• Led Zeppelin IV
    • Houses Of The Holy
    • Physical Graffiti
    • Presence
    • In Through The Out Door
    • Coda

The one you don't care too much for..

ITTOD for me.

I don't like the album in comparison to previous albums doesn't work for me to well.

I'd have to agree with you on that one. I really don't care too much for that album. It sounds like I'm listening to a keyboard driven band that is influenced by Zeppelin rather than Zeppelin themselves.

Agreed, ITTOD. If this album was a dog, you'd take it to the vet on a one-way ride.

Here's the album they should have released:

Side 1:

In The Evening

South Bound Saurez

All My Love

Hot Dog

Side 2:

Ozone Baby

Darlene

I'm Gonna Crawl

Wearing and Tearing

I chose ITTOD because it is not a Page driven album. JPP did an honorable and respectful turn at bat with being in charge of production but the music is what Zeppelin would be like if they played in Branson. Too soft, too keyboard driven and too "middle aged". Hot Dog is my all time most hated song they ever thought of, wrote, recorded, produced, played and they had the audacity to play it live on tour in 1980. Damn heroin!

The one you don't care too much for..

To me "the album you always look over" and the "one you don't care too much for" denote two very different things. Overlooked albums are often considered the under appreciated ones. To me, Presence is too often overlooked by the general populace but I consider it my favorite Led Zeppelin album. I've also never had a problem with In Through the Out Door as it's also one of my favorites. I'm also not sure why Coda is included as a choice as it's not a proper album in the sense of the of the others, it's actually a collection of outtakes and was never intended to be released as an album unto itself like their other records. As for my least favorite, that would be Led Zeppelin IV.

Edited by Jahfin

To me "the album you always look over" and the "one you don't care too much for" denote two very different things. Overlooked albums are often considered the under appreciated ones. To me, Presence is too often overlooked by the general populace but I consider it my favorite Led Zeppelin album. I've also never had a problem with In Through the Out Door as it's also one of my favorites. I'm also not sure why Coda is included as a choice as it's not a proper album in the sense of the of the others, it's actually a collection of outtakes and was never intended to be released as an album unto itself like their other records. As for my least favorite, that would be Led Zeppelin IV.

That's a bold statement to make, at least here. I applaud your testicular fortitude, however. My issues with that album stem from the overplaying of certain tracks on rock radio, and thus I'm burnt out on it. I still play the hell out of WTLB, though. That song absolutely defines Led Zeppelin; what they did, what they were, and why they have the largesse that they do.

That's a bold statement to make, at least here. I applaud your testicular fortitude, however. My issues with that album stem from the overplaying of certain tracks on rock radio, and thus I'm burnt out on it. I still play the hell out of WTLB, though. That song absolutely defines Led Zeppelin; what they did, what they were, and why they have the largesse that they do.

I'm in the clear. According to TheStairwayRemainsTheSame, Led Zeppelin II is evidently the "greatest album of all time".

I'm kind of with you on IV; not that I don't like it, but it's the last one I would choose to play because I've overplayed it and the radio has overplayed it; and now I prefer live versions of those songs to the studio versions. My favorite is and always will be III.

I chose ITTOD only because it has the least amount of quality tracks. In my opinion, of course. Not that it's a terrible album or anything like that. I love "Fool in the Rain" and "In The Evening" and "I'm Gonna Crawl" a lot. It's just the album I go to the least when I want to get my Zep on.

I voted for "Presence",I tend to overlook it because of the way the album's put together.I don't dislike it,but it just doesn't flow for me.

ITTOD used to get a run for ITE,but since I got two of the compilation albums,ITTOD hardly gets played thesedays.That and the reason that it's my least favourite Zep album.

CODA always bothered me due to its post-Bonham-ness. Something has always felt off about the album. As if since John didn't 'hear' it (those songs in that order), it really doesn't exist. Call me crazy. I wish I could do a "Strider" way of explaining why the album feels wrong to me. It just does.

post-16971-0-01231200-1306971185_thumb.p

I had no idea what this poll meant. I thought "look over" meant looking at the artwork as the record was playing. I just dated myself badly didn't I...................

Not really,the album artwork is pretty important and interesting I think.Perhaps the thread title could,ve been,

"The album you always passover?" ,no that has religious overtones.

"The album you always overpass?",no that's road talk.

"The album you always overtook?",still road talk.

Perhaps the thread title could have been " The album you always overlook?"

I always pass over the studio album HOTH.

When I want to hear HOTH tracks, I go for the live versions.

I don't like how HOTH came out. The mix is too sugary sweet for my tastes.

That's why I go to the live versions for HOTH tracks.

My go to albums to listen to, at this time, are TSRTS, ITTOD & Presence.

I had no idea what this poll meant. I thought "look over" meant looking at the artwork as the record was playing. I just dated myself badly didn't I...................

That's exactly what I though the OP was talking about from reading the title of the thread.

Titles are important. :)

• 2 weeks later...

For me, it has to be In Through the Out Door. It just doesn't flow for me like the other albums do. It's still a good album, don't get me wrong, it's just not one I listen to often.

I feel the same way (as I stated earlier in this thread).

Sometimes I will have the itch to sit and listen to it, but normally it's not the one I go for. I enjoy much of the album but I just think this album has the unfortunate task of living up to what they had put out beforehand. A task that has been tough for the album over the years. It's by no means a knock on the album. All bands have albums like that. I try not to think about the album with how it compares to others. I just enjoy it for the musical output Zeppelin had at that time. Some bands would kill to put out an album the quality of ITTOD. Which shows you the talent that Zeppelin had. The album that has been pegged their "weakest" stomps over some bands strongest efforts.

Edited by BlackDog71

Well now i have an iPod all my Led Zeppelin songs are mixed up and played randomly, so over time i listen to all about the same amount. I listened to each and every album when it first came out more than those that came out before but i dont think i can honestly say that i gave one album more airplay than another or one less, dunno why, maybe thats the sign of a TRUE FANATIC over the casual listener.

Regards, Danny

Well now i have an iPod all my Led Zeppelin songs are mixed up and played randomly, so over time i listen to all about the same amount. I listened to each and every album when it first came out more than those that came out before but i dont think i can honestly say that i gave one album more airplay than another or one less, dunno why, maybe thats the sign of a TRUE FANATIC over the casual listener.

Regards, Danny

:slapface:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...