High School

lzzoso

i went to a co-ed public high school, and really had an enjoyable time there.

made some life-long friends that i still keep in touch with ( facebook is great for that ).

it was in a high school music lesson that i tried to introduce the class to led zep. we had to choose a band and give a talk on them, and play some of their music. at that time i was about 15, and really knew very little about the band, i just knew that i loved the music! so i had this huge poster of robert that had some info on the back ( it was actually like a fold out mini magazine . ), so i read from it and then put the poster up on the blackboard and playeed them trampled underfoot, kashmir and stairway ( we had limited time ). they all just sat there stunned!

we had a 10, 20 and 30 year reunion ( i left in 1978 ).

at the 10 year one i was 8months pregnant with my first child, so couldn't drink, but still really enjoyed seeing everyone again.

at the 20 year one i was divorced and had left the area, so again, it was great to catch up with everyone.

at the 30 year one, i was single and got talking to an old classmate, who told me that an old flame of mine was also single ( his older brother ) ..... and we got in contact again and we are now engaged and living together!

so, now i advise people to attend reunions .... you never know what can happen!

Congratulation on your engagement!

I have similiar experience about picking a band and having to talk about them and playing a couple of songs from them. However, this happened when I was in the 7th grade. Our music teacher put our music class into groups and we as a group had to choose a band. The 3 other guys and me chose AC/DC. This was an assignment so we had about a week or so to do our research and bring the tapes of the 3 songs we intended to play.

Of course this was so long ago I do not remember what we actually said about them other than that we liked them and their music. What makes this story funny (at least for me) was when we played the first song. We had chosen to play "Big Balls" from the album Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Needless to say that the class never got to hear the whole song. About a minute or so into the song, the teacher ordered us to turn it off. I remember that some of the other guys in the class were laughing but the girls really seemed either shocked or stunned. The teacher (an older female probably in her late 40's back then) was outraged (as I guess she had the right to be). We had to apologize to all the girls in the class and obviously we all got an "F" for our assignment.

Congratulation on your engagement!

I have similiar experience about picking a band and having to talk about them and playing a couple of songs from them. However, this happened when I was in the 7th grade. Our music teacher put our music class into groups and we as a group had to choose a band. The 3 other guys and me chose AC/DC. This was an assignment so we had about a week or so to do our research and bring the tapes of the 3 songs we intended to play.

Of course this was so long ago I do not remember what we actually said about them other than that we liked them and their music. What makes this story funny (at least for me) was when we played the first song. We had chosen to play "Big Balls" from the album Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap. Needless to say that the class never got to hear the whole song. About a minute or so into the song, the teacher ordered us to turn it off. I remember that some of the other guys in the class were laughing but the girls really seemed either shocked or stunned. The teacher (an older female probably in her late 40's back then) was outraged (as I guess she had the right to be). We had to apologize to all the girls in the class and obviously we all got an "F" for our assignment.

thankyou!

haha i can just imagine the scene!

i saw ac/dc live in 1975 . they were just starting out, and had only released " can i sit next to you, girl" and " baby please don't go", i think. a very small crowd of a few dozen or so went to see them at our little town hall. the crowd was so small, i felt sorry for them, but they played like there were thousands there. they sounded great. after the concert, we went backstage and talked to them. i got to try on angus' hat! very soon after, they took off really big in australia, and then the world.

they never played in our little town again. :(

I just graduated High School on Friday. Any advice?

For starters, congrats! Are you planning on going to college or getting any further education? I would think if you were you'd have already submitted an application and been accepted, if not.....are there any schools in your area that you're interested in?

For starters, congrats! Are you planning on going to college or getting any further education? I would think if you were you'd have already submitted an application and been accepted, if not.....are there any schools in your area that you're interested in?

I applied Early Action and got accepted at my first choice university. I won't disclose which college I'm attending this fall, but let's just say it's widely regarded as one of the best in the country B)

I applied Early Action and got accepted at my first choice university. I won't disclose which college I'm attending this fall, but let's just say it's widely regarded as one of the best in the country B)

I'll give you another hint, it's somewhere between #1 and #30 in the US News National University Rankings.

^^^

I couldn't imagine what it would be like going through high school today.

Starbreaker, Congratulations on your graduation and good luck at your university! Is it Stanford?

Catherine...good luck!

Congratulations! :) My advice would be to seek out leadership opportunities in organizations that are meaningful to you. Good luck!

Archived