Jimmy Plays With Donovan

crabbygirl

It's being said on FBO that Jimmy might play tonight with Donovan at the Royal Albert Hall...Cross your fingers.

I think that was just suggested humorously as a "you never know." Still, you never know!

I heard this over a week ago - reported as a rumor/gossip, via an old friend (with ties/connections to those who are in the position to know). She lives in London and was quite serious (no humor intended), although she did stress to us that it was (at least at the time) just a rumor.

....I cannot believe this, to see Page on Stage!!!

Thank you guys !!!

The rumor about Jimmy appearing on stage with Donovan was rattling around in my head as we were talking about LZ's 1972 visit to India - and at times I wanted to say something but I promised my friend I wouldn't say a word about it (and I don't want to lose her confidence either)...but I feel a bit guilty now. :( I thought about the rumored appearance of Jimmy at Donovan's show (glad it happened!) when we were going through the process - I recalled a lot about about India, my own experiences there, Donovan's experiences there, learning more about Jimmy's trip there too...and now decades later they would (possibly...and then did) play together.

I'm hoping he'll be at Roy Harper's 70th birthday show at the RFH, as I have tickets in row B. It's advertised as "with very special guests".

Your post reminded me that I went to his 60th at the RFH just in case Jimmy played too - he didn't.

But you never know, so after wondering about what you've just posted I've purchased the very last regular ticket for the show (wheelchair tickets only left). So cheers for that; it will be a good night no matter who plays with him. :D

I think this is the reprise at the end, not the main performance of it earlier in the show.

The solo is definitely cut here. Watch Donovan during Jimmy's solo, in a split second he's back at the mic singing and the lighting is different...

The rumor about Jimmy appearing on stage with Donovan was rattling around in my head as we were talking about LZ's 1972 visit to India - and at times I wanted to say something but I promised my friend I wouldn't say a word about it (and I don't want to lose her confidence either)...but I feel a bit guilty now. :( I thought about the rumored appearance of Jimmy at Donovan's show (glad it happened!) when we were going through the process - I recalled a lot about about India, my own experiences there, Donovan's experiences there, learning more about Jimmy's trip there too...and now decades later they would (possibly...and then did) play together.

Hi MSG, it all worked out for the best, no worries; Chemistry between Donovan and Jimmy is amazing. I hope to see them together more, they have excellent understanding of each other - from that timeless era...

Went to Halfin's blog and he was at Journey/Foreigner the same night, no mention of Jimmy and Donovan. Kind of surprising, figured we'd get some good pictures from Ross...

Ross was already committed to shooting the Journey/Foreigner gig prior to Jimmy accepting Donovan's invitation.

Glad to see Jimmy back in the saddle where he belongs. Hopefully, it is something like this to give the inspiration to play more on stage and give us some new music. Looked like he was having a great time and sounded great.