Political correctness

bouillon

No, its bullshite. Racism is about actions not words, a Racist can use a Derogotory Word, so can a Non Racist, but only a Racist has his heart full of Hatred, its his behavior towards others that make him a Racist, his actions, not his words, just my opinion based on my interaction with the world you understand?

Regards, Danny

PS, I see it for what it is nothing else, TypeO started the name calling not me, i have nothing against him or anyone else on here but once you start name calling with me, well you know only too well dont you Liz?

I know people who's words would seem very inappropriate to the politically correct, however I would trust these same people to give blacks a fairer shake than those who enjoy jumping on PC band wagon.

Name calling is TypeO's M.O.

I know people who's words would seem very inappropriate to the politically correct, however I would trust these same people to give blacks a fairer shake than those who enjoy jumping on PC band wagon.

Thank you Gospel Zone, and for the heads up, you seem to know people better than me. :thanku:

Kind Regards, Danny

Big Dan, I actually know a number of white South Africans that have moved here that are in the golf industry/sport. Some support what you are saying that too much is being done to advance those who were at a disadvantage for all those years. Same can be said for people here in the U.S.. Others believe that black South Africans were systematically reduced to basically less than human and that the changes that have come about since the 90's are good for their entire country.

Whatever the case, it's not being politically correct to treat people fairly, just being a decent person. That seems to more of a foreign concept anymore.

Ah so you have some good reference then Walter?

Everything that was South Africa under the Apartheid was and is deplorable, inhuman and totally unexceptable, and this new regime is no different, its based on anti-white racism and is just as deplorable, do you know of the plight of white farmers? no not on here.

Regards, Danny

As a name for an animal, my nan had a black cat called Nigger when i was a child, it had a claw inbeddedd in its nose and was one hell of a fighter, something i have found in all Black People that i have ever met.

If, and i say if, i ever used that word it would be meant as an insult, but not as a RASIST SLUR, if you cant understand that then that is your problem and explains why the word bothers you and the Black Community so much, untill that changes there really is no hope for Humanity is there?

TRUE RACISM

Jewish HATRED for Palestinians

Palestinian HATRED for Jews

Muslim HATRED for Jews and Christians and Hindus

North Saharan African Muslim HATRED for South Saharan Black Christians

Zimbabwes treatment of White Farmers

South Africas treatment of its White Population

What i have missed out feel free to add.

Regards, Danny

PS, Scotch, Irish and Welsh HATRED for the English when their anger should be directed to the Norman Overlords that the English have had to put up with for nearly 1000 years.

Dan,I usually have a look at your posts.They are normally good for a smirk as I feel that a good bit of what you post is pretty tongue in cheek but now and again you go off the rails.Well mate,you've left the tracks days ago with some of the stuff your banging out lately.For the love of Mike,all Irish and Welsh people do not HATE the English.Of course I want to see Wales hammer you in every sporting event going,thats only natural,but HATE you and your part of Great Britain?Never.Working in the building trade all my life,I've also come across a good number of Irish lads.The vast majority,even allowing for the history between the islands of Ireland and the U.K., feel exactly the same way as myself.Maybe you've had bad experiences with people in the past,I don't know,but don't tar us all with the same brush because we are all not the same.The one area I could find some agreement with you on this subject is the Scots.To virtually a man they do indeed hate the English,and I mean hate.It doesn't stop the so and so's all leaving Scotland to chase the money when they have too mind you,but maybe that's me being cynical.Changing the subject a bit,let them have that "independence".They'll be bankrupt within six months.Anyhow that's enough from me,proud to be Welsh,proud to be British.

Hi TypeO,

Try putting me on Permanent Ignore, it seems to have worked for SAJ, Jahfin and Hotplant, it might do for you also. ;)

Regards, Danny

i laugh and have a good think about most of your posts, danny, but it's these ones that make me fall out of my chair...

Dan,I usually have a look at your posts.They are normally good for a smirk as I feel that a good bit of what you post is pretty tongue in cheek but now and again you go off the rails.Well mate,you've left the tracks days ago with some of the stuff your banging out lately.For the love of Mike,all Irish and Welsh people do not HATE the English.Of course I want to see Wales hammer you in every sporting event going,thats only natural,but HATE you and your part of Great Britain?Never.Working in the building trade all my life,I've also come across a good number of Irish lads.The vast majority,even allowing for the history between the islands of Ireland and the U.K., feel exactly the same way as myself.Maybe you've had bad experiences with people in the past,I don't know,but don't tar us all with the same brush because we are all not the same.The one area I could find some agreement with you on this subject is the Scots.To virtually a man they do indeed hate the English,and I mean hate.It doesn't stop the so and so's all leaving Scotland to chase the money when they have too mind you,but maybe that's me being cynical.Changing the subject a bit,let them have that "independence".They'll be bankrupt within six months.Anyhow that's enough from me,proud to be Welsh,proud to be British.

