THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE

BIGDAN

Hi All,

Here's one for Intelligent thought and Debate.

Language changes about 1% every 10 years so English has change beyond recognition in the 1500 years since it came to our shores, its still evolving and here are some of my suggestions to help make it a clearer and a more comprehensive language, please feel free to add or criticize as you see fit.

The use of the letter "C" on its own is now redundant and can be substituted by the letters "S" and "K".

OLD SPELLING.....................NEW SPELLING

Christ........................................Krist

Colour.......................................Kular

Corn.........................................Korn

Coventry...................................Koventry

Clear.........................................Klear

Celery.......................................Selery

Celestial....................................Selestial

Cedar.......................................Sedar

Celebrate..................................Selebrate

Celebrity...................................Selebrity

Have fun people.

Regards, Danny

That would create some really odd situations, like beeing a member of the Koventry Kountry Klub.

I haven't a Klu to what you are on about, but i like it. :lol:

Regards, Danny

Cylinder.............Silinder

Ah, I think I see what you did there.

It's not very big, Dan, and it's certainly not very klever. But just to humour you, I'll play along. How about K18?

Good luck making it back up next year, btw. Not.

Ah, I think I see what you did there.

It's not very big, Dan, and it's certainly not very klever. But just to humour you, I'll play along. How about K18?

Good luck making it back up next year, btw. Not.

Hi Bouillon,

Are you TRYING to goad me by any chance? :o

K18? you got me there, kone eight? na, its just me thinking out loud.

We will storm that league, just you wait and see.

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Cafe-Kaff or Kaffe

They tried to introduce phonetic spelling into our education system a while ago but it didn't last.

Slightly off topic but, I'm thinking of starting a transport business called Phark Hauliers!

They tried to introduce phonetic spelling into our education system a while ago but it didn't last.

Slightly off topic but, I'm thinking of starting a transport business called Phark Hauliers!

Hi Reg,

And theres me thinking i was original. :slapface:

There is a Kaffe in Chelsea called "Phat Phuc" and every time i pass it i giggle, i dont know why. ;)

Kind Regards, Danny

PS, Phark Hauliers! ? :huh:

PPS, Got it Reg, very droll indeed. ;)

Come on Spider your an English teacher, what use is the letter "C" ? :o

Regards, Danny

hI bIGDAN. GREAT non wimpy thread here:):):)

Phonetically speaking, the letters "C" + S sounds at the end of words like X or KS that's why computer geeks are starting to use the word "thanx" instead of "thanks". On a wider note, our American pals here can confirm how they have changed the classical English spelling of manyy words, e.g.

U.S spelling UK spelling

nite night

traveling travelling

center centre

meter metre

hI bIGDAN. GREAT non wimpy thread here:):):)

Phonetically speaking, the letters "C" + S sounds at the end of words like X or KS that's why computer geeks are starting to use the word "thanx" instead of "thanks". On a wider note, our American pals here can confirm how they have changed the classical English spelling of manyy words, e.g.

U.S spelling UK spelling

nite night

traveling travelling

center centre

meter metre

Hi Spider,

I love they way our Americans Friends have transformed the English language by getting rid of superfluous letters. :D

I intend to carry on their work and campaign for the excomunication of the letter "C" whilst used on its own from our language, will you help?

Regards, Danny

PS, Cosy-Kosy

Hi Spider,

I love they way our Americans Friends have transformed the English language by getting rid of superfluous letters. :D

I intend to carry on their work and campaign for the excomunication of the letter "C" whilst used on its own from our language, will you help?

Regards, Danny

PS, Cosy-Kosy

Of course, anything to better the language is most welcome by me. There are many aspects of our language that need reviewing!!:):)

Of course, anything to better the language is most welcome by me. There are many aspects of our language that need reviewing!!:):)

Hi Spider,

Please feel free to expand and take the lead role, you are more suited to it than me, and you have the credentials. :D

Regards, Danny

PS, Cake-Kake

There are big differences between English and American :)

Really, whenever I watch a British football match I can understand what the announcers are saying but I haven't a clue what they mean.

Seriously.

Start changing around letters in words that I do understand and I'd be lost forever.

American isn't a language. American English however, is. The only real substantive differences I can think of between British English and American English are spelling (we don't put "u" between the o and r in words like honor, color, valor, or glamor), colloquialisms (fanny in the UK is vagina, here it's your ass; fag in the UK can mean cigarette, here it's a slur against gays), and minor pronunciations. All those combined are probably what......5% of all the common English words spoken by people in both countries?

Hi Spider,

Please feel free to expand and take the lead role, you are more suited to it than me, and you have the credentials. :D

Regards, Danny

PS, Cake-Kake

Sorry, mate.....there are too many IGNORANT people on this forum for me to take the lead role. Since it's an interesting and appealing topic, I will keep on reading and contributing to it as I feel just :):)!:D

That's not what you said to BIGDAN in another thread less than an hour before this post. What was it? Oh yeah, he's a dunce - until he strokes your ego. Hypocrite! Or to stay on topic - hypokrite.

Sorry, mate.....there are too many IGNORANT people on this forum for me to take the lead role. Since it's an interesting and appealing topic, I will keep on reading and contributing to it as I feel just :):)!:D

That will do for me Spider. ;)

Regards, Danny

PS, Catflap-Pxxxyflap.... na, i'de never get away with it would i? :o;):lol:

Catflap-Katflap

That's not what you said to BIGDAN in another thread less than an hour before this post. What was it? Oh yeah, he's a dunce - until he strokes your ego. Hypocrite! Or to stay on topic - hypokrite.

I thought he was refering to Knebby about being a "Dunce" and she is as far from that as one can be, but it was really nice of yo to Kum to my defence, i feel like a Distressed Damsel who has just been resqueued by a Charming Night in Shiny Armour, i feel most bermused.

Regards, Danny

Hi Walter,

The last time i caught a dude licking my arse i shouted "Oiiiiiiiii, you've got 10 minutes to stop that" :o:blink::lol:

Regards, Danny

Archived