16 Awesome Led Zeppelin Covers

Jahfin

16 Awesome Led Zeppelin Covers

mwledzeppelin_300x240.jpg

By Andrea Kszystyniak

Trent Reznor and Karen O recently released a cover of Led Zeppelin’s “Immigrant Song” for the soundtrack to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. We liked it so much, we went on a search for some other covers of Zeppelin classics. These bad boys revolutionized music — who wouldn’t want to imitate them? The awesome covers listed below may make you wanna “Bron-Y-Aur Stomp” the night away, feel like you yourself are ascending the “Stairway to Heaven” or leave you just plain “Dazed and Confused.”

For a list of the covers click here.

was lucky enough to see zappa do stairway here on his last tour....he also did "i am the walrus"

was a surprise to say the least....but fun

one of the first zep covers i remember was stanley jorden doing stairway

what ever happened to him?

Blind Melon once did a cover of a LZ song...don't remember which one though..........

Out on the Tiles.

Joe Bonamassa''s cover of Tea For One should have been on there, but hes not 'popular' enough or whatever.

Joe Bonamassa''s cover of Tea For One should have been on there, but hes not 'popular' enough or whatever.

To the contrary, I'd say Joe Bonamassa is fairly well known (I heard of him as far back as his band Bloodline in the early 90s and I'm sure I'm not alone), it probably has more to do with Paste not being aimed at the traditional Zeppelin fan (or at least the ones I see reflected here that have a near zero sense of musical adventure). Thus, the inclusion of artists such as Elliot Smith and Jeff Buckley. Plus, it's like any list, there's no way everyone's favorites are ever going to be included.

Archived