Jimmy at Whitesnake Gig At Hammersmith Odeon

kenog

I searched the rest of the site to see if this had been posted already, but could not find anything. My source is Ross Halfin's site. There is a photo on the site of Jimmy and David Coverdale together.

".....Spent this evening "IN THE STILL OF THE NIGHT" as they say, in the company of Whitesnake at the Hammersmith Odeon. Went with my two security guards, Oliver Halfin and Jimmy Page, hung out with our host David Coverdale before the show who was most gracious. Oliver went for a singalong while Jimmy and I watched. It was packed and so hot, like a huge sauna, good atmosphere plus Bernie Marsden come on for the encores. David finished the show with a nice solo vocal of Soldier Of Fortune."

As I recall, Jimmy has been to every Whitesnake tour stop in London since 1994. Just a couple of old friends catching up. Nice to see they have maintained a friendship after all these years.

http://www.rosshalfin.com/diary/june-2011/diary-june-2011.php

There's the link

Also, Bernie Marsden came up on stage and performed Here I Go Again and Still of the Night with the band. I have a friend who went to the concert and they said it was quite good.

Hopefully, Jimmy is trying to recruit David for a track on his upcoming solo album!? (Yea, I know - dream on!) :-)

Well honestly at this point, it doesn't seem like a far fetched idea. With his website having a lot of Outrider references, I'd say its a strong possibility. smile.gif

^ That's who I thought he meant. But I've looked at it, and I can't see 'a lot of Outrider references'. In fact, I can only see one - a logo, which is also the only solo logo he's ever had, as far as I'm aware.

Also, I don't see why Outrider references, however many, would imply he's gonna hire Coverversion. Here's praying he doesn't :(

^ That's who I thought he meant. But I've looked at it, and I can't see 'a lot of Outrider references'. In fact, I can only see one - a logo, which is also the only solo logo he's ever had, as far as I'm aware.

Also, I don't see why Outrider references, however many, would imply he's gonna hire Coverversion. Here's praying he doesn't :(

The only scenario DC would sing for Jimmy Page would be on a one or maybe two track basis on an album. I think people assume that Coverdale is pining away to be with Jimmy again and I'd say that is a false assumption.

The two guys are friends. I think that's the extent of it.

As I recall, Jimmy has been to every Whitesnake tour stop in London since 1994.

I show only two - the Carling Apollo gig in Hammersmith on October 20, 1994 and this one. He also attended David's gig at Gigantinho in Porto Alegre, Brazil in 1997. If anyone can substantiate there have been others I'll gladly update my database.

I show only two - the Carling Apollo gig in Hammersmith on October 20, 1994 and this one. He also attended David's gig at Gigantinho in Porto Alegre, Brazil in 1997. If anyone can substantiate there have been others I'll gladly update my database.

June 26th 2008 Wembley Arena See Ross Halfins Diary

David also says Jimmy was there in 2003 (Wembly?) He was definitely there in 04 (Hammersmith, Jimmy is even featured in the backstage documentary of the gig) according to Halfin's diary....he has been with Jimmy every time since 04 that WS has come through.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be delighted to see those two team up again -- in the studio, onstage, whatever they feel like doing. Its all good!

So, Jimmy has attended several of David's shows over the past 15 years, but did he actually get up and play at any of those? Or was he just there as an observer? I'm just wondering if Jimmy and David have jammed together at all since 1993?

I'd be delighted to see those two team up again -- in the studio, onstage, whatever they feel like doing. Its all good!

So, Jimmy has attended several of David's shows over the past 15 years, but did he actually get up and play at any of those? Or was he just there as an observer? I'm just wondering if Jimmy and David have jammed together at all since 1993?

Jimmy & David have never performed together publicly since their disbandment of Coverdale/Page in December 1993.

Here's the photo if anyone is interested...

350j7yt.jpg

Whoa!!! This picture is proof older guys cannot pull off big hair. Coverdale looks like an old queen without his falsies...NASTY! I like Coverdale and enjoy his singing but he really needs to re-assess his hair and wardrobe, this ain't 1987 anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived