FOR BADGEHOLDERS ONLY: LA Forum June 23, 1977

Strider

So now that you've confirmed it's not Mike Millard, I have several questions.

1.) Who was the source...does anyone know his name or where he's from?

2.) Did he tape other shows, Led Zeppelin or otherwise?

3.) If there are 5 or 6 different sources for the June 23 show, what about the other nights? Why isn't there a better source for the 22 show then?

4.) Did some special message get sent out to the taping community that Keith Moon was gonna show up at the 23rd? Is that why there's multiple sources for that show and not the others at the Forum that week?

5.) Why were the LA tapers so much more on the ball than New York or Chicago tapers? With the exception of the 22nd, the whole week of the 77 LA Forum shows are available in good to great quality sound. Contrast that with the run of MSG shows in NY in 77...I have yet to hear a decent audience tape from those MSG shows.

1: Unknown taper (listed as such at many Zep sites)

2: I don't know

3:If I recall correctly , this is the one show on the LA run that Mike Millard missed. As for sources for the other nights I know of 2 or 3 sources for the 21st, 3 for the 22nd, 1 for the 25th, 2 for the 26th, & 1 for the 27th. Again this is info I recall from reading posts/info at various Zep sites so.............

4: Not sure what info LA tapers were privy too but I will ASSume that there were numerous tapers at all shows but more releases for the 23rd due to Moon's appearence & the fact that the fine quality of FBO caused more people to "share" their tapes????????

5: Good question. This is disappointing to me because IMHO the Zep shows at MSG were up there with the LA run; its the tapers that weren't. I have seen tons of shows in the NY tristate area (NY, NJ & CT.) along with philly & Maryland, and the sound at MSG (although it has been improved greatly over the years) was never as good as the others. But the atmosphere at MSG is unsurpassed IMHO.

I believe 3hrs of Lunacy is a member here. Hopefully he'll see this & chime in as he knows his Zep bootleg facts.

Also you might know of this site, but visit here for info/reviews.

http://www.uuweb.led...in.us/index.htm

Thanks zep head for all that info! :beer:

I just don't have the time to scour the web. I do know and used to frequent the Underground Uprising site, but haven't been there as much recently as it seemed out of date. There would be no mention of the latest upgrades and the most recent review would be from 2003.

I have stumbled upon this other site that reviews not just Zep, but Pink Floyd, the Stones, Dylan, Springsteen and newer acts.

It's called Collectors Music Reviews...or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...

[3:If I recall correctly , this is the one show on the LA run that Mike Millard missed...........

Oops.........I have a correction....Mike Millard missed 2 shows from the 6 night LA run. It seems he was not at the shows from the 22nd AND the 26th. Sorry about that..

Archived