and friends freely, feeling good and helping others feel good too - but nobody could ever produce children.

So anyway, when I woke up I realized the true beauty about this world - the beauty of growth, the beauty of the children.

B)

Seems to me there are many people nowadays with conflicting emotions, they desire the "better world" but still want to hang around in "this world" -- how else could you explain the reality of new retirement communities like this one ...

http://www.thevillages.com/videoPlayer/videoiFrame.asp?video=ComeVisitMikeGrzesik

The Villages - Creating a Retirement Community where peoples dreams can come true

... that locate themselves only 57 miles from DisneyWorld ? ;)

Problem is, they aren't really making "this world" very much of a "better world" in the process ... :slapface:

Seems to me there are many people nowadays with conflicting emotions, they desire the "better world" but still want to hang around in "this world" -- how else could you explain the reality of new retirement communities like this one ...

http://www.thevillages.com/videoPlayer/videoiFrame.asp?video=ComeVisitMikeGrzesik

The Villages - Creating a Retirement Community where peoples dreams can come true

... that locate themselves only 57 miles from DisneyWorld ? ;)

Problem is, they aren't really making "this world" very much of a "better world" in the process ... :slapface:

... but they do honor their founder :

aboutus2.jpg

No way of proving this one catagorically one way or the other.I've got to admit that I waver between,"When you see some of the appalling things going on in the world,how can there be a God?",to "When you look at all the diversity of life on the planet and all the real beauty all around us,surely it can't be the result of pure chance".Anymore for anymore?

Yes, He watches over retirement communities everywhere, no matter how diabolical these enclaves may seem.

Well they were the chosen destination for Gov. Rick Scott to sign the state budget and veto some passed bills. The most interesting thing about it was protesters were thrown out as it was deemed a "private event"!?! You can draw any conclusions from that or not.

Diabolical in what way? They like golf which makes them evil selfish human beings?

People in their fifties, sixties, seventies, eighties and nineties who play golf remain in God's protection even in Florida, and especially if they live near Disney World. If you live in a community where everyone pays the mouse then you need all the help you can get. Fortunately we have a Good Shepherd who helps, and He's not to be confused with confused monks.

Well they were the chosen destination for Gov. Rick Scott to sign the state budget and veto some passed bills. The most interesting thing about it was protesters were thrown out as it was deemed a "private event"!?! You can draw any conclusions from that or not.

... that's strange, especially since their founder seems so tolerant, friendly, welcoming, "open-minded" and "non-judgemental" ...

;)

Diabolical in what way? They like golf which makes them evil selfish human beings?

... and besides, just take a look at their founder, he looks like a really nice, friendly, tolerant, welcoming, non-judgemental and open-minded type of fellow! Is that supposed to be evil ? ;)

... and besides, just take a look at their founder, he looks like a really nice, friendly, tolerant, welcoming, non-judgemental and open-minded type of fellow! Is that supposed to be evil ? ;)

No, and that is a statue done in the image of their founder, Mr. Schwartz, may he rest in peace. This is the first that I have read of him since you posted the photo. From a cursory glance, he seems to have lived conscientiously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Schwartz's Advice: Keep Active In Life

People - Autumn Days

July 24, 1991

articles.orlandosentinel.com

''The truth of the matter is, I will remain active as long as my health warrants it. It's a way of life with me.''

These are the words of 81-year-old Harold S. Schwartz, president of Orange Blossom Hills Inc., the parent company operating the Villages of Orange Blossom Gardens, Lady Lake's giant retirement community.

Although there are some Orange Blossom Gardens residents who disagree with Schwartz from time to time on management decisions, there is plenty of admiration for the stamina and determination he shows as he moves into his ninth decade.

I first met Schwartz five years ago when my wife and I flew to Florida to check out his retirement community as a possible home. The driver of the shuttle car returning us to the Orlando airport said we would need to leave early because Schwartz was taking a flight to Chicago to close some business.

The conversation during the car trip was friendly, informative and pleasant.

By the way, Schwartz declares he remembers that incident from five years ago.

''If you use your gray matter at all, you should stay active,'' Schwartz said. ''You shouldn't be knocked out of life.''

