Go Skateboarding Day

Jahfin

Photoshop, yes? Clever all the same.

Perhaps but it looks more like someone just stuck a skateboard up there. Not really all that far fetched.

On the topic of skateboarding, there is an insanely good book that came out in 2010 called "Locals Only: California Skateboarding 1975-1978", that is a collection of photographs that Hugh Holland took around the California skate spots of the time...the Dog Bowl, Kemper Elementary, the drainage pipes along Laurel Canyon, Redondo Beach, etc.

If you want to know what part of my childhood was like, this book is a good starting point. Especially the time I lived close to the beach...it was harder to skateboard in the fields and dirt of Woodcrest.

The book is huge, with large format photos that you just want to fall into. A definite must for anyone interested in skateboarding history and photography.

http://www.amazon.co...d_iv_books?is=l

Thanks for the heads up, I've added it to my Amazon Wishlist.

• 3 weeks later...

Even though it's been one of the mildest Winters on record for NC this year, I broke out the boards today for only the second time in 2012. I'm so ready for it to stay warm for good. The time change is coming this weekend which is also something to look forward to.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is some old 8mm home movie footage set to a soundtrack that includes Deep Purple. If you like what you see here be sure to check out DrAbalone's channel on YouTube as there's lots more where this came from. A must for any fan of skateboarding and surfing.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived