JPJ '75 Tone?

I have two matching early acoustic 371's set ups (matching 301 cab and 370 head) I've only used one set so far but I have a big show coming up where I will use both cabs and both heads :) As far as the 360, my friend has that one right now. Everything is pretty early 70's I think Acoustic was founded in 68 when the 360 came out.

For those who don't know, the 360 and 370 are almost identical, the 360 however, had the amp in the bottom of the cab with the head only being the preamp. Heavy and loud as fuck but the best bass sound in the world :)

I agree to some amount. If you play near the neck more of course you'll have a JPJ-like tone. But you can't get his tone by using a P-Bass with active pickups and Marshall bass amps. I say it's 40/60 (40 being equipment) What I think really affects the tone is the controls on the bass itself. I like to have my neck at 100% and my bridge at around 75% to replicate his sound somewhat good. His tone knob varies song to song in my opinion. And songs where he uses a pick, it sounds like he has both pickups at 100 sometimes, or he has the neck at 0% and the bridge at 100%. I can go on ranting forever. Sorry :)

I do agree with that, very well said.

I have two matching early acoustic 371's set ups (matching 301 cab and 370 head) I've only used one set so far but I have a big show coming up where I will use both cabs and both heads :) As far as the 360, my friend has that one right now. Everything is pretty early 70's I think Acoustic was founded in 68 when the 360 came out.

For those who don't know, the 360 and 370 are almost identical, the 360 however, had the amp in the bottom of the cab with the head only being the preamp. Heavy and loud as fuck but the best bass sound in the world :)

You should save up for the re-issue Acoustic 360 coming out soon. :)

Archived