He was 75 when he sold his holdings - he admits they were considerable - to move to Florida and take charge of Orange Blossom Gardens.

Until then, he had been an absentee partner in the business, which had sold 400 homes in its first 10 years. That soon changed, and the company now builds homes at the rate of 500 annually.

''I sold everything out, including seven radio stations, an apartment building and an office building, and put every penny into a high-risk venture,'' Schwartz said. And he did this at an age when most others had long since retired.

''I decided to come down here from Chicago if my son Gary would come with me,'' Schwartz said. His son, Gary Morse, is vice president and chief executive officer of the retirement community.

Schwartz put 50 years of business experience, much of it in the advertising field, to use. The results have been obvious.

Is he really still active?

''I take a walk of about three miles the first thing in the morning,'' said Schwartz, who lives alone in a modest manufactured home in his own development. ''I walk whether I like it or not, whether I feel like it or not.''

After half a cup of coffee and breakfast, usually brown rice and fruit, Schwartz is in the office by about 8:30 a.m. and stays until 4:30 or 5 p.m.

He describes his duties as varied, but mostly involved with finance.

As for golf - and Orange Blossom Gardens boasts five courses - ''I play very, very seldom,'' Schwartz said. ''I never play in the daytime, and never have. I occasionally play nine holes after work. . . . I like to play golf, but if I did it five days in a row, I'd go crazy.''

For Schwartz, it's more enjoyable to keep his mind on his business.

''If you can earn a living doing something you enjoy, then you should lead a long and happy life,'' he says.

A hale and hearty Harold Schwartz serves as an excellent example of that philosophy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By Lisa Emmerich and Robert Sargent Orlando Sentinel

articles.sun-sentinel.com

It's the infinite monkey theory at work in this thread Steve.

We just have to wait for "intelligence" to make a chance return I guess.;)

well, here it is:

601px-Raffael_026.jpg

(Maria Montessori, Italian doctor and pioneer in pedagogy, wrote that it was her wish that (Raphael's) Madonna della seggiola hang in each Children's House (Montessori school) as a symbol of "humanity [st. John] rendering homage to maternity")

The design of our "better world" will always place the true needs of babies and children above the needs of others, because they are the future and what really makes life in this world worth living.

Right now, we just need to remember - and agree on - what those true needs really are and flip nearly all of our current "modern" values upside-down !

Jeez....How do you respond to "the children" card except to sing along ?

One of the reasons Hollywood is corrupt is due to the overemphasis on the youth culture, as evidenced by people who desperately hang on to the last shreds of their youth. They know they will only matter to people as long as they are young, because that is what they learn growing up in the film industry.It's a shallow way of devaluing yourself and others.It's ludicrous to suggest that people no longer matter simply because they are over a certain age.But of course you matter to the Heavenly Father at any age; to Him you are more than mere flesh and blood.

Surely the next generation will always matter. But to suggest to a child that he stops being important once he passes a certain physical age teaches him the wrong values.

allvoices.com/contributed-news/6468428-marykate-olsen-breaks-silence-on-her-childhood

^Everyone is important, at any age.Those who are most vulnerable have priority.

Take a good look at the Madonna and Mr. Schwartz - they would both probably agree with your statement, but their interpretations of what "giving priority" actually means would probably differ greatly ...

... and That's the big difference between "design" and "intelligent design".

Take a good look at the Madonna and Mr. Schwartz - they would both probably agree with your statement, but their interpretations of what "giving priority" actually means would probably differ greatly ...

... and That's the big difference between "design" and "intelligent design".

Take a look at them yourself. From dust you came and to dust you shall return.

Take a look at them yourself. From dust you came and to dust you shall return.

My grandparents (both mom's parents and dad's parents) had large paintings of the "Madonna & Child" in their living rooms, and my mom used to say that the one in my dad's parent's home frightened her as it was very serious and penetrating. The paintings weren't really connected to religion per se (in fact my dad's dad was a very staunch Protestant) but they seemed to help orient their values in a certain way ... their homes were always open and ready to care for us, they fed us personally (they didn't take us to restaurants), they didn't divorce their spouses or take lovers (well, as far as we knew anyway), and they didn't spend much time or money on their appearance - but they were somehow still very attractive people, and they were always searching for ways to help us.

