Live '75 SBD compilation

badgeholder

Using only the soundboard tapes from the US tour, I've concocted a "best of" 3CD set

What do you think? Any changes I should consider? I didn't include Earls Court, Because I only have aud recordings from that

This was a fun little project. I learned that Baton Rouge and Vancouver are really great shows. And St Louis sounds awesome

Rock & Roll - Seattle, March 17th (4:20 w/ intro)

Sick Again - Vancouver, March 19th (6:22)

Over the Hills & Far Away - Baton Rouge, Feb. 28th (7:26)

In My Time of Dying - Dallas, March 5th (12:19)

The Song Remains the Same - Vancouver, March 19th (5:30)

Rain Song - St. Louis, Feb. 16th (9:07)

Kashmir - Baton Rouge, Feb 28th (8:03)

ttl: 53:07

No Quarter - Long Beach, March 11th (22:12)

Trampled Underfoot - New York, Feb. 12th (9:13)

Moby Dick - New York, Feb. 12th (20:55)

ttl: 52:20

Dazed and Confused - Baton Rouge, Feb. 28th (35:33)

Stairway to Heaven - Nassau, NY, Feb. 14th (13:52)

Whole Lotta Love-The Crunge-

-Black Dog - Vancouver, March 19 (14:21)

Heartbreaker - Nassau, Feb. 14th (10:26)

ttl: 74:12

Using only the soundboard tapes from the US tour, I've concocted a "best of" 3CD set

What do you think? Any changes I should consider? I didn't include Earls Court, Because I only have aud recordings from that

This was a fun little project. I learned that Baton Rouge and Vancouver are really great shows. And St Louis sounds awesome

Over the Hills & Far Away - Baton Rouge, Feb. 28th (7:26)

ttl: 53:07

No Quarter - Long Beach, March 11th (22:12)

ttl: 52:20

Looks like I need to acquire Baton rouge and Dallas.

Looks like I need to acquire Baton rouge and Dallas.

I don't have Baton Rouge in it's entirety. Have part of the show from a vinyl boot I got years ago. Dallas is a great one with sound to match.

I don't have Baton Rouge in it's entirety. Have part of the show from a vinyl boot I got years ago. Dallas is a great one with sound to match.

Hi SuperDave. Is your Baton Rouge soundboard? I seem to remember it just coming out as one just within the past year or so but, I could be wrong. I also know of the Dallas one but sort of remember that it's incomplete? again, could be wrong. I'm actually very new to the whole bootleg scene although once I was taught by a friend how to use the computer properly, I've amassed quite a few. I'll be 45 in a few weeks and I never knew half this shit existed! What a joy the first time I heard "As Long As I Have You" from 4-27-69. I don't like to waste time with downloading stuff that sounds like crap...even if it's Zep so, I try to research this stuff the best I can. I thank you and everyone here for your input.

Hi SuperDave. Is your Baton Rouge soundboard? I seem to remember it just coming out as one just within the past year or so but, I could be wrong. I also know of the Dallas one but sort of remember that it's incomplete? again, could be wrong. I'm actually very new to the whole bootleg scene although once I was taught by a friend how to use the computer properly, I've amassed quite a few. I'll be 45 in a few weeks and I never knew half this shit existed! What a joy the first time I heard "As Long As I Have You" from 4-27-69. I don't like to waste time with downloading stuff that sounds like crap...even if it's Zep so, I try to research this stuff the best I can. I thank you and everyone here for your input.

There are two versions of the Baton Rouge show, the Freezer Aud recording and the SBD. The Audience recording is very good, as is the SBD. The soundboards of both of the Dallas shows are out there, the first show (3rd of March I believe?) has a cut during No Quarter, which sucks because that was the best song in '75 imo. The second show is fairly good, with No Quarter being the stand out for me.

There are plenty of good audience recordings out there man, just because it's audience doesn't mean the quality is bad. I prefer audience over soundboard at times, it gives off a great vibe of the show which no soundboard recording can capture.

I don't like to waste time with downloading stuff that sounds like crap...even if it's Zep so, I try to research this stuff the best I can.

That's what I thought at first...then I ended up DLing everything :lol:

As tom kid has suggested, you'll miss an awful lot of great shows if you stick to SBDs and the so-called 'best' AUD recordings. If you don't have it already, go grab Tucson 28-6-72 to hear what I mean. It's way better than the shows used for HTWWW, IMO.

I'm listening to them all in sequence, and of the 180 or so I've heard so far, only maybe 5% are borderline unlistenable.

Ronzo, my Baton Rouge show is only 1 lp and is partial. I got it years ago and haven't listened to it in a few years. No particular reason why. I'm pretty sure it's a SB. It does sound very good.

There are two versions of the Baton Rouge show, the Freezer Aud recording and the SBD. The Audience recording is very good, as is the SBD. The soundboards of both of the Dallas shows are out there, the first show (3rd of March I believe?) has a cut during No Quarter, which sucks because that was the best song in '75 imo. The second show is fairly good, with No Quarter being the stand out for me.

