Not so hot Zep songs

bouillon

166 members have voted

1. 1. Which are your THREE least favourite?

My two least favorite Zep songs are Livin Lovin Made, and Ozone Baby. The childish premise and lyrics of Ozone Baby, and the atrocious vocal harmonizer that is used on it, destroy the song for me. Carouselambra is in my top 10 favorite Zeppelin songs. A true epic masterpiece.

Just because people don't like a song doesn't make it bad does it? If that was the case, half of the groups that ever made records would be in trouble. I personally don't have a single black sabbath or deep purple track, that doesn't make them not so hot, it's just my opinion and loads of people would I daresay disagree with me. When I play a LZ album I play ALL the tracks I don't pass over any of them.

I cannot stand Since I Been Loving You. I'm not trying to provoke or be contrary I just find it deadly dull.

I like Livin' Lovin' Maid but I find it annoyingly easy on play on guitar and avoid it for that reason. :dont:

Edited by Boleskine

I want to go on record saying that there are no truly bad Zeppelin songs. I have favorite songs and least favorite songs, but I just listened to my two least favorite songs, and thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of them. And, I will also say that every note of In Through the Out Door is epic. This album is misunderstood by many, but it is a masterpiece when you really consider what was going on when this album was recorded. I can only imagine what would have followed. ITTOD was the bridge to a new era of Zeppelin. An era that we did not get to witness.

I want to go on record saying that there are no truly bad Zeppelin songs. I have favorite songs and least favorite songs, but I just listened to my two least favorite songs, and thoroughly enjoyed the hell out of them. And, I will also say that every note of In Through the Out Door is epic. This album is misunderstood by many, but it is a masterpiece when you really consider what was going on when this album was recorded. I can only imagine what would have followed. ITTOD was the bridge to a new era of Zeppelin. An era that we did not get to witness.

Well said.

• 1 month later...

I don't have a real dislike for any LZ songs. I will say that I got in to LZ when I was 15 and when at that time Presence and ITTOD didn't deliver the rush I found in LZ II, I didn't have much use for them. Fifteen years down the line after collecting everything I could official and boot wise, I decided to put a mixtape together using official songs that had never really been on my radar; primarily stuff from Presence, ITTOD and Coda. I ended up finding a whole new group of favorite songs. Common punching bags such as South Bound Suarez, Ozone Baby, I'm Gonna Crawl, Hots On, Carouselambra, Hot Dog, Candy Store, Darlene have all become indispensable favs. You may be surprised which songs, given some time, end up growing on you.

As far as hating Stairway, especially here, that sounds like straight up button pushing. I say like and dislike whatever you want, but as Brad pointed out it would be only fair to elaborate on what makes the song NOT tick. For the most part everyone else on this thread provided reasoning for their choices. Most fans would probably agree that STH showcases to some degree what is great about the band.

I've always thought a great rock concert is like a great roll in the hay. Catch a buzz before you go in, play a lot of favorites, some new stuff. Throw in a ballad or two to change up the rhythm. Spend about two hours giving everyone what they want, building momentum until you finish with a bang. Then head to Denny's. And I always felt STH was an that entire concert boiled down to song form. It's very "satisfying".

• 3 months later...

I find that some of the songs I didn't appreciated fully when I first got into Led Zeppelin tend to be my favourites now, Since I've been loving You, Achillies Last Stand & Dancing Days are three good examples. I find ITTOD & Coda quite patchy but up until then I think every LP they put out was class from start to finish.

Hi Janet,

Yes, i absolutly love it, as it reminds me of the 78 world cup, and i can honestly say that there is not ONE song of theirs that i dont like, skip or wont play, and thats called having a love affair with the band, something that has been going on with them and me for 40 years plus.

Regards, Danny

It reminds you of the 78 World Cup? It was released like a year and a half later?

You may have your infos mixed with all the inconditional love affair with the band. Plant wrote it inspired by the World cup.

• 10 months later...

I'm actually surprised by the choices. Living Loving Maid and D'yer Mak'er are some of my favourites by them. In Through the Out Door was my least favourite album by them so I'd say Hot Dog, Carouselambra, and Fool in the Rain.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Basically all of In Through The Out Door is horrid, with the exceptions of In The Evening, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl which are brilliant.

Hot Dog is the worst of the lot, but Carouselambra, and Fool in the Rain are terrible also. 

South Bound Suarez is passable.

I'd rather forget that album.

Basically all of In Through The Out Door is horrid, with the exceptions of In The Evening, All My Love and I'm Gonna Crawl which are brilliant.

Hot Dog is the worst of the lot, but Carouselambra, and Fool in the Rain are terrible also. 

Agree to disagree, but Carouselambra is one of my favorite Zeppelin songs ever. I kind of agree with Hotdog, but disagree with the rest of what you said

I agree.  To me Presence is the last real Zeppelin album.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2014 at 8:36 PM, The Dark Lord said:

My thoughts exactly. What we are doing here is merely listing our least favorites and I had a hard time getting to three.

I agree with you on ITTOD. Very underrated and too often ignored. Many think JP took the album off but if you pay attention, the guitar playing is there on every song. Oh, what they might have gone on to achieve if not for Bonzo's very Good Doctor-like vodka consumption.

Ozone baby and Living Loving Maid would be good songs for bands not Led Zeppelin. Darlene would be my 3rd, not on the list.  Hot Dog also deserves every vote it got. Very surprised that Hats Off and Carouselambra were even on this list, much less getting the most votes.  Recount!