knebworth

Friends

I have both the 4th and the 11th Knebworth concerts on dvd and I think that they are both Great.

August 4, 1979 includes "Ten Years Gone".

August 11, 1979 does not include "Ten Years Gone" but does have "Communication Breakdown".

Both dvds I have of each concert are of very decent quality. I say better to have a decent/above decent quality dvd of these shows then no quality of them at all.

1. 4th was better than 11th.

2. The only people who don't rate the shows highly are people who weren't there, but who really, really wish they had been.

I recently obtained the 30th Anniversary Remastered disc set and the playing is marginally better on the 4th.

I don't agree with your second point as there are some crappy recordings out there that I don't rate at all.

I wasn't there and I don't regret not being there nor have I ever "wished" I had been.

Not saying it wouldn't have been a great experience but having seen them once before is more than a lot of people were able to do.

I can't see the hate for the 11th I meaan jimmy page is about 6/10 on it plant was great and john and john were perfect.

Page was fucked from the drugs but the rest were playing superb on BOTH nights.

Where's the hate for the 11th? Most people agree, as do I, that the show on the 4th was better. They sounded really inspired, played well and delivered a really good gig - especially from circumstances they were returning from. The 11th was alright, IMO, but the energy wasn't quite as high and the playing not quite as good. Just my opinion, not trying to sway you in any way. I look forward to August and reviewing those videos in celebration of their 32nd anniversary.

Hi All,

I was present at both shows, best days of my life up untill then without question, wished i lived in America if only to follow their tours, only the birth of my kids would eclipse them, and i would like to know how to seperate those two magic days and performances? I for one cant, and wouldnt even try, it would be sacrilidge, i taped the first show on my ghetto blaster much to Mr Grants disgust and i have dozens of bootlegs of both shows (dozens is a bit of an exaggeration) maybe i'm too much of a worshiper to be objective? i do tend to act as if Led Zeppelin is a Religion rather than just the best group that ever walked the planet, but thats just me, and you all know what a nutter i am dont you? :lol:

Regards, Danny

The 4th is a great show.

The 11th is good only because the other 3 were great, but JImmy is a god awful mess on the 11th, and that's the truth. I can't watch or listen to the 11th.

Hi BlueKongo,

I dont remember it like that, when you are there in person the event takes you to a different place where you can see nothing but the event, you dont see the mistakes because you are in real time and it moves so kwickly, but i'll take your word for it that you dont care much for the 11th, i'll try and have a listen again and be more objective, but dont hold your breath. ;)

Regards, Danny

Yes I agree I'm sure if I'd have been there in person I would've loved it, I mean who wouldn't get caught up in that excitement?

But I just watched that Rock nRoll vid posted above, Jimmy, yikes.

But I love Zep and Jimmy all the same.

Hi BlueKongo,

I dont remember it like that, when you are there in person the event takes you to a different place where you can see nothing but the event, you dont see the mistakes because you are in real time and it moves so kwickly, but i'll take your word for it that you dont care much for the 11th, i'll try and have a listen again and be more objective, but dont hold your breath. ;)

Regards, Danny

Yes I agree I'm sure if I'd have been there in person I would've loved it, I mean who wouldn't get caught up in that excitement?

But I just watched that Rock nRoll vid posted above, Jimmy, yikes.

But I love Zep and Jimmy all the same.

GOODONYA. :D

Regards, Danny

Well if it's Cheryl Cole.....then maybe!

Hi BC,

Ide love to, but that voice is to die for isnt it? well at least i would want to die if i had to listen to it. :o;):lol:

Great Looking Broad all the same, but i think shes Gazzas Cousin or someink. :o

Regards, Danny

4th was indeed better than the 11th. Jimmy is way more solid and less humidity in the air, causing for him to look like he finished a show during Black Dog on the 11th. Plant sounds solid on both nights, but the 4th shows him a bit better. John and John are always the tight as shit rhythm section on both nights, but The energy captured better on the 4th. You get the complete video/SB from the 11th, but for the 4th, a few seconds of White Summer are gone and the last 90 seconds to WLL. WLL can be fixed easily with adding the missing section from the Led Zeppelin DVD, which the missing part is completely intact. Be sure to keep the audience audio during this part, as there is an edit on the soundtrack on this part of the clip.

Archived