Jimmy Plays With Donovan

crabbygirl

After watching and listening to a few of these posts, I come away a bit underwhelmed.

Sure it's nice to see Jimmy performing but each of the last few appearances he's made that I've seen, musically it's just, well, not that much.

I want to see him get out there a crank that mo'fo up and wail away !!!!!

Someone had said it's nice to see him back in the saddle. To me he's riding side saddle or in the cart, and NOT before the horse !

Will he get out on his own, unaccompanied on guitar LEADING the way, or continue being a sideshow ?

The clock is accelerating.

I love how the dark-haired violinist is shifting back and forth behind the bass so she can watch Jimmy. :)

Oh cool, I hadn't noticed before how all the orchestra members were watching Jimmy with dreamy, adoring smiles on their faces. :)

I wonder if JPJ was at all interested. He was the arranger and bassist for the original album.

Oh cool, I hadn't noticed before how all the orchestra members were watching Jimmy with dreamy, adoring smiles on their faces. :)

I wonder if JPJ was at all interested. He was the arranger and bassist for the original album.

The still photos I saw of this last night are very sweet - young women in the orchestra with dreamy, adoring smiles and mouths open in surprise and awe...it reminded me of photos you'd see of LZ/JP fans from decades ago. :)

I never hear anything in advance about JPJ and his activities at all so I don't whether he was approached by Donovan for this because of their earlier connection - someone else here might know.

Hi MSG, it all worked out for the best, no worries; Chemistry between Donovan and Jimmy is amazing. I hope to see them together more, they have excellent understanding of each other - from that timeless era...

Hi PlanetPage, thanks... I'll send you a message and a few more photos later today.:)

The young man in the orchestra had that same look! The Dark Lord's appeal is universal. All will come under his power...

I noticed the young male musician who was under the DL's "spell" too. Obviously the DL hasn't lost his universal appeal and or incredible aura...;)

The musicians looked awestruck, they probably can't believe that they are seeing "The Living Legend" himself!! It's sweet how they are smiling and shifting around to get a better look at Jimmy playing; I probably would have fallen out of my chair. Ahhh..to have been there...I would give anything to see him play live!!

The musicians looked awestruck, they probably can't believe that they are seeing "The Living Legend" himself!! It's sweet how they are smiling and shifting around to get a better look at Jimmy playing

They were waiting to hear new music...bah dum dum - rimshot :P

^^^

Thank you ladies and gents! Steve Jones will be appearing 3 times nightly...at 8, 10 and midnight.

Re Donovan and Jimmy, it's an idea so natural that you wonder why they didn't think to hook up earlier. Loving the footage...merci beaucoup to all who posted.

MSG or PlanetPage, if you could pm me some pictures too, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

^^^

Thank you ladies and gents! Steve Jones will be appearing 3 times nightly...at 8, 10 and midnight.

Re Donovan and Jimmy, it's an idea so natural that you wonder why they didn't think to hook up earlier. Loving the footage...merci beaucoup to all who posted.

MSG or PlanetPage, if you could pm me some pictures too, I'd greatly appreciate it. :)

Hi Strider;

....I thought of the same thing myself, I remember fans talked about so many possible collaborations for Page, well here he is with Donovan...

I make sure you get the photos,

I am following this long standing mystery of Zep '72 visit very closely, I will post any details/photos as they become available to me.......

This was posted on facebook tonight. It was suggested I share here. Not sure if it has been posted before. It's so beautiful!! And Jimmy looks especially beautiful!

254432_230127970332801_100000068008204_1061963_7979441_n.jpg

Thank you for sharing it here too, aen27. It's a lovely photo and I agree that Jimmy looks especially beautiful. ~MSG

When I watched this vid again I remembered that at one of Robert's shows I attended last year he dropped a pick (used on the washboard) and, as with Jimmy in this vid, he also made a little move when he recovered it. Both the pick recovery moves made by Jimmy and Robert were reminiscent to me of the way they both moved during their LZ years. Something in the body language and movement of each will always be recognizable to me.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=sdhzhF7HuoM

Thank you for sharing it here too, aen27. It's a lovely photo and I agree that Jimmy looks especially beautiful. ~MSG

I will second that sentiment!

I am so happy that Jimmy has gotten out on stage again!

Here is to hoping that he will make it a more frequent occurrence! :toast:

Looks like it was great fun for all involved. A classy way for Jimmy to re-emerge.

I agree very classy, tasteful. Way to go Jimmy! A grooooovy good time. I think one of the best things Page has done.

Also I think much credit goes to Donovan for hosting such a great show.

Archived