Who knows, maybe ideas and values shifted due to the world's population explosion, but their families weren't larger than most modern families nowadays (two children/ three children). They would have never suggested that one of us grandkids should be put in a day care center or after-school-program so that their children (my parents, the adults) could have fulfilling careers, nicer homes, cars, hobbies and vacations (because those things were" not what really matters, or what really makes life better for the children" ...)

Anyway - looking at Raphael's Madonna della seggiola - one gets the idea that she might not be as "open-minded" and "non-judgemental" as Mr. Schwartz and Company on many matters - but doesn't it seem like she would be less likely to throw out protesters if they had suggestions that might truly help her children?

My grandparents (both mom's parents and dad's parents) had large paintings of the "Madonna & Child" in their living rooms, and my mom used to say that the one in my dad's parent's home frightened her as it was very serious and penetrating. The paintings weren't really connected to religion per se (in fact my dad's dad was a very staunch Protestant) but they seemed to help orient their values in a certain way ... their homes were always open and ready to care for us, they fed us personally (they didn't take us to restaurants), they didn't divorce their spouses or take lovers (well, as far as we knew anyway), and they didn't spend much time or money on their appearance - but they were somehow still very attractive people, and they were always searching for ways to help us.

Who knows, maybe ideas and values shifted due to the world's population explosion, but their families weren't larger than most modern families nowadays (two children/ three children). They would have never suggested that one of us grandkids should be put in a day care center or after-school-program so that their children (my parents, the adults) could have fulfilling careers, nicer homes, cars, hobbies and vacations (because those things were" not what really matters, or what really makes life better for the children" ...)

Anyway - looking at Raphael's Madonna della seggiola - one gets the idea that she might not be as "open-minded" and "non-judgemental" as Mr. Schwartz and Company on many matters - but doesn't it seem like she would be less likely to throw out protesters if they had suggestions that might truly help her children?

You're talking about the Christ child and Saint John the Baptist. Christ is a living God. He has already been here and He has risen.

I don't remember reading anything about Mr. Schwartz throwing out protesters.

The Madonna della seggiola or Madonna della sedia is a Madonna painting by the Italian renaissance artist Raphael. It depicts Mary embracing the child Christ, while the young John the Baptist devoutly watches. It is housed in the Palazzo Pitti collection in Florence. Painted during his Roman period, this Madonna does not have the strict geometrical form and linear style of his earlier Florentine treatments of the same subject. Instead, the warmer colors seem to suggest the influence of Titian and Raphael's rival Sebastiano del Piombo.

juggle.com/madonna-della-seggiola

According to six visionaries, as well as millions of believers, the Virgin Mary began appearing in the tiny Balkan village of Medjugorje (med-you-gor-yeh) on June 24th, 1981. She has appeared every day since. Her messages, intended for all humanity, ask people to place God first in their lives.

medjugorje-online.com

Our Lady of Lourdes is the name used to refer to the Marian apparition that is said to have appeared before various individuals in separate occasions around Lourdes, France. The apparitions of Our Lady of Lourdes began on 11 February 1858, when Saint Bernadette Soubirous, a 14-year-old peasant girl from Lourdes, reported, when questioned by her mother, that she had seen a "lady" in the cave of Massabielle, about a mile from the town, while she was gathering firewood with her sister and a friend. Similar appearances of the "lady" were reported on seventeen further occasions that year.

Bernadette Soubirous was canonized as a saint, and many Christians believe her apparitions to have been of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Pope Pius IX authorized the local bishop to permit the veneration of the Virgin Mary in Lourdes in 1862.

en.wikipedia.org

Mary Magdalene is mentioned in the Gospels as being among the women of Galilee who followed Jesus and His disciples, and who was present at His Crucifixion and Burial, and who went to the tomb on Easter Sunday to annoint His body. She was the first to see the Risen Lord, and to announce His Resurrection to the apostles. Accordingly, she is referred to in early Christian writings as "the apostle to the apostles."

justus.anglican.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8UhRpJRc4w&feature=related

Archived