Hi Walesdad,

I have had some very bad experiances with Scotch, Irish and Welsh, especially when they were drunk, the real hatred came out then, along with some teeth, happily not mine, but you are right, not all carry the hatred, but enough do to have made an enemy of me. I've visited all the Home Countries to have sen the hatred first hand, OK not everywhere, but it is still there, inherent in the Culture.

But i hold no grudges, Ally is a Scott and a very proud and good one at that and one i call friend, as i hope i can you. My point is this, people become Racist because their Culture, Parents, and Ethos support the Hatred, from generation to generation and it is a pointless exercise to try to point it out to them and a total waste of time trying to get others who have not experiance their Hatred to see what you see and what you have experianced, you understand dont you?

Proud to be English, only because we are the most Civilised People the world has ever known, well we welcome all our enemies as if they were brothers, how much more civilised can you get, and we Hate no one, execpt the rich of course. ;):lol:

Kind Regards, Danny

i laugh and have a good think about most of your posts, danny, but it's these ones that make me fall out of my chair...

Hi Beat,

My only chore is to encourage you to attend classed more frequently so sometimes i have to put on a show for you, if i can make you chuckle as well then my life is complete. :D

Please feel free to put me to rights as others have done, but never, ever, can call me names, and especially never call me late for me viddles. ;)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

No, its bullshite. Racism is about actions not words, a Racist can use a Derogotory Word, so can a Non Racist, but only a Racist has his heart full of Hatred, its his behavior towards others that make him a Racist, his actions, not his words, just my opinion based on my interaction with the world you understand?Regards, Danny

PS, I see it for what it is nothing else, TypeO started the name calling not me, i have nothing against him or anyone else on here but once you start name calling with me, well you know only too well dont you Liz?

the best and truest post in this thread. it's only a WORD. thanks, danny!

from one of my heros on the subject, the late george carlin:

"...There's a different group to get pissed off at you in this country for everything your not supposed to say. Can't say Nigger, Boogie, Jig, Jigaboo, Skinhead, Moolimoolinyon, Schvatzit, Junglebunny. Greaser, Greaseball, Dago, Guinea, Whop, Ginzo, Kike, Zebe, Heed, Yid, Mocky, Himie, Mick, Donkey, Turkey, Limey, Frog. Zip, Zipperhead, Squarehead, Crout, Hiney, Jerry, Hun, Slope, Slopehead, Chink, Gook. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of those words in and of themselves. Their only words. It's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that makes them good or bad. The words are completely neutral. The words are innocent. I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bullshit! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad. For instance, you take the word "Nigger." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "Nigger" in and of itself. It's the racist asshole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about. We don't mind when Richard Pryer or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know they're not racist. Their Niggers! Context. Context. We don't mind their context because we know they're black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother-fucker myself. Don't bother my ass. They're only words. You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country...." (and every forum on the internet-present company excepted, of course!)

By the way, what the fuck does two spaces after a period have to do with this topic?

Try reading the thread instead of cherry-picking comments to respond to and you'd already know.

Hi Beat,

My only chore is to encourage you to attend classed more frequently so sometimes i have to put on a show for you, if i can make you chuckle as well then my life is complete. :D

Please feel free to put me to righst as others have done, but never, ever, can call me names, and especially never call me late for me viddles. ;)

Very Kind Regards, Danny

you're doing fine, mate. excellent thread, been enjoying myself. words seem even more powerful when posted behind a screen name, it seems to me. we only have a surface opinion of someone's true feelings and when an opinion is expressed, we sometimes guess at what might have been meant. a good game, that, as it allows us to hold people to what they say and not always what they mean. and by the way, whoever posted the sanford and son clip, thanks! a personal favorite of mine...

the best and truest post in this thread. it's only a WORD. thanks, danny!

from one of my heros on the subject, the late george carlin:

