Minneapolis, MN-Met Center April 12, 1977

DavidZoso

No audio or video has surfaced from this show and not many pics, but the ones that have are nice ones.

The Song Remains the Same

mn77d.jpg

Sick Again

mn77e.jpg

mn77f.jpg

In My Time of Dying or Kashmir

PN004535.jpg

Ten Years Gone

mn77b.jpg

Either - In My Time of Dying, Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter or Kashmir

mn77c.jpg

Moby Dick- (nice pic of Bonzo twirling his sticks.) :D

mn77a.jpg

Guitar solo

1954.jpg

Goodnight

PN005245.jpg

I don't think that picture of Jones is ten years gone, he used bass pedals for that song. What other acoustic stuff did they do that night?

I noticed that as well that there wasn't any bass pedals but Robert is standing up and singing and the only other song it could be is Going to California- and I have never seen him stand to sing that.

I noticed that as well that there wasn't any bass pedals but Robert is standing up and singing and the only other song it could be is Going to California- and I have never seen him stand to sing that.

Could have been TBOE. Pagey played the Mandolin during that song.

same here, very strange.

Yeah I just went and read the reviews for the show in the timeline and nothing was mentioned other than one person remembers some firecrackers being thrown at Jimmy during the acoustic set haha but what is new this was the firecracker tour.

Maybe it is Going to California and Robert stood up for some reason as his chair is still there and I think they moved his chair for Ten Years Gone. Since we don't have audio maybe he is making some kinda of speech during Going to California -it looks like JPJ is actually playing something and not noodling-maybe some of the guitar players on here can tell what he is playing.

Yeah I just went and read the reviews for the show in the timeline and nothing was mentioned other than one person remembers some firecrackers being thrown at Jimmy during the acoustic set haha but what is new this was the firecracker tour.

Maybe it is Going to California and Robert stood up for some reason as his chair is still there and I think they moved his chair for Ten Years Gone. Since we don't have audio maybe he is making some kinda of speech during Going to California -it looks like JPJ is actually playing something and not noodling-maybe some of the guitar players on here can tell what he is playing.

It's actually at 1:28 where you can see the flash from the firecracker.

1:30 mark someone tosses a firecracker on stage, notice Page's reaction. LOOK below for the VIDEO REPLY as Robert Plant addresses the crowd afterward.

Seattle, Washington, Kingdome, July 17, 1977

ledzeppelin.com/show/july-17-1977

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQO6WmA657k

Hey is playing a Gmajor chord and the funny thing is, that chord is in Ten Years Gone and John Paul Jones uses the twelve string for that part of the song when played live on the triple neck guitar. I do not think I have seen him play the whole song on that twelve string though or a picture maybe. It has been years since I have played any of there acoustic stuff so nothing else rings a bell, funny thing is, I play guitar in a Led Zeppelin tribute band! haha

here is another picture with that guitar and you can see the moog bass pedals in front of him, however, I don't know if he was using it. Maybe the triple neck broke a string or was acting up or vice versa. I'm almost certain he always used the triple neck on ten years gone and I know he used the bass pedals always on that song.

post-16167-0-78972000-1308882606_thumb.j

here is another picture with that guitar and you can see the moog bass pedals in front of him, however, I don't know if he was using it. Maybe the triple neck broke a string or was acting up or vice versa. I'm almost certain he always used the triple neck on ten years gone and I know he used the bass pedals always on that song.

This was the first leg of the tour and he only had the 12 string-he didn't start using the triple neck until the second leg of the tour- first time being in Birmingham, AL 5-18-77.

Also on The Battle of Evermore and Going to California didn't John Paul Jones play a regular 6 string acoustic and not a 12 string?

Birmingham, Alabama 5-18-77

lz19770518_28.jpg

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This was the first leg of the tour and he only had the 12 string-he didn't start using the triple neck until the second leg of the tour- first time being in Birmingham, AL 5-18-77.

Also on The Battle of Evermore and Going to California didn't John Paul Jones play a regular 6 string acoustic and not a 12 string?

Birmingham, Alabama 5-18-77

lz19770518_28.jpg

Although the Triple Neck was delivered to JPJ in late 1974, it got sent back to Andy Manson in early 1977 to add some fretboard inlays put in and that is why it was not played on the 1st leg of the 1977 US tour.

Archived