Stupid people

bouillon

On 2/19/2020 at 4:17 PM, kipper said:

Yep, and they are all voting for the guy who looks like Larry David this year.

On 2/19/2020 at 9:24 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

I don't think you really want to get into a debate about looks when Trump is your man.

Larry David would be an improvement on all of these bozos.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 8:33 PM, PeaceFrogYum said:

Meh, you can have Larry David, give me Julia Louise-Dreyfus. She already nailed it as Veep.

I kind of like the one who played his wife in Curb Your Enthusiasm

Cheryl Hines

a1b4e2b22bcd7f5cc3e4bd2f20116603.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

In these times of weirdness, I was queueing ( we do like to queue)  outside our village Post Office as it's one in one out. It was a pleasant afternoon and a few folks and myself were chatting away keeping our distance.

It came to my turn and I pulled up my snood to protect both myself and the workers in the P.O. Immediately a guy came in, who hadn't bothered to queue, and almost stood next to me. He looked at me and said " good grief some people are taking it to the extreme"Even the Postmaster got a bit angry. What a fucking prick. What exactly did he think he was doing. We have to protect ourselves and others and he didn't give a shit.

Edited by chillumpuffer

32 minutes ago, chillumpuffer said:

In these times of weirdness, I was queueing ( we do like to queue)  outside our village Post Office as it's one in one out. It was a pleasant afternoon and a few folks and myself were chatting away keeping our distance.

It came to my turn and I pulled up my snood to protect both myself and the workers in the P.O. Immediately a guy came in, who hadn't bothered to queue, and almost stood next to me. He looked at me and said " good grief some people are taking it to the extreme"Even the Postmaster got a bit angry. What a fucking prick. What exactly did he think he was doing. We have to protect ourselves and others and he didn't give a shit.

Some people are just clueless. I guess they either don't read the papers, or believe this highly infectious virus is a hoax or something.

I was reading a local report where a police officer wrote a fine to someone who he observed spitting on the sidewalk, a violation which has been on the books for over 100 years but never enforced. Anyone who thinks about some of these social distancing requirements and other health violations like expectorating in public only needs to read the history books to know why they were important.

Years ago I read that in Singapore you could get 6 months in jail and a good whipping for spitting on the ground.  We in western cultures could use some of that stern enforcement to get stupid people to follow the program.

These church people are just the dumbest out there. Now though I am agnostic for the most part I do believe in a god or primus moblius of some sort and understand people turning to faith in this time of need. However, you do not need to surround yourself with 3k people, laying hands on each other in a confined space for two hours to express that and find comfort in your faith. If there is a god, it would want you to use common sense and keep your distance. Remember, churches do not have a magic antenna directly to god, you can do that all by yourself in your own home.

That aside the real serious holy rollers (of all beliefs) are really something else thinking they can pray the disease away inside a church with thousands. All they are doing is turning themselves into a giant test cohort for virus vector.

HTTPS://VIDEOS.METRO.CO.UK/VIDEO/MET/2020/03/19/8218366516048018241/960X540_MP4_8218366516048018241.MP4

All I can say is hats off to the lady cashier who refused to serve this dick head, who tried to check out 24 bottles of water!

I hate people who panic buy, when there are health care workers and the elderly who are being inconvenienced!!! :mad:

Edited by Kiwi_Zep_Fan87

1 hour ago, Kiwi_Zep_Fan87 said:

HTTPS://VIDEOS.METRO.CO.UK/VIDEO/MET/2020/03/19/8218366516048018241/960X540_MP4_8218366516048018241.MP4

All I can say is hats off to the lady cashier who refused to serve this dick head, who tried to check out 24 bottles of water!

I hate people who panic buy, when there are health care workers and the elderly who are being inconvenienced!!! :mad:

There is a difference between stockpiling and hoarding. I live in earthquake country so we keep a lot of water handy in case services are disrupted for a period of time. The general rule is you need one gallon of water per person PER DAY.  Therefore those 24 bottles of water (assuming they are gallons) would be only enough for a family of four for 6 days. If you would expect the possibility of water supply being cut off for 2-3 weeks (which after hurricanes and other events has happened), then that same family would need to 'stockpile' 84-126 gallons of potable water.

The thing with this virus is that safe water distribution from the local cities is not likely to be affected. Therefore the water coming out of the tap is perfectly safe to drink as long as the water supply infrastructure is still working. What I have noticed where I live is that a lot of newer immigrants from 3rd world countries are suspicious of the safe potable water here in America because where they come from the water infrastructure cannot be trusted and is unhealthy, so they panic buy water when they can just get it out of the tap.