"...There's a different group to get pissed off at you in this country for everything your not supposed to say. Can't say Nigger, Boogie, Jig, Jigaboo, Skinhead, Moolimoolinyon, Schvatzit, Junglebunny. Greaser, Greaseball, Dago, Guinea, Whop, Ginzo, Kike, Zebe, Heed, Yid, Mocky, Himie, Mick, Donkey, Turkey, Limey, Frog. Zip, Zipperhead, Squarehead, Crout, Hiney, Jerry, Hun, Slope, Slopehead, Chink, Gook. There is absolutely nothing wrong with any of those words in and of themselves. Their only words. It's the context that counts. It's the user. It's the intention behind the words that makes them good or bad. The words are completely neutral. The words are innocent. I get tired of people talking about bad words and bad language. Bullshit! It's the context that makes them good or bad. The context. That makes them good or bad. For instance, you take the word "Nigger." There is absolutely nothing wrong with the word "Nigger" in and of itself. It's the racist asshole who's using it that you ought to be concerned about. We don't mind when Richard Pryer or Eddie Murphy say it. Why? Because we know they're not racist. Their Niggers! Context. Context. We don't mind their context because we know they're black. Hey, I know I'm whitey, the blue-eyed devil, paddy-o, fay gray boy, honkey, mother-fucker myself. Don't bother my ass. They're only words. You can't be afraid of words that speak the truth, even if it's an unpleasant truth, like the fact that there's a bigot and a racist in every living room on every street corner in this country...." (and every forum on the internet-present company excepted, of course!)

Hi Beat, and thanks,really thanks, but didnt i already say just that? I cant believe you can actually substatiate the truth in my words, why some people had me thinking i was that "White Honkey Motherfcuking Racist Bigot" that they were i believe calling me, just goes to show how wrong one can be doesnt it?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, The jusy is still out on whether i'm a "Misogynistic Jew and Gay Hating Motherfcuking Arsehole" though. :o;):lol:

Hi Beat, and thanks,really thanks, but didnt i already say just that? I cant believe you can actually substatiate the truth in my words, why some people had me thinking i was that "White Honkey Motherfcuking Racist Bigot" that they were i believe calling me, just goes to show how wrong one can be doesnt it?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

PS, The jusy is still out on whether i'm a "Misogynistic Jew and Gay Hating Motherfcuking Arsehole" though. :o;):lol:

well, the jury is in. danny hates everybody! :D

Actually my M.O. is handing people their ass when they make idiotic remarks.

When they are unable to counter the points I make in my reasoned arguments, the only recourse said people are left with is to accuse me of name-calling.

Predictable as always, GZ.

i can't resist adding a little more carlin to this discussion. i must add first that he is pointedly speaking of americans and their use of language, so i've been interested to read in this thread some of the differences in other english speaking countries or provinces....

"I don't like words that hide the truth. I don't words that conceal reality. I don't like euphemisms, or euphemistic language. And American English is loaded with euphemisms. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Americans have trouble facing the truth, so they invent the kind of a soft language to protest themselves from it, and it gets worse with every generation. For some reason, it just keeps getting worse. I'll give you an example of that. There's a condition in combat. Most people know about it. It's when a fighting person's nervous system has been stressed to it's absolute peak and maximum. Can't take anymore input. The nervous system has either (click) snapped or is about to snap. In the first world war, that condition was called shell shock. Simple, honest, direct language. Two syllables, shell shock. Almost sounds like the guns themselves. That was seventy years ago. Then a whole generation went by and the second world war came along and very same combat condition was called battle fatigue. Four syllables now. Takes a little longer to say. Doesn't seem to hurt as much. Fatigue is a nicer word than shock. Shell shock! Battle fatigue. Then we had the war in Korea, 1950. Madison avenue was riding high by that time, and the very same combat condition was called operational exhaustion. Hey, were up to eight syllables now! And the humanity has been squeezed completely out of the phrase. It's totally sterile now. Operational exhaustion. Sounds like something that might happen to your car. Then of course, came the war in Viet Nam, which has only been over for about sixteen or seventeen years, and thanks to the lies and deceits surrounding that war, I guess it's no surprise that the very same condition was called post-traumatic stress disorder. Still eight syllables, but we've added a hyphen! And the pain is completely buried under jargon. Post-traumatic stress disorder. I'll bet you if we'd of still been calling it shell shock, some of those Viet Nam veterans might have gotten the attention they needed at the time. I'll betcha....."

i can't resist adding a little more carlin to this discussion. i must add first that he is pointedly speaking of americans and their use of language, so i've been interested to read in this thread some of the differences in other english speaking countries or provinces....

"I don't like words that hide the truth. I don't words that conceal reality. I don't like euphemisms, or euphemistic language. And American English is loaded with euphemisms. Cause Americans have a lot of trouble dealing with reality. Americans have trouble facing the truth, so they invent the kind of a soft language to protest themselves from it, and it gets worse with every generation. For some reason, it just keeps getting worse. I'll give you an example of that. There's a condition in combat. Most people know about it. It's when a fighting person's nervous system has been stressed to it's absolute peak and maximum. Can't take anymore input. The nervous system has either (click) snapped or is about to snap. In the first world war, that condition was called shell shock. Simple, honest, direct language. Two syllables, shell shock. Almost sounds like the guns themselves. That was seventy years ago. Then a whole generation went by and the second world war came along and very same combat condition was called battle fatigue. Four syllables now. Takes a little longer to say. Doesn't seem to hurt as much. Fatigue is a nicer word than shock. Shell shock! Battle fatigue. Then we had the war in Korea, 1950. Madison avenue was riding high by that time, and the very same combat condition was called operational exhaustion. Hey, were up to eight syllables now! And the humanity has been squeezed completely out of the phrase. It's totally sterile now. Operational exhaustion. Sounds like something that might happen to your car. Then of course, came the war in Viet Nam, which has only been over for about sixteen or seventeen years, and thanks to the lies and deceits surrounding that war, I guess it's no surprise that the very same condition was called post-traumatic stress disorder. Still eight syllables, but we've added a hyphen! And the pain is completely buried under jargon. Post-traumatic stress disorder. I'll bet you if we'd of still been calling it shell shock, some of those Viet Nam veterans might have gotten the attention they needed at the time. I'll betcha....."

"FCUKING A" for an American you are one hell of an Englishman Beatbo, you are now ordered to stay on this forum and post at least 10 posts daily, i'll do the same amount of Hail Marys and i'll see ya in hell at the Led Zeppelin Reunion Party in a few decades, wadausay?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

so why after saying "Its Over" do you persue me again in this thread.

It was rhetorical, a joke.

I dont have RACIST BELIEFS and if you continue to accuse me of it I WILL REPORT YOU, got that?

Do I "got that?"

Why are you so defensive at being called a racist?

It is, after all, just a word.

A neutral word, just like "nigger".

At least you're consistently inconsistent.

Black people shouldn't be concerned with being called a nigger, but call you a racist and it's time to start reporting!

lulz, what a joke.

PPS, I just reread your post and in all your Haterd and Red Mist towards me i see you have made a very basic error in trying to Brand me a Racist, I never said i USE that word or

condone the USE of it,

you seem to imply that is not the case, can you clarify that for me between your bouts of Anger?

Your entire participation in this discussion has been condoning the use of the word, because it is, as you keep insisting, just a word, with no racist implications.

If you don't condone the use of the word, if you're not defending the right of people to use it, then what is this whole debate even about?

Again, you contradict yourself.

And what's with all the "angry" remarks, I'm hardly angry.

Am I passionate in confronting racism?

Yep, I sure am.

But I'm hardly angry.

In fact, I'm enjoying a BlueBell Natural Vanilla Bean chocolate milkshake right now, and it's a proven fact that it's impossible to be angry while eating BlueBell Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream.

Look it up, it's science.

It was rhetorical, a joke.

Do I "got that?"

Why are you so defensive at being called a racist?

It is, after all, just a word.

A neutral word, just like "nigger".

At least you're consistently inconsistent.

Black people shouldn't be concerned with being called a nigger, but call you a racist and it's time to start reporting!

lulz, what a joke.

Your entire participation in this discussion has been condoning the use of the word, because it is, as you keep insisting, just a word, with no racist implications.

If you don't condone the use of the word, if you're not defending the right of people to use it, then what is this whole debate even about?

Again, you contradict yourself.

And what's with all the "angry" remarks, I'm hardly angry.

Am I passionate in confronting racism?

Yep, I sure am.

But I'm hardly angry.

In fact, I'm enjoying a BlueBell Natural Vanilla Bean chocolate milkshake right now, and it's a proven fact that it's impossible to be angry while eating BlueBell Natural Vanilla Bean ice cream.

Look it up, it's science.

Sorry Mate, didnt someone tell you, the train at platform 6 left an hour ago and i was on it, had to attend a Red Neck meeting of my Local KKK and White Supremacy Group, I would have invited you but you know? didnt think you would appreciate the Lecture, sorry. :slapface:

Regards, Danny

"FCUKING A" for an American you are one hell of an Englishman Beatbo, you are now ordered to stay on this forum and post at least 10 posts daily, i'll do the same amount of Hail Marys and i'll see ya in hell at the Led Zeppelin Reunion Party in a few decades, wadausay?

Very Kind Regards, Danny

i think carlin is right, people are soft when it comes to language. that's the point of this thread, right? and it shouldn't matter where you live, call it like it is..

:goodpost:

that is so true. many words and phrases have been softened these days.

it seems that each generation gets " softer " and more politically correct than the previous one.

i say call a spade a spade ( or a bloody shovel! ).

i think carlin is right, people are soft when it comes to language. that's the point of this thread, right? and it shouldn't matter where you live, call it like it is..

Your right as usual Beat, i just wish i could debate with someone who didnt get personal towards me, thats like a Red Rag to a Bull as far as i'm concerned, we should be able to debate gracefully using humour rather than insults, like we do. :yesnod:

Very Kind Regards, Danny

Archived