Neil Young

freshmint

No chance of that Strider!

I'll be there with plenty of time to spare.

Don't be late, Reggie! I tried to fit a "Celebration Day" screening in before the Neil Young concert and ended up missing the first few songs, including the great "Powderfinger".

The set lists have been very consistent since the start of the tour so I expect they'll play it with only the encores changing every other show, it should interesting to see what it'll be tonight.

Personally I'd like them to play Cortez the Killer although I doubt it will happen, we'll have to wait and see?

http://www.sugarmtn.org/year.php?year=2013

Tonights set list.

Love And Only Love / Powderfinger / Born In Ontario / Walk Like A Giant / Hole In The Sky / Heart Of Gold / Twisted Road / Singer Without A Song / Ramada Inn / Cinnamon Girl / F*!#in' Up / Mr. Soul / Hey Hey, My My (Into The Black) // Prisoners Of Rock 'n' Roll / Opera Star

• 2 weeks later...

As much as I dislike having to change browsers to Google Chrome to get vids to open on the site.....this song is worth the hassle.

Neil Young and Crazy Horse usually play Cinnamon Girl on their current Alchemy Tour, but sometimes they will substitute Cortez instead. Anyone who knows me, knows which I prefer. Those lucky folks in Melbourne! :) Missy

• 3 weeks later...
I watched Neil Young's "Journeys" last night. Quite self-indulgent in my opinion. Enjoyed meeting his brother Bob, but not really interested in childhood tales of blowing up turtles and such. Got out an atlas out because I was curious where in Ontario this small town was, but couldn't find it or the Pigeon River. Seeing some detail of The Massey Hall was cool, but the setlist was shakey (no pun intended) at best. I've seen Neil 7 or so times in various forms, but I always approach with caution. Setting your guitar on the stage in feedback mode and walking away...that stopped being impressive about 30 years ago for me. Glad I saw it, and glad I didn't buy it.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I`ve been unable to be without Neil`s music since hearing his band BS, than his solo/CSN&Y what a magical musical trek through Neil Young`s music is a must for anyone whom enjoys musicians whom are " Hittin` The NOTE... Because Music MATTERS " oh count GEEKFREAK in with NY yeeeeeeeeees!

• 4 months later...

It takes a special breed of person like Neil Young to walk away from Canada and focus most of his political attention on another country, and to think he was given the Order of Canada the highest order in the Dominion. His British Grandmum would be proud

Did you miss how Neil managed to piss off the oil industry a few months back when he toured the Fort McMurray oil sands and compared them to Hiroshima? :lol: Neil's always used the fact that he's a Canadian when it's advantageous for him, for good or ill...

For Young's decidedly ill-advised forays into American politics, I blame Crosby, Stills and Nash :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you miss how Neil managed to piss off the oil industry a few months back when he toured the Fort McMurray oil sands and compared them to Hiroshima? :lol: Neil's always used the fact that he's a Canadian when it's advantageous for him, for good or ill...

For Young's decidedly ill-advised forays into American politics, I blame Crosby, Stills and Nash :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nash is British.