1 hour ago, kipper said:

There is a difference between stockpiling and hoarding. I live in earthquake country so we keep a lot of water handy in case services are disrupted for a period of time. The general rule is you need one gallon of water per person PER DAY.  Therefore those 24 bottles of water (assuming they are gallons) would be only enough for a family of four for 6 days. If you would expect the possibility of water supply being cut off for 2-3 weeks (which after hurricanes and other events has happened), then that same family would need to 'stockpile' 84-126 gallons of potable water.

The thing with this virus is that safe water distribution from the local cities is not likely to be affected. Therefore the water coming out of the tap is perfectly safe to drink as long as the water supply infrastructure is still working. What I have noticed where I live is that a lot of newer immigrants from 3rd world countries are suspicious of the safe potable water here in America because where they come from the water infrastructure cannot be trusted and is unhealthy, so they panic buy water when they can just get it out of the tap.

If people want to do that, fine, they have websites for that all over the net, no need to fuck over the locals. That's what I don't understand. When al this started and my wife told me she could not find this or that I asked her to make me a list. The general merchandise stuff (TP, paper towels, etc.) I ordered from HD Supply and was at my door in 24 hours. Groceries I got from a survivalist site and I only got the necessities just in case, nothing more.

1 hour ago, PeaceFrogYum said:

If people want to do that, fine, they have websites for that all over the net, no need to fuck over the locals. That's what I don't understand. When al this started and my wife told me she could not find this or that I asked her to make me a list. The general merchandise stuff (TP, paper towels, etc.) I ordered from HD Supply and was at my door in 24 hours. Groceries I got from a survivalist site and I only got the necessities just in case, nothing more.

The guy in the video that Kiwi posted was wrong for his actions, but only because he was violating the store's policy concerning limits on the item. Store can make any policy it wishes to stop hoarders--- or worse, resellers/price gougers.... I was not excusing his actions. But he may actually have a need for more than two of a particular item which is why I left the door open for the need to "stockpile".  And if you think about it in terms of the virus and social distancing, we actually do want people to stay home and not go out everyday in public--- possibly in crowds--- foraging for items to buy in crowed stores.  So having a bit more on hand in this situation is both prudent and helps with social distancing over a longer number of days or weeks.

TP is a curious thing as in most of the world TP would be considered a luxury item.

In my case I need to buy more food than many people because I am also buying for 3 other households which have people in their '80s and '90s who do have to stay locked down. So When I order 20lbs of rice, or a case of beans, it isn't just for me, but I'm sure it looks like I am hoarding.  Again, "stockpiling" is the more appropriate application. It is what the military must do-- or FEMA, or many other organizations which may have a sudden need to exponentially expand their supply lines during an emergency.  If you keep just what you need for only a few days, you may end up running short.

About emergency water:

Having some store bought gallons of drinking water is fine, but the better thing to do is have larger emergency containers of water. The water in those containers will in fact become non - potable in a shorter time that bottled drinking water, but it can be easily sanitized using some household bleach solution, iodine, or just putting in on to boil for 10 minutes.

Everyone should have some of these filled with water for emergencies. And even if not to drink, but for bathing or washing dishes.

On 4/4/2020 at 2:37 AM, kipper said:

or believe this highly infectious virus is a hoax or something.

Gee, I wonder where anyone would get that notion from?

On 4/4/2020 at 2:37 AM, kipper said:

Years ago I read that in Singapore you could get 6 months in jail and a good whipping for spitting on the ground.  We in western cultures could use some of that stern enforcement to get stupid people to follow the program.

Yes, I think the west would be well served to bring some public floggings into it's culture for some of the more idiotic behaviours like wanton vandalism and other really shit social behaviours. Make the price to pay patently not worth it.

On 4/4/2020 at 3:37 AM, PeaceFrogYum said:

These church people are just the dumbest out there. Now though I am agnostic for the most part I do believe in a god or primus moblius of some sort and understand people turning to faith in this time of need. However, you do not need to surround yourself with 3k people, laying hands on each other in a confined space for two hours to express that and find comfort in your faith. If there is a god, it would want you to use common sense and keep your distance. Remember, churches do not have a magic antenna directly to god, you can do that all by yourself in your own home.

That aside the real serious holy rollers (of all beliefs) are really something else thinking they can pray the disease away inside a church with thousands. All they are doing is turning themselves into a giant test cohort for virus vector.

The Hitch said it best. Religion actually does poison everything. NOTHING in this world is improved by the introduction of religion to it. No situation, no discussion or position on morals or values or ethics, nothing. And I'm with you PFY, there seems to be something more to this existance (or beyond it) - more than meets our meagre eyes in my view. The various "Churches" are just institutions like any other. They exist to serve themselves and to ensure they profit and survive. Nothing to do with an individuals relationship to the devine - just a perversion of that concept. Nothing more.