Television Commercials

lzzoso

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I don't consider it selling out at all - in fact when people say that sort of thing about the Stones, it bothers me. It seems that a band like the Rolling Stones got into rock music for 4 reasons:

(1) They had nothing else going for them as kids

(2) To write rock songs

(3) To earn many gold coins

(4) And to get laid

If it were Bono or Morrissey or Dylan, fine make fun of them all you want because they got into rock music for "artistic reasons" and like to make fun of people that Rolling Stone magazine makes fun of, artists who according to them are selfish money artists not 'deep thinkers'.

The only time I get annoyed is when a band or artists is chasing trends instead of being themselves which is fine as well because it's there life - who are we to say no?

I don't consider it selling out at all - in fact when people say that sort of thing about the Stones, it bothers me. It seems that a band like the Rolling Stones got into rock music for 4 reasons:

(1) They had nothing else going for them as kids

(2) To write rock songs

(3) To earn many gold coins

(4) And to get laid

If it were Bono or Morrissey or Dylan, fine make fun of them all you want because they got into rock music for "artistic reasons" and like to make fun of people that Rolling Stone magazine makes fun of, artists who according to them are selfish money artists not 'deep thinkers'.

The only time I get annoyed is when a band or artists is chasing trends instead of being themselves which is fine as well because it's there life - who are we to say no?

As Michael Winner said " Calm Down dear , It's only a commercial " .............I was commenting about The Who did album called " The Who sell out " with fake commercials ...The Stones had already done the real thing ..... " It ain't no hangin matter ..ain't no capital crime "

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived