Love Her Or Hate Her?

redrum

I don't think Page can be accused of a gimmick because he didn't perform occult rituals onstage. It was just a part of his personal life and he was a very private individual.

So we agree on something. However, he did make his passion for Crowley public by using his quote on LZ III and used various symbolism throughout his career. Not public in the sense that he spoke about it in interviews with the press, but still put it out there and added to the mystique of Zeppelin. Which I loved, BTW. Made them spooky and mysterious to many of us, especially in the late 70's when they didn't come to America anymore.

Crosby, Stills and Nash for you then, no gimmicks or theatrics there....

Marilyn Manson's a genius? News to me. I'm not a fan, nor do I dislike him but he's never struck me as a "genius".

Alice Cooper acts "stupid"? Also news to me. Are you referring to his on stage persona or how he conducts himself in interviews off stage? Either way, I've never gotten the impression that he acts stupid.

Go back and read the conversation and I said I think he acts dumb onstage but is the opposite of his onstage persona in real life. I also have repeated said he was a very talented individual. I see now it wasn't the right call to use the word stupid since everyone will understand the word in their own way apparently. This thread has gone so very far nowhere it's unbelievable.

I've only seen Alice in concert once (Theatre of Death tour in 2009) but I don't recall one incident of him behaving as though he was "stupid" on stage. Even if he did, I would chalk it up to being part of his on stage persona and wouldn't confuse it at all with how he acts off stage.

Archived