Found this note from Jimmy Page

That 8 minutes is the most I have ever seen of any Oprah Winfrey show.

I would surmise that she was a semi-famous groupie back in the 1970's. It would seem obvious that her "act" had something to do with butter.

I have two Led Zeppelin bootlegs cds titled, "Revenge of the Butterqueen" and "the Sex Machine and the Butterqueen" They are both excellent soundboard cds from Led Zeppelin live in Los Angeles March 25, 1975 (part one and part two).

Not that this helps any. Just thought I would reply about titles of the bootleg cds.

I would surmise that she was a semi-famous groupie back in the 1970's. It would seem obvious that her "act" had something to do with butter.

I have two Led Zeppelin bootlegs cds titled, "Revenge of the Butterqueen" and "the Sex Machine and the Butterqueen" They are both excellent soundboard cds from Led Zeppelin live in Los Angeles March 25, 1975 (part one and part two).

Not that this helps any. Just thought I would reply about titles of the bootleg cds.

The Butter Queen is well known. She seems nice enough. She likes to have fun. Does what she wants.

:munchies:

rulefortytwo.com

From San Jose down to Santa Fe

Kiss me quick, baby, won'tcha make my day.

Down to New Orleans with the Dixie Dean,

Cross to Dallas, Texas with the Butter Queen.

keno.org/stones_lyrics/ripthisjoint

Listen at 1:25.

The Butter Queen is well known. She seems nice enough. She likes to have fun. Does what she wants.

:munchies:

rulefortytwo.com

keno.org/stones_lyrics/ripthisjoint

Listen at 1:25.

Thanks for that link. Cool to know that she is from Dallas, Texas. I live about 20 miles north in Plano, Texas.

Being from Dallas, I bet the Butter Queen knew Rusty and the rest of the guys at SHOWCO back in her day.

Thanks for that link. Cool to know that she is from Dallas, Texas. I live about 20 miles north in Plano, Texas.

Being from Dallas, I bet the Butter Queen knew Rusty and the rest of the guys at SHOWCO back in her day.

I didn't see any notes in regard to ShowCo, but she did leave a recent note to Donovan on his Facebook page.

In other words she is a whore

hysterical.gif

Regarding the note, does anyone know when Jimmy wrote it? To me, it looks like he wrote it while in the Yardbirds because of the way he signed his name and the reference to the song lyrics.

And yes, when I think of butter, I think of Brando in the Last Tango in Paris.dry.gif

I have these titles too. Always wondered why they were named that. Had a feeling it might have to do with the 70's groupie scene.

• 2 months later...

Thanks to mikezep for pointing me here...my problem was that I was searching for a thread titled "Butter Queen".

Hadn't seen that Oprah clip ever...scary stuff; I don't miss 80s BIG HAIR one bit!

Roxie, I've got that show that the clip you posted comes from. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

I wouldn't call fake : his signature in the late 60s was much more legible, and matches that one easily. That timing would also fit the (very amusing) Yardbirds reference. And the lady's heyday.

And yet.... looks like it's written on a post-it note ! They weren't available until 1980 ....

Sam Cutler has a section on the Butter Queen in his recent (excellent) book. His candid and well-written but unflattering portrayal of the Butter Queen, including his reaction (and that of the band members) to her made my friends and I cringe. Sam's book is well-written and thoughtful (and to us, worlds better than Richard Cole's book) but I can't imagine being a woman and learning that a chapter about you begins with the Picasso quote: "There are two types of women Goddesses and doormats" and gets worse from there. That has to sting...

Archived