There are plenty of good audience recordings out there man, just because it's audience doesn't mean the quality is bad. I prefer audience over soundboard at times, it gives off a great vibe of the show which no soundboard recording can capture.

Well, I guess I should say it doesn't necessarily have to be a soundboard for me to get it just that they usually have a decent sound. I have the "Going to California" 9-14-71 show and it's really good. LTTE obviously as well as a few others from other bands. I have a Uriah Heep recorded from a Dan Lapinski that sounds very good too. Some things just really break my heart like listening to the Osaka 9-29-71 show and halfway through Dazed, it just completely craps out. In and out I should say. Time is also a factor for me. Like... me responding to you days later. I have a lot on my plate friend so if I ever don't respond quickly, nothing personal. You all seem pretty cool, I'm just very busy. I'm also grateful that this stuff exists at all! I never knew about half of it. I do know where to look for these things also so, I'm ready when something new pops up like the recent Seattle show. I have better 75 shows IMO but, I downloaded that sucker anyway. I have some vacation time coming soon so, maybe I can look into some of these others that you folks mentioned. Thanks a lot tom kid. Good talking to you from the other side of the world.

That's what I thought at first...then I ended up DLing everything :lol:

As tom kid has suggested, you'll miss an awful lot of great shows if you stick to SBDs and the so-called 'best' AUD recordings. If you don't have it already, go grab Tucson 28-6-72 to hear what I mean. It's way better than the shows used for HTWWW, IMO.

I'm listening to them all in sequence, and of the 180 or so I've heard so far, only maybe 5% are borderline unlistenable.

Tucson 6-28-72. Noted and thanks for the advice. I'll check it out.

Oh, I'm not correcting the way you write your date BTW I'm just putting it backwards so my American brain can comprehend it. LOL!

Ronzo, my Baton Rouge show is only 1 lp and is partial. I got it years ago and haven't listened to it in a few years. No particular reason why. I'm pretty sure it's a SB. It does sound very good.

I do believe there is a complete one out there. As I told tom kid, days off coming soon. Maybe I'll get to it. Even my time off is rough. Remodeling the bathroom and my wife is battling breast and bone cancer. I have A LOT going on. Thanks for your reply SuperDave.

I do believe there is a complete one out there. As I told tom kid, days off coming soon. Maybe I'll get to it. Even my time off is rough. Remodeling the bathroom and my wife is battling breast and bone cancer. I have A LOT going on. Thanks for your reply SuperDave.

No problem. I hope things get better for you and your wife. You have my sincerest best wishes!

No problem. I hope things get better for you and your wife. You have my sincerest best wishes!

Thanks SuperDave. My wife is doing well considering. The only time I"m not with her is when I'm working which is a lot lately. This disease changes everything. My new rule is that I spend all my energy making sure she gets to do what SHE wants to do for as long as she wants to do it. She tires easily so when she sleeps or just doesn't want to do anything, I play guitar, have some beers and, come on here to talk to you guys. Three day weekend if I'm lucky....YES! I hope you have a great 4th of July weekend. Thanks again.

I'd replace it with the version from St. Valentine's day, Feb. 16. It's superior. The one from Feb. 12 has a few painful mistakes in it to my ears, anyway. But Valentine's just rocks all out with some tasty playing from Page.

I'd replace it with the version from St. Valentine's day, Feb. 16. It's superior. The one from Feb. 12 has a few painful mistakes in it to my ears, anyway. But Valentine's just rocks all out with some tasty playing from Page.

Although, I think the best version of Trampled from the '75 tour was from Earls Courts on May 24th. Tough to top that version. Absolutely killer! :stereo::hurrah:

Yeah, the NY Trampled isn't ideal, but none of them are perfect. Maybe I should steal the Earls Court version off the DVD!

I've made a few changes, based on all of your excellent suggestions:

I've changed OTH from Baton Rouge to Dallas 3/4. It's a great one. I've added SIBLY from Nassau (of course! D'oh!)

I've changed No Quarter from Long Beach to Baton Rouge. It's just so.."Zeppelin-y"

Many songs have multiple 'contenders', so the "research" continues... My criteria includes the mix as well as how well Robert's doing, among other things.

In other words, it's not SOLELY about how good Jimmy's solo is ( I know you guitar players! :P)

Over the Hills & Far Away - Dallas, March 4th (8:13)

Since I've Been Loving You - Nassau, NY, 2-14-75 (9:35)

ttl: 55:26

No Quarter - Baton Rouge (20:14)

ttl: 58:25

I always edit together the best versions to make one ultimate version. I already did this with No Quarter, Ten Years Gone and "don´t laugh" Hot Dog.

Why the latter? There aren't many differences in these versions. Others are understandable.

Welcome to the forum! :